Help with pricing a manual 2003 360 spider - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-20-2013, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Help with pricing a manual 2003 360 spider

I've been in the market for a 360 and have found one at an authorized Ferrari dealer. Its a 2003 360 spider with 19k+ miles on it ( red w/ tan interioir). All service has been done by the that same dealer and both of the two owners bought and sold the car to that same dealer. They did a full inspection and service on the car including extras like a new clutch (it's manual). The dealer wants $92K. What should I offer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
If it has a recent belt service, the PPI checks good, and its's in excellent cosmetic condition, I'd say between 85-90.

See the recent thread where someone asked a similar question about a 360 coupe.

And welcome to the forum.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,851
Mike- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Sorry, no clue on 360 values.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-20-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Ok great. Thank you. That's helpful.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
$92 k, 2 owner with service records, 2003 spider . I\I say go for it.

be ready to spend some money, brakes manifold engine mounts and clutch

don Knudsen
post #6 of 7 Old 09-21-2013, 03:45 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
I purchased a 2003 360 Spider this past April (private sale). The owner's asking price was $89,900 Canadian dollars. The car had 14,000 miles on it, two previous owners, one for 2 years in the US and the second one in Canada 8 years. I was ideally seeking red with tan interior with a gated manual. It was challenging to find one. The car I purchased was Nero with Tan and gated shifter. After a lot of tough negotiating, I was able to buy it for 84,000 (the belt service will be due in 2014). I love the car and I have put 3,500 miles on the car since purchase (we have 3 cars but I drive it every weekend or when I just want the Ferrari fix).I was fortunate that my mechanic, who owns Ferrari's came with me. I paid 500.00 at the Ferrari dealer for a PPI and purchased the carfax. And we were allowed in when the car was on the hoist which was a bonus as my mechanic could take a closer look. I have not spent any money on the car other than gas and detailing. I read every Ferrai review, went to many sites, including this excellent one to find all the pros and cons of the 360 spider as well as price points, etc.- this was also very helpful

I would get the PPI, drive the car, get a carfax, and if you trust the history make a reasonable offer. I know I will be spending money on repairs, but that is the nature of owning this special sports car. I had a Tesla Model S on order, thought about buying the new vette, Jag F type, 911 turbo and a few others. I have enjoyed every second of ownership of this car. It is like driving a go cart - this car is fun to drive, people have been great when seeing the car and I must confess to opening my access door to my garage the odd time just to stare at it - it is art on wheels.

Find the right 360 - this one sounds like it might be the one, Make sure you get the PPI, car fax, etc. although none of these guarantees you won't have problems it will mitigate the odds. Buy the 360 Spider. I don't think you will regret it.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 33
There is a guy named Adam on the other, I will not mention its name site, who has an 03 manual with 9000 miles. It was my friends car, he was second owner. It is blue silver over blue interior. My friend spared no expense servicing and caring for the car. He is not a kid and never abused the car. From what he says, the current owner Adam put about 10k plus in carbon fiber upgrades, but still has all the orig stuff. Adam is asking 85 firm. I do not know the current seller. I think he put on 2 k miles since he bought it. It is worth a look if your interested in a 360 stick. I gave it very serious consideration in March when I bought my 575, but the manual transmit ion would have caused issues at home. Good luck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode