Help in pricing this F430 - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
HOORAY!!! I suspected this would happen! Welcome to the club, from one newbie to another! Now, the agonizing wait begins! SO HAPPY FOR YOU CHENG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Mikeyr,

Wife and i are in santa b as i type this here post.
What ? and you did not call !!! and I had nothing to do all day !

Mike
post #23 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Cheng,

Awesome man! Many congrats! I knew you're F car was out there somewhere, and glad this one was it.

Can't wait to see pics of your new baby.

Again, so happy for you this time it worked out.

Btw, got your email and read it. Crazy stuff man, but all that matters is the end result

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

post #24 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Congrats

Cheng:

Which one and is it a done done deal? Please give us more details.

Congrats.

Scott

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #25 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Much congratulations Cheng!

I am very happy for you buddy.
post #26 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
Cheng:

Which one and is it a done done deal? Please give us more details.

Congrats.

Scott
I believe it is a done deal. Ferrari of Newport, F1 car. He loves the gearbox.
post #27 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Owner

Raj,

I think you're right. he forwarded the email he sent to you too (the long version ). and seems like everything's a done deal. just waiting for delivery?

F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #28 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC355 View Post
just waiting for delivery?
LOL - That's basically what I'm doing right now - waiting on my 360. If the weather cooperates, I'll have her in my garage this Friday. Lord, I just want to start driving her! So much upfront TLC stuff to do though... But, it'll be worth it - she's going to be dressed and ready for the BIG DANCE this summer!!!

Oh yeah - Cheng is in the waiting phase... agony... I feel his pain. Food isn't as tasty and the hours can't click by fast enough.
post #29 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Owner

Raj,

the waiting game is the worst part. Friday isn't that far off...i'm the opposite, about to ship my F355 to Dallas tomorrow to have it checked out

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #30 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Hi guys

Hi fellas. yes, pretty much done deal. i have to work extra since i skipped out on work and played. will keep you all posted. sure feels nice not to be shopping anymore. did i read correctly? the Rajmobile is coming on friday? i'm anticipating late next week possibly.

Cheng
post #31 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Hi fellas. yes, pretty much done deal. i have to work extra since i skipped out on work and played. will keep you all posted. sure feels nice not to be shopping anymore. did i read correctly? the Rajmobile is coming on friday? i'm anticipating late next week possibly.
Cheng,
Congrats again - glad the deal is done. You have to work extra now because you BOUGHT A FERRARI, not because you blew off a few days to go shopping in SoCal!

It really does feel nice to be off the sidelines and in the game now, doesn't it? Who knows what we'll do with all of the free time we'll gain since we're not hunting for Miss. Right anymore!

Haha, Rajmobile, I hadn't thought of that one - clever. I'm going up to see her on Wednesday, and then I'll finally bring her home on Friday from the detailer if the weather is nice - it should be OK. Good luck on the wait for your F430.

Oh, FWIW, it's 1:49 AM here. I've been awake for 45 minutes - can't sleep too much car excitement. My mechanic sent me some pics yesterday (Mon.) and I think I literally jumped up and down when I saw them on screen. Since it's a used car, I have to overcome the "it's not my car yet" hurdle. I'm well on my way though - the things I'm doing to the car are really starting to make it feel like my own!

post #32 of 33 Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
quick story about my car purchase... My wife, daughter and her bf were at a local restaurant when the owner of my 360 called me back after I had left a message earlier in the day. I had a few questions/concerns I wanted to talk about and maybe even talk about a PPI. We talked about 20 minutes, my dinner got cold on the table. I walked back in to the restaurant, my daughter said "What's wrong Dad? Are you OK?", my wife laughed and said "he looks like he just bought a Ferrari" and she flagged down the nearest waiter and ordered a bottle of Champagne. That was all before I said a word. I left almost the entire dinner on the table.

Then it was a week to get the financing done and fly out to pick up the car, longest week of my life. When I saw the car for the first time I was in shock at how awesome she looked, I took pictures and then the EX-owner suggested taking a picture of me with the car, I handed him the camera, I stood by the drivers door with my hand on the roof and my wife said "stop petting the car and smile for the picture" I was moving my hand around the top without noticing and petting the car according to her.

11 hours later we were home and almost kept driving because the car was so comfortable, it became my daily driver right then and there for about 8-9 months before I got back on my motorcycle as my daily.
post #33 of 33 Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
nice...

Nice story Mike. I hope that i will be able to remeber my Ferrari buying adventure with my wife for years to come. To make sure i don't forget, i kept a journal and am adding details to it. It's still not quite hit me yet. maybe it's because the car is not home yet. i'll post a couple of pictures in adif thread.

Cheng

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode