Anyone familiar with this car or dealership? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Anyone familiar with this car or dealership?

Considering taking a look at this one in the next few days, but wanted to know if anyone has dealt with this dealership before or knows this car.

Thanks in advance

2008 used Ferrari 430 Coupe F1 for sale in Atlanta, GA Marietta, Georgia | Atlanta Used Ferrari dealership
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Car looks great but

Obviously you are keen on the CF - all over- looks nice, low miles etc.

Don't know the dealer per se.

Do they have the service records?

I can't piece together the ownership story- perhaps Dealer Principal bought it then put it under the business (Lewisville Volkswagen) and then sold it. It's been for sale for almost one year- price correction? Hard to know.
It was listed on Ebay in January. Momentum Porsche for 179K with same VIN ( listed as ?RED/Black).

It is also here for some reason

Ferrari F430 - blue753208's Album - WRETCH

And then this one in January 145 K

2008 Ferrari F430 Formula 1 - Black - Lots of options - AutoZin.com - Used cars for sale

Sorry, I am bored.

Scott

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #3 of 8 Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 47
No matter th dealer or where it is, you should have a PPI done. Could save a lot of headaches and pain.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
Obviously you are keen on the CF - all over- looks nice, low miles etc.

Don't know the dealer per se.

Do they have the service records?

I can't piece together the ownership story- perhaps Dealer Principal bought it then put it under the business (Lewisville Volkswagen) and then sold it. It's been for sale for almost one year- price correction? Hard to know.
It was listed on Ebay in January. Momentum Porsche for 179K with same VIN ( listed as ?RED/Black).

It is also here for some reason

Ferrari F430 - blue753208's Album - WRETCH

And then this one in January 145 K

2008 Ferrari F430 Formula 1 - Black - Lots of options - AutoZin.com - Used cars for sale

Sorry, I am bored.

Scott
Thanks for that info. They're asking 10K more for it now than what it was being sold for in January. I was having trouble tracing the ownership history too. According to the current dealership, it was purchased from another dealership in PA. The only service record that the selling dealer has is a record for fluid change last May. They have nothing before that. I definitely want to do a PPI, but would like to try to get additional service records. Any suggestions on how I can get more information? As it stands, its not really a well documented car, but I love the looks of it.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
I agree- for the right price. You have the carfax- its on the site. Suggestion call the dealer where it was serviced. That can be a hassle unless you or someone here has a relationship.

The only issue I have is the wisdom of crowds. When we look at a marginal organ for transplant, if no one else wants it, it makes us less likely to use it. When two or three teams below us suggest they would use it, we use it ( or are more likely to).

Same with cars- why hasn't it sold in 1 year? If it was not priced well, that's okay. That can be fixed. The other aspect is it has been sitting for a year ( ten months). There has been some mileage, but....

Lastly, there are some places that will repair a totalled car and resell without insurance info etc. I know of at least one person (close friend) that was offered a good price by a dealer well known to us, and the repair shop together to make an insurance claim never happen.

I like the car. Does anyone here have a recommendation for a local PPI- there is Ferrari of Atlanta but who knows.

I think this car can be bought right but only if it is a good car.

Scott

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #6 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
It's important to have a well documented Ferrari.

No matter what the price when it's time to sell you are going to have a tough time.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #7 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
agree with doug

I'm with Doug. It sounds like history is sketchy for this car and for that, i would walk away. there is an abundance of these cars unless you are set on an '08. The price seems high for black especially if it was listing for 10K less in January. They increased the price because most other F430's have jumped in price.

I'd be leaning more towards this one below but it's more my tastes.

For Sale 2008 Ferrari F430 F1 Coupe Red/Tan 6102 miles - FerrariChat.com

Notice how the seller's price kept coming down. market is inflated and overpriced cars will sit. i honestly think this car should sell at 150 to 152.5K.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
[QUOTE=chenglo1;249015]
I'd be leaning more towards this one below but it's more my tastes.

Nice Ferrari and owner - good combo!

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode