anyone know this scud? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
anyone know this scud?

odds are against me on buying a scud BUT...this sounds like a good deal if the car is sound...so here is the ad:

2008 Ferrari F430 Scuderia for Sale - 1625611 - duPontREGISTRY.com

question is: Does anyone here know anything about it's history? i emailed seller to see if i can see the service history...20K miles sounds high to me and thats most likely why the price is where it is. what would you guys offer? i'm not a "pay full sticker price" kind of guy for a used car. look fwd to your replies. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Cheng,

Link doesn't work for me...can you repost?

and the Scud would be so amazing...what i want in 2-3 years

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #3 of 17 Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

repost link

Mike,

try this...

2008 Ferrari F430 Scuderia for Sale - 1625611 - duPontREGISTRY.com

I thnk they just pulled it off their website! see how good my luck is??? i htink this might be an old ad or they recently sold it. i went to main website and not on there.

post #4 of 17 Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Owner

Nope second link still doesn't work....maybe they sold it?

sorry...seems like every car you like gets sold. don't give up...keep looking!

F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #5 of 17 Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 573
Link worked fine for me. Seems like a screaming deal. Somewhat high miles but that car is bulletproof compared to previous generation V8s. So long as it hasn't been hit or has a "story" then I say go for it!!
post #6 of 17 Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Owner

Link works now for me. Stupid work computer

Anyways that's a great price on a scud, I agree with Sandy Eggo above

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 17 Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
More miles than many comparable cars? Yes

Mileage high? Not even close IMHO.

This car would be a prime target for me if I was in the Scud market. Seller has to discount due to many lower mileage examples but 20k is laughable in terms of it being too high.
post #8 of 17 Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Modified stereo system, NO. Tech fabric interior with black stitching in headrests, NO. Severe fading on engine bay carbon fiber, NO. Black painted wheels, NO.

There are way better cars available, big NO on this car. It's cheap for a reason.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #9 of 17 Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
I agree with Mark that the car is probably cheap for a reason other than mileage. My previous comment was simply addressing the mileage issue and that I would not consider 20k as high mileage and would be a prime target if this were the only reason for the discount.
post #10 of 17 Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

no longer avail

Seller took car back from dealership. suppsoedly had change of heart and will be keeping his scud. no problemo...makes it much easier for me to keep shopping.

can someone answer this? can the scud seats be raised vertically with any of the wheels on the side of seats? i do not believe there are any power seats on the scud due to weight saving efforts. sorry to say that in the F430, i have to raise the seat a decent amount to get a comfortable view. great ffront and side visibility though! much better than in a murcielago (will prolly never buy one but had to try it on for comparison

Cheng
post #11 of 17 Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Owner

Cheng,

Didn't know a seller can "take back" a car from a dealership with change of heart? But what do I know lol!

Anyways, keep looking my friend...the perfect F car is out there for you. Plus, because it will be a while before I get my 430 or scud, I'm living vicariously through you

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #12 of 17 Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Seller took car back from dealership. suppsoedly had change of heart and will be keeping his scud. no problemo...makes it much easier for me to keep shopping.

can someone answer this? can the scud seats be raised vertically with any of the wheels on the side of seats? i do not believe there are any power seats on the scud due to weight saving efforts. sorry to say that in the F430, i have to raise the seat a decent amount to get a comfortable view. great ffront and side visibility though! much better than in a murcielago (will prolly never buy one but had to try it on for comparison

Cheng
Hi Cheng,

Here's a pic of the runners on the Scuderia, The seat cannot be raised by the wheels, but you could have custom brackets made to raise the runners.

Regards
Attached Images

post #13 of 17 Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post

Cheng
Scud seats can be raised and the rake can be changed. I did it with the help of TAZ's post. The 'problem' is you have to take the seat out of the car to do it. If you're an incompetent mechanic, like me, it takes an hour (making sure not to scratch carbon fiber). If you're a competent mechanic, it probably takes 15 minutes or less. I found it was helpful to first drive around with padding in the seat to find out how much to move it. Found I wanted the back of the seat up about 1"+ with the front still in the low position. Very happy with the seat now.
Here's the original thread:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/mo...at-height.html

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
post #14 of 17 Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

wow!

Dan,

That is great! thanks for the response! that Terry is a wealth of knowledge isn't he???
so from your ptrs, it looks like the rear of the seat can provide about 2 to 3 inches of add'l height? Could i ask how tall you are? i'm 5'6". scud is unlikely but more likely if i can fit in it! that rear end is just simply TDF!

Cheng
post #15 of 17 Old 03-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 13
Are those brackets in Terry's post US spec only?

Regards
post #16 of 17 Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 196
I better clarify a few things.

Cheng,
First, Terry is a great help and resource.
Yes, the rear of the seat can provide about 3", the front less. I found it wasn't that the seat was so very low, but rather that it was too low at the back to be comfortable and give good visibility. I'm 5' 9". Before adjustment I didn't like the seat at all, after adjustment it's great.
The Scud is a fantastic car. I started looking for an '05-'07 430, but the Scud won me over.
I always thought TDF was a Ferrari color (just kidding).

Active 75,
The photos in my original posts show the US Scud seat with holes and slots for adjustment. They require the seat be removed to get to the inside hex head bolts. I didn't know how to get the seat out. Terry posted photos of the 430 shop manual for removing the electric seats. With the shop manual photos and instructions, taking the simpler Scud seats out was a piece of cake. They're light and don't have the electrical connectors for movement (only for seat belt). So, the first set of photos with hole and slots is US Scud. Terry's post is a regular 430 seat.Adjusting the Scud seats is actually very easy.

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
post #17 of 17 Old 03-09-2013, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

seaet angle

Yes Dan. i can tell from ptrs of the scud seats that the angle would not work with my height. However, wth your post, there may be hope. if a scud drops in my price range (one almost did-see other post), i should not rule it out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode