F430 Pre-purchase help - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
F430 Pre-purchase help

Coming from a Porsche, I'm now considering a Ferrari. The F430 seems within my comfort zone. While my color preference goes from Giallo Modena to Rosso Corsa then to Grigio Titanio Metallizzato, I'm seeking advice about what to look for in the history of the car and future service concerns.

My local dealer when consulted with is claiming it's a daily drive car, which I found very puzzling. Is this true? Nevertheless, I have a Land Cruiser for that.

And my local dealer is claiming that its routine 10k kilometers (or every year) is only 700 USD unless there are other issues with the car. Plus he's claiming it's very cheap to maintain vs previous Ferrari models.

Please advise.

PS I'm not jumping in the saddle because I believe it's a low maintenance car, but I want to know what to expect since there's so much hype about Ferrari.

Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Your local guy is full of crap.

The 430 can be done as a daily driver, now it really depends on how many miles you drive though. I do around 20,000+ per year. I had to get ride of mine as it was too expensive for a daily driver for my tastes. I would have been spending 10-15,000 USD per year on service.

The car is serviced every 5,000 miles. Every 15,000 miles it needs a major service. These services are usually around 1,200-1,500 USD. The other services at the 5,000 mile intervals are oil changes. Those run around 350$.

Tires for a full set around 1,500 USD
New clutch (not flywheel) 9,000 USD at dealer 4,500 at an independent-6,500$.
Brake pads 1,200$ every 15,000 miles
Pads + Rotors $3,000-5,000 depending on independent or dealer

Clutch and the pads + rotors are the only real big ticket items. If you want a daily driver ferrari I would recommend the california, 458, FF, F12. These come with carbon ceramic brakes standard and the new gear boxes not requiring clutch changes.

F430, 458 Challenge, Ford GT, Gallardo, C63 Black,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode