Price and allocation check - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Price and allocation check

Hi all,
My dealer is telling me I can get a July delivery on a new 458 coupe allocation they have and MSRP is $269,999 pre-options
I'm in Canada btw. Does this seem right - I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on trading my current 458 in for this if it smells right.

Thank you in advance for input
_CEO_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Jay
Can't comment on the price being on the wrong side of the Atlantic and wrong end of the Ferrari buying spectrum, but haven't you just essentially picked up your new 458 coupe which you specced to your own desires only last year. Just wondering why you would wish to trade it in so quickly? Unless you are being made an offer you can't refuse??

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Jay- The long waiting lists now are for the 458 Spider and the F12, so it is completely logical that dealers would have 458 coupe allocations available.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Jay
Can't comment on the price being on the wrong side of the Atlantic and wrong end of the Ferrari buying spectrum, but haven't you just essentially picked up your new 458 coupe which you specced to your own desires only last year. Just wondering why you would wish to trade it in so quickly? Unless you are being made an offer you can't refuse??
No no, Mine is a 2010 that was in the showroom spec'd perfectly to which I was after expect for a couple of minor things. I walked in and was a total lay down because I did my homework and by fluke the exact spec car was sitting there 20 minutes from home. You might have been confused by original post because I said I regretted not getting the cavellino stitch - I meant by ordering that at delivery to be installed on my car

Thought process for ordering new:

1. I suspect they have a buyer for my car as the trade value I'm being offered is quite good.
2. It would be new : )
3. The allocation turn around time is amazing!
4. Minimize some depreciation loss (although I'd take a hit on the new side)
_CEO_ is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Jay- The long waiting lists now are for the 458 Spider and the F12, so it is completely logical that dealers would have 458 coupe allocations available.
Interesting. Was offered the same turn around for a Spider too...... Hmmm
_CEO_ is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Jay- Jump on the Spider if you like it. You can probably drive her for 18 months and still get most of your money back.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,303
Except for the free maintneance, I can't see an upside to trading coupes.
Even then, you'd have to run the numbers against anticipated depreciation to know for sure.
Unless spec'ing a car is your thing, I say stick with the one you have.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
Killer58 is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Except for the free maintneance, I can't see an upside to trading coupes.
Even then, you'd have to run the numbers against anticipated depreciation to know for sure.
Unless spec'ing a car is your thing, I say stick with the one you have.
Appreciate that - You're probably right!
_CEO_ is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Jay- Jump on the Spider if you like it. You can probably drive her for 18 months and still get most of your money back.
I like the Spider but I have a wife...and she hates her hair getting messed up, I hate wearing hats and I'd likely end up keeping the top up most of the time - which is criminal on a car like that. Aside from that I just cant get enough of looking back and seeing the engine in the rear view and through the deck lid!
_CEO_ is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
If you like the other spec better - go for it.

The warranty alone is worth every penny - for other reasons I prefer the 458 coupe to the Spider.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
post #11 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Owner
 
Maxemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Miami
Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CEO_ View Post
I like the Spider but I have a wife...and she hates her hair getting messed up, I hate wearing hats and I'd likely end up keeping the top up most of the time - which is criminal on a car like that. Aside from that I just cant get enough of looking back and seeing the engine in the rear view and through the deck lid!
I thought my wife was the only one that complained about messy hair and elevated levels of humidity lol
Maxemus is offline  
post #12 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Jay- There will be times when you enjoy the Spider with top down and others with top up. Nice thing is it only takes a few seconds to change. Plus an excuse to buy your wife some really pretty scarves for her hair. From what I have read, there is not much turbulence in the cockpit.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Jay- There will be times when you enjoy the Spider with top down and others with top up. Nice thing is it only takes a few seconds to change. Plus an excuse to buy your wife some really pretty scarves for her hair. From what I have read, there is not much turbulence in the cockpit.
+1 a prudent observation. But then, you can always find another passenger to enjoy with !

w/ smiles

Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Owner
 
550JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CEO_ View Post
I like the Spider but I have a wife...and she hates her hair getting messed up, I hate wearing hats and I'd likely end up keeping the top up most of the time - which is criminal on a car like that. Aside from that I just cant get enough of looking back and seeing the engine in the rear view and through the deck lid!
Jay, not entirely sure and forgive me if I' m wrong, but I believe there is a glass aftermarket deck lid available for the 458. Although it might only be for the 430. I' m sure someone withmore knoweledge will chime in.
Furthermore I' m with Terry. If the price is right and the depreciation is as he states, I'd go for the spider. Een if you' d have the top down only twice a year it would be worth it in my opinion.

Jeroen

Italian bella's:
550 Maranello 7-2000 nero/nero
1974 Ducati 750 Yellow Sport
1974 Ducati 350 Desmo Yellow Sport
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
(And a few Alfa Romeo's and Range Rovers)

Power is nothing without control
550JM is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CEO_ View Post
No no, Mine is a 2010 that was in the showroom spec'd perfectly to which I was after expect for a couple of minor things
my mistake!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #16 of 20 Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550JM View Post
Jay, not entirely sure and forgive me if I' m wrong, but I believe there is a glass aftermarket deck lid available for the 458. Although it might only be for the 430. I' m sure someone withmore knoweledge will chime in.
Jeroen, I think you are probably referring to this?
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/cu...ss-engine.html

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #17 of 20 Old 04-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550JM View Post
Furthermore I' m with Terry. If the price is right and the depreciation is as he states, I'd go for the spider. Een if you' d have the top down only twice a year it would be worth it in my opinion.
+1.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
-1 for me. I just can't get over the difference instyling between the Italia and Spider. The Italia is vastly prettier.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #19 of 20 Old 04-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH VA
Ferrari Life Posts: 10
It seems like a sound idea the coupe is much better looking imho, and the new warranty with free maintenance makes sense.
LARRYH is offline  
post #20 of 20 Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Thanks for the insight all, I decided to pass on the opportunity and enjoy my current 458. Working on an exit of my current company - if it happens, then I'll pull the trigger!
_CEO_ is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale