Jakes motorcars anyone??? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Jakes motorcars anyone???

Anyone dealt with or have opinions to share on these guys? car interested in is listed below:

Jake's Motorcars | Pre-owned Dealer | San Diego, California

feel free to PM me if you dont want made public. i appreciate anything you can offer!

For those who know my perfect car, i have come to realize that it may not be worth the premium for a 6 sp stick anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Anyone dealt with or have opinions to share on these guys? car interested in is listed below:

Jake's Motorcars | Pre-owned Dealer | San Diego, California

feel free to PM me if you dont want made public. i appreciate anything you can offer!

For those who know my perfect car, i have come to realize that it may not be worth the premium for a 6 sp stick anymore.
Cheng,

I've never dealt with them personally, but they have a very nice collection of cars.

Feel fre to PM me if you want

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #3 of 15 Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 573
They are a stand-up organization with a solid reputation. I've been there personally to look at some of their cars but never bought or sold. As always though, do your homework, get a PPI and drive a hard bargain.

post #4 of 15 Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Buy it

Just kidding. No data but cheering you on. Are the roads clear in MN?

That one looks very nice.
Now lets see if i can buy it first .......

ScottS

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #5 of 15 Old 03-02-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks scott

Someone has a downpayment on it but from the conversation with the sales rep, deal may fall through. not sure if that is a good sign or not. supposedly the buyer might have diffculty with the funding. we'll see. once i turned on the green light for F1, these cars are much more abundant so i don't get too bummed anymore. SOOoo, Scott can buy as many of these as ya wants! BTW aren't you running out of room yet in your garages???
post #6 of 15 Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Owner

Ran out

I have cars at the hospital. People get curious. Btw that spider is till at POTML. It is a steal.

Cheng Im pullin' for ya.

Scott

2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #7 of 15 Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

scott....

Scott,

spyder is not for me. i really like the way the coupe looks better vs the spyder when top up. However, the top down experience must be just phenomenal!

I'm gunning for the Jakes car but will only get the opp if the current buyer backs out. so if he/she is on here, do let me know via PM if you are bailing so i can get my ducks in a row with PPI.

Like my daddy says, "money burnin a hole in your pocket there sonny???" well...kind of...getting tired of shoppin...ready for some drivin....Snow is melting!!!!
post #8 of 15 Old 03-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Owner

Agree

For me, no one needs to see ME from the outside. That would ruin it.

good luck

ScottS

post #9 of 15 Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
I have no experience with them but have noticed recently that they get some great cars (visually that is)
post #10 of 15 Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Mine just went up on lambo's site from my R8 trade in

Used 2005 Ferrari 430 For Sale in Dallas, TX | VIN: ZFFEW59A350142722

They gave me 119 trade in credit so not much wiggle room with pricing. It IS under warranty and meticulously serviced.

F430, 458 Challenge, Ford GT, Gallardo, C63 Black,
post #11 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCCHRIS View Post
Mine just went up on lambo's site from my R8 trade in

Used 2005 Ferrari 430 For Sale in Dallas, TX | VIN: ZFFEW59A350142722

They gave me 119 trade in credit so not much wiggle room with pricing. It IS under warranty and meticulously serviced.
Chris,
I SAW this car recently posted! She's a beauty. Thanks for the intel you've shared. All I can say is "wow!" Cheng will never buy it because it's a spider, but man, I'd love to get behind the wheel. Again, thank you for sharing - a lot of people who trade their cars in would NEVER publicly disclose the trade in price unsolicited. Good for you!!!
It is definitely on my radar. Who knows - it might end up with me, and knowing I have access to a previous owner is worth a lot!
5 Previous owners - how long did you have it, and how many miles in your term? Was it 4 months an 2k miles? Any previous paint / body work? Thanks again man.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveM5 View Post
Chris,
Again, thank you for sharing - a lot of people who trade their cars in would NEVER publicly disclose the trade in price unsolicited. Good for you!!!
I have to agree here. It seems that in these communities many of the cars are on somewhat of an exchange program; passing among members of the community. There are always a lot of "is this a fair price" type posts here. Although when your in the $100k+ price range for a car, a couple thousand this way or that shouldn't really matter, what I think most buyers just want to know is whether the seller is trying to make a killing on them.

In this case I would only consider a token negotiation because a 10k markup on a car that could potentially sit for a year seems fair to me regardless of where that price falls in the overall 430 Spider price range. Kind of wish I was in the market for a 430 Spider
post #13 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveM5 View Post
Chris,
I SAW this car recently posted! She's a beauty. Thanks for the intel you've shared. All I can say is "wow!" Cheng will never buy it because it's a spider, but man, I'd love to get behind the wheel. Again, thank you for sharing - a lot of people who trade their cars in would NEVER publicly disclose the trade in price unsolicited. Good for you!!!
It is definitely on my radar. Who knows - it might end up with me, and knowing I have access to a previous owner is worth a lot!
5 Previous owners - how long did you have it, and how many miles in your term? Was it 4 months an 2k miles? Any previous paint / body work? Thanks again man.

Completely clear, no body work at all. I purchased it as 12,000 miles and put the 8,500 miles on it since I want to say October?

The front bumper is scraped up from rocks etc, but hell its a F430 that was daily driven! Other than that NO cosmetic damage.

They gave me 120.5 (119 +1.5K they paid for shipping of the car out to Dallas) trade in value, so there isn't much room for negotiation.

As far as the five previous owners this has baffled me actually. The car was ordered through beverly hills ferrari and then the owner moved to scottsdale AZ. All the service records were very recent till the point where I got the car and ALL had his name on them. So its me and him... I have NO clue who the other 3 owners are. I honestly thought it was a carfax error.

If you do go the route of this vehicle, contact me (PM me for my facebook or phone number, having some health issues so not active on the forum like usual). I am sure if I call Mike and tell him a close friend wants the car that your going to get the car pretty much at price. They care more about repeat business than maximizing profits on buys like this.

post #14 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCCHRIS View Post
I honestly thought it was a carfax error.

If you do go the route of this vehicle, contact me (PM me for my facebook or phone number, having some health issues so not active on the forum like usual). I am sure if I call Mike and tell him a close friend wants the car that your going to get the car pretty much at price. They care more about repeat business than maximizing profits on buys like this.
Carfax has been known to make errors before. My 2006 M5 apparently has 2 owners. Both of them are me - I've had the car since new. Go figure - they're an ad company, not an intelligence company.

Your generosity is amazing, and I'll definitely keep this in mind. Thank you very much.
post #15 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Owner

No problem bud, shes a great car just want her to have a loving home!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode