how am I going to know if dealer shipped the car untouched - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
how am I going to know if dealer shipped the car untouched

hi guys, a little worried.

I am purchasing the car sight unseen and need the dealer to ship it directly overseas.

If the dealer is to replace the wheel or the caprio exhaust which i liked so much right before it was shipped out,

how am I going to be able to prevent that? or do anything about it?

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
not just you...

Good point. i think all you can do is get some Hi res ptrs of all angles possible b4 you give them the money.

I have that fear in the back of my mind and i didn't even buy mine yet. I am fortunate that my country has quite a few of these cars and i have the option of driving it home. Otherwise, i would be at a similar predisposition such as yourself. i would fly there, check out the car, then have them ship it to me after i leave. However, i think if the buyer does his/her due diligence the odds of having something like this happen would be rare. i would think its a very small percentage of sellers that would do this. Hopefully you are buying from a reputable place. Thats why we have forums such as this and Fchat; so we can learn from eachother. good luck!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Cheng, are you in Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Good point. i think all you can do is get some Hi res ptrs of all angles possible b4 you give them the money.

I have that fear in the back of my mind and i didn't even buy mine yet. I am fortunate that my country has quite a few of these cars and i have the option of driving it home. Otherwise, i would be at a similar predisposition such as yourself. i would fly there, check out the car, then have them ship it to me after i leave. However, i think if the buyer does his/her due diligence the odds of having something like this happen would be rare. i would think its a very small percentage of sellers that would do this. Hopefully you are buying from a reputable place. Thats why we have forums such as this and Fchat; so we can learn from eachother. good luck!

post #4 of 6 Old 03-27-2013, 07:15 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
no longer avail

Tianbing,

i am in the USA. did you get your car yet????
post #5 of 6 Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by tian2bing View Post
hi guys, a little worried.

I am purchasing the car sight unseen and need the dealer to ship it directly overseas.

If the dealer is to replace the wheel or the caprio exhaust which i liked so much right before it was shipped out,

how am I going to be able to prevent that? or do anything about it?

any thoughts?
Guess makes me worried about how reputable the dealer is, if you're worried they will remove the wheel or Capristo exhaust. I don't see why they would. Wheels are easy, ask for a ton of pics prior to shipping the car, so you can make sure. Maybe hae them take pics of the exhaust tip too?

I got my F355 sight unseen, but there was no aftermarket parts on it for me to worry about

Good luck

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #6 of 6 Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

no im getting it probabably next week.. negotiating price...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Tianbing,

i am in the USA. did you get your car yet????

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode