Red/Tan 360 Spider F1 - Decent Price eBay? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Red/Tan 360 Spider F1 - Decent Price eBay?

Hey Fellas,

Thought I'd throw this recent transaction (listing has ended, apparently resulting in a sale) out there for the group's comments:

Ferrari : 360 Spider Convertible 2-Door in Ferrari | eBay Motors

Brief Summary:
2002 Red/Tan 360 Spider F1, 3 Previous Owners, "Fully Documented," and highly optioned.
Don't know anything else about the condition of the car, or the most recent services. Seller says "recent clutch and belt" service.
The ultimate selling price (if, in fact this was a legitimate auction), was $80,400. I guess I would pay that for this car if the PPI checks out. Often times, with the nature of these auctions, the PPI isn't really workable. I don't think I'd pay $80,400 for the car without a PPI - it's a little too risky for me. Also, seller has zero feedback, which would make me a little bit wary.
Anyway, as I continue my quest for this car, I'm curious as to what your take is on the car and the selling price. Of course, PPI aside. Please don't post the obvious "Make sure you get a good PPI" line, I've seen that a million times now.

Thanks gents.
Raj

PS: The point of the thread is to reinforce to ME that it is possible to get a decent Red/Tan 360 Spider F1 for a lot less than $100k. Obviously, we don't know if a PPI was done and if that revealed anything. Thanks again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
That's a decent price, and yes you can get a 360 spider for less than $100k. Guess you want red, tan.. But was about to say a lot of other colors that are in the $70-80k out there with decent miles.

What sites are you looking at....I'm assuming besides eBay, like cars.com, car gurus (my personal fav), and autotrader?

Good luck in the search

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #3 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gransport Guy View Post
What sites are you looking at....I'm assuming besides eBay, like cars.com, car gurus (my personal fav), and autotrader?
All of those, plus DuPont Registry and Cars.com. Occasionally, I'll ping a few Ferrari dealer websites, but honestly, the data infrastructure for used Ferrari cars through the F-dealer network sucks. And that's being nice...

post #4 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveM5 View Post
All of those, plus DuPont Registry and Cars.com. Occasionally, I'll ping a few Ferrari dealer websites, but honestly, the data infrastructure for used Ferrari cars through the F-dealer network sucks. And that's being nice...
Cool. I agree about the F-car dealer network...

Have you looked at the Ferrari website, and their certified program? Prices are higher but they are certified by Ferrari...which always carry a premium

F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #5 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Cool. I agree about the F-car dealer network...

Have you looked at the Ferrari website, and their certified program? Prices are higher but they are certified by Ferrari...which always carry a premium
Yes, and every time I have used that tool, 0 (ZERO) results are returned. It sucks just like the rest of the Ferrari-Approved used car resources!!!
post #6 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Owner

Quote:
Yes, and every time I have used that tool, 0 (ZERO) results are returned. It sucks just like the rest of the Ferrari-Approved used car resources!!!
Really? When I was searching for the 360, they had around 20-30 hits....

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Really? When I was searching for the 360, they had around 20-30 hits....
Ok, just ran it and got 16 results. Most of these cars are already on Autotrader. So, looks like the results are duplicates... Oh well...
post #8 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Owner

Quote:
Ok, just ran it and got 16 results. Most of these cars are already on Autotrader. So, looks like the results are duplicates... Oh well...
They are duplicates, but now you know which ones from autotrader are Ferrari approved, if that matters to you.

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #9 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Great price on a 2002. I sold my 2001 with 8500 miles, equipped the same with recent cambelt change for 78k, but it was Silver and modular wheels.

I saw 8500k mile 2004's for low 90's 2 years ago. I would not pay more than 90k for a mint 2004 loaded.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #10 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
I saw 8500k mile 2004's for low 90's 2 years ago. I would not pay more than 90k for a mint 2004 loaded.
Thanks! Unfortunately, to your last point, it seems like folks with "mint" 2004 cars are currently asking upper $90's (like ninety-nines) to low one-hundreds.

The dealers are in the six figures, the private sellers are asking in the nineties.

Again, the caveats with the car linked in my original post are PPI results and whether or not this was a legitimate sale. The former being more of an unknown that the apparent latter. Just for the purposes of full-disclosure...
post #11 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Thanks! Unfortunately, to your last point, it seems like folks with "mint" 2004 cars are currently asking upper $90's (like ninety-nines) to low one-hundreds.

The dealers are in the six figures, the private sellers are asking in the nineties.

Again, the caveats with the car linked in my original post are PPI results and whether or not this was a legitimate sale. The former being more of an unknown that the apparent latter. Just for the purposes of full-disclosure...
Well the Dealers can ask whatever they want, doesn't mean they will sell. End of summer is another good time to buy. These cars are not appreciating. You are always going to pay more at a Dealer, nothing wrong with buying from a private party you know, or can get good referrals on, and then get it checked out.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #12 of 13 Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Raj

Raj,

I think if the PPI checked out, thats a great price. The car looks to be in really nice condition given the few ptrs that were posted. I'd be concerned about why seller did not post more. Most of the nicer ad show at least 15 to 30 pictures to kind of let us know that they have a nice product. I'd be more reserved on that car. However, if i would have really wanted that car, i would have contacted the seller to see about a PPI IF i had the winning bid.
I'd even pay him the 500.00 downpaymnt to hold the car which i often see with the Ebay ads.
post #13 of 13 Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Raj,

I think if the PPI checked out, thats a great price. The car looks to be in really nice condition given the few ptrs that were posted. I'd be concerned about why seller did not post more. Most of the nicer ad show at least 15 to 30 pictures to kind of let us know that they have a nice product. I'd be more reserved on that car. However, if i would have really wanted that car, i would have contacted the seller to see about a PPI IF i had the winning bid.
I'd even pay him the 500.00 downpaymnt to hold the car which i often see with the Ebay ads.
Thanks dude. Everything posted so far seems to be in agreement: "Yeah, the price is nice, but we all need more information." I'm of the same opinion. A decent PPI would be essential before I put down any "real" money though. I've never bought a car off of Ebay, and likely if I were serious about this particular one, I would contact the seller to arrange a transaction outside of the auction.
But, that would need to somehow factor in the PPI. Personally, I feel it is "easier" to arrange these transactions outside of the auction scenario because there is a lot less time pressure, and also you can develop a relationship with the seller. If the car checked out, it was a good deal...
I don't know if/how the ultimate winner of the auction arranged the PPI, if indeed the final deal was contingent upon such.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode