Ferrari Life Forum banner

Ferrari silicon valley

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Vlagana 
#1 ·
I have been looking for 6 months for my F430. So many nice examples but I am not comfortable taking someone's word regarding how clean a car is without seeing it for myself. Southern cal has plenty of cars but Ferrari of silicon valley is the closest dealership to me. Has anyone dealt with them for ppi or purchase. I have been cleared by the wife to purchase my dream car f430.
Thank you
Vic

#5 ·
I obviously can't help you with dealers in silicon valley but if you search through the posts within this forum, for example one by chenglo regarding the problems he is having with his F430, you will see that there are some real experts to be found here. Maybe post your question in that thread.

On another note and just in case you haven't. Have you looked at the 430 scuderias? I really liked my F430 but I am totally in love with my 16M. It's a personal choice, of course, and many would far prefer the refinement of an F430 over a scud. I guess it's just great to have such good models to choose from and we haven't even begun to discuss colours yet!

#6 ·
Bought 2003 360 with 19k miles last year from Jason and was a very good experience. Car was described as being in excellent shape over the phone. The car did look very good and detailed but the clear bra had some bubbling in the front which was not disclosed. The Interior leather was in good shape but had some wear on the bolsters and some wrinkle in the dash leather which was not disclosed. They replaced the clear bra as part of the deal. The bolster cleaned up with leatherique and wrinkles are pretty slight and don't bother me enough to replace it or not buy the car.

I did not get a PPI as I was told that they do not allow PPIs. I could have probably pushed for it but bought it the first day listed so didn't have a choice.

It is my commuting car and now has just under 30k miles. I had an oil leak after it sat for a week during Thanksgiving. I had the rear main seal replaced which was very expensive - I would not have fixed it in retrospect because the leak was not very much and stopped when I started driving the car. I doubt that it would have been picked up on the PPI. To put it into perspective my air cooled Porsche leaked more on its best day than the 360 on its worst week!

Second issue is ?evidence of prior body damage. I had the car listed for sale because I'm moving. A small local shop did PPI and said that car had evidence of major damage. FSV had the car shipped to F Beverly Hills for inspection and their conclusion was no damage which was put in writing. They claimed that 360 being largely hand built was not perfectly symmetrical and this was normal. They also did an inspection on the car and found nothing else wrong. The car was picked up and delivered back to me free of charge and Jason stayed in touch with me throughout the process. FSV offered to buy the car back from me which I declined.

This would have been picked up on PPI for sure. In general I would trust an official Ferrari dealer but obviously they had some bias on this. Will get it a third opinion on my next service which I will do with one of the larger established independent shop.

My advice is deal with Jason and push for a PPI if you want a perfect pristine car. Not sure if it makes as much difference for a driver - I've been very happy with the car and the ownership experience has been very trouble free so far.

Plan on keeping the car and using it as daily driver until I can upgrade to 458.

PM me if you I can answer anything else for you and good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.