feedback on this dealer and car please - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
feedback on this dealer and car please

Fellas,

Oh what to do? appreciate any thoughts on car below. although not red, silver has that hi-tech and muscular look to it. not to mention the rear challenge grill is TDF in the F430.
Anyone deal with these guys? car of interst is below. not red but sure looks purty except calipers could be red. not too bad of a price considering the inventory i have been looking at for a 6 sp 2007 or newer.

Certified 2007 FERRARI 430 COUPE MANUAL 2dr Cpe Berlinetta P74122A|Norwood MA

Raj, i dare you to buy it before me! j/k i know its not a 360.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Cheng- Very pretty and nice spec. Argento Nurburgring and Nero are a nice combinaion. FNE has a good reputation and you may be able to get them to throw in a year's power warranty, not that you would likely need it.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Nice car.

Would like to see the door date - weren't ceramics standard in 07.

My 612 has a sept 06 date - saw a lot of dealers advertise their similar date was an 07.

I couldn't / wouldn't do that - but ...

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

post #4 of 13 Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

CCB's

CCBs became std in '08 on the F430. I agree guys: this car is pretty. It also may not draw as much attention as my highly sought after red F430.

I wonder on cost of new brake calipers in giallo modena or repainting the silver ones...i originally thought red calipers but not on this color combo. the giallo modena would match better with the scud badges.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
I am brand new to this site having purchased an F430 within the last few weeks. I traded my 09 R8 to FONE. I bought the car sight unseen which I had never done before and with mixed emotions. I placed by trust in FONE. Imagine trusting a car dealer. In this instance it was the right time to place my faith in the representations of a car salesman. The sales manager Jesse was extremely professional, courteous and responsive . I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend FONE to any prospective Ferrari owner. Good luck Cheng in your quest.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
CCBs became std in '08 on the F430. I agree guys: this car is pretty. It also may not draw as much attention as my highly sought after red F430.

I wonder on cost of new brake calipers in giallo modena or repainting the silver ones...i originally thought red calipers but not on this color combo. the giallo modena would match better with the scud badges.
Poor memory - you are correct on the CCB's but it will draw plenty of attention

Agree with yellow or possibly black calipers.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #7 of 13 Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Raj, i dare you to buy it before me! j/k i know its not a 360.
Cheng,

That's a very pretty lady. Save for the black streaks on the paint under the exhaust tips, she shows almost "NEW." It also appears to have CF air boxes - was that standard or an upgrade? I also like the rear grille.

I've also heard excellent recent references for FoNE. Some people complain that their asking prices are high, but they also have a good reputation which justifies a *little* bit of price padding.

If you want a lower-key character car, I think you've found it. If it has to be RED, then keep looking. But, this is a very nice example of the F430. Good luck, let us know what happens!!! You've got to beat them up real good on the price, I personally think it is high.

Don't worry - you're safe from me on this one!
post #8 of 13 Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
I happen to have a 6-speed 360 in the same exterior color

It looks fantastic and manual 6-speeds in 360/430 are uncommon and desirable IMHO

FNE has a good reputation from what I've read here and on other boards

Good-luck with the purchase!
post #9 of 13 Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Looks like a great car to your requirements Cheng! FoNE has undergone a nice transformation over the past couple years and feedback has been excellent. I would have purchased/sourced our 360 purchase out of FoNE if they had a practice of selling 1st generation coupes (we're high maintenance and can't blame them - my wife will certainly agree).

IMO an added advantage to purchasing from this dealership besides the obvious customer service as already noted in this thread and new mechanics on staff; 1)they don't have a practice in letting their cars bake in the sun like many of the southern state dealerships which lead to shrinking dashes & sticky parts - the weather assists with this behavior too and 2)you have several independent shops that are arguably some of the best in the nation not far from Norwood for your independent PPI (PM me for a referral if you get to that step).

I'd love to see you in this car and being local to the region welcome the opportunity to assist with the visual inspection once you have a verbal agreement. Norwood recently got a decent rain to wash some of the salt away so if you're visiting soon a test drive shouldn't be an issue.

Good luck!

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #10 of 13 Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Cheng
Beautiful looking silver F430, in fact in reading through your posts here and on f-chat, it seems like we're on a similar quest for the right ferrari. This silver one is nearly perfect for me except for the challenge grill. I strongly considered this car anyway, and even contacted the seller about the possibility of changing to the standard grill but apparently that involves an entire bumper swap out. In the end I decided to wait until I find the right one.

Good luck with your search and be patient, the right one will come.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

welcome

M3doc,

welcome to Flife. Yes...i'm hooked on these 2 forums. i dont know too many people around me who would enjoy discussing these types of cars. After my wife and i looked at some red F430's, we ruled out this silver one. I do like the rear CF grill and thats what is making this search even harder. I decided that i am willing to give up a thing or 2. one being the CF grill and CCB's. THe color i dont think i can live with myself. that being said, if this car was red, i'd take it in a heartbeat at close to if not full asking price. I'm not sure why it has not sold yet.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 10:43 PM

Ironically, I think that the reason why this car hasn't sold yet is because of the thing I like about it the most, the silver color. I think red would have been gone in a heartbeat. The 6 speeds are so hard to find. Who knows.... if it stays on the market long enough it may go down to a price where I won't mind the challenge grill so much.
post #13 of 13 Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 PM

blunart......pm sent

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode