What's with used Ferrari's from Florida - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
What's with used Ferrari's from Florida

On the other Ferrari board there was a comment made and confirmed by a second member that used Ferrari sales coming through Florida can be sketchy. I assume this probably refers mostly to non-Ferrari dealer used car dealers, but can anyone expand on why this reputation exists? I've searched and have some up with nothing. -

Also, I've noticed on several Northeast used 360's the history report shows them going through a Pennsylvania auto auction. Any information on why that might be?

Thanks,

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Florida and California simply have the most Ferrari's and the best driving weather.

360's are pretty inexpensive these days and the dealers don't want to deal with Ferrari buyers or sit on inventory over the winter.

Ferrari buyers are over the top before they stroke a check.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #3 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Michael
I agree with Doug. South Florida is a big Ferrari market. It's nothing to see several F cars every day. Makes sense that many used ones come out of here. Also, apart from the dealers there are dozens of high end used car boutiques in the southern part of the state

post #4 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 212
south Florida is an international destination... for fun in the sun...attracting a lot of wealth that buy exotic cars as if they were a domestic beater for their stay... they sell when they leave creating a very active market

also because of the large volume of cars being exchanged, there are many exotic resellers that can be ranked from top tier to scum, it is some of the less than honorable resellers that sell junk to the unsuspecting that can taint the image... it's no different than anywhere else except the extra zeros make for better news

Last edited by fromage; 03-09-2013 at 06:20 PM.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 196
I think there is a bit more to it than that. Florida legislation is protective of dealers, not buyers. Some cars with checkered pasts have been sold without full disclosure. It 's more caveat emptor than other states.

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS View Post
I think there is a bit more to it than that. Florida legislation is protective of dealers, not buyers. Some cars with checkered pasts have been sold without full disclosure. It 's more caveat emptor than other states.
You're on the right track.

Florida has incredibly liberal salvage laws. It's known as a "title washing" state.

Buyer beware v
post #7 of 11 Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Not to mention a seemingly endless influx of wealth. Recently there's been a Russian wave that is now competing with the locals. These guys have deeeep pockets and spend lavishly on everything.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355dreamer View Post
You're on the right track.

Florida has incredibly liberal salvage laws. It's known as a "title washing" state.

Buyer beware v
Thanks for the replies. This is what I as wondering about.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
I don't think it's fair to write off all cars for sale in Florida. I do think it merits additional scrutiny, but everybody else has said that anyway.
Look, in an ideal world, we'd all get a low-mile car for pennies on the dollar. But, that's not reality. We need to be wise about the compromises we're willing to make when spending our hard earned money. My ideal car has <10k miles and 1 owner in the Southern California sun.
Am I willing to spend $180k+ for this mythical car? Nope.
So, I have to reflect upon my own preferences and put in the homework and due diligence to protect my own money / @ss.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
any one know an independant PPI in Naples, FL area?
post #11 of 11 Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
On the other Ferrari board there was a comment made and confirmed by a second member that used Ferrari sales coming through Florida can be sketchy. I assume this probably refers mostly to non-Ferrari dealer used car dealers, but can anyone expand on why this reputation exists? I've searched and have some up with nothing. -

Also, I've noticed on several Northeast used 360's the history report shows them going through a Pennsylvania auto auction. Any information on why that might be?

Thanks,

Michael

global warming: Remember to be warry of hurricane sandy 'washed' cars too.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode