Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (
-   Ferrari Pre-Purchase Help (
-   -   Texas Car (

sawmillden 03-28-2013 03:01 PM

Texas Car
I have a Texas titled 308 and wondering what is the easy least expensive way to get titled in California ? I heard of getting a Show Car registration might work if only driven 2500 miles a year. It does not have Cat's.
Any help would be appreciated.

Killer58 03-28-2013 03:03 PM

What year is the car?

sawmillden 03-28-2013 04:01 PM

It's a 1982

Killer58 03-28-2013 09:38 PM

In California, a car needs to be smog certified unless it is a:
  • Hybrid
  • Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older
  • Diesel powered 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs
  • Electric
  • Natural gas powered with a GVWR rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
  • Motorcycle
  • Trailer
The above is straight from the Cal DMV web site. I don't know any way around these rules. And if your car's smog system has been tampered with or is missing parts, it is automatically disqualified for any waiver or exemption.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale