opinion on F430 in houston - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-18-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
opinion on F430 in houston

2007 Ferrari F430 F1/Ceramic/Daytona Seats/Parking Sensors | Houston, Texas | Motorwerks Carline

I said i woudn't do it Mike but here is another car for you to buy b4 i get out there. j/k.
if it sells, it was not meant for me. Anyhow, another possible in my quest for a 430. any feedback out there on the dealership or a nearby place to do the PPI. My current strategy is this: since i am already fine with the asking price, i need to locate a place for the PPI that i would trust, i look at an insane number of ptrs of the car, decide its the one, fly out, test drive, check out car myself, get PPI done, then make offer with check in hand. any other ways to do it? My other way is agree on price, get PPI done, THEN fly out and test drive. how else to do it?

BTW pictures on sellers website are not up to my standards. paint looks funny. notice in one ptr of drivers seat, the Ferrari stamp on the lower door frame looks all distorted. bad ptr or bad repair? thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-18-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Bbb

just did a BBB search and nothing there but they are listed as a repair shop. this might answer the question RE the funny looking door frame panel. could be sign to run away from this one.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,191
Mark Darragh @ Sphere Motorsports is your man for a PPI, or possibly to learn more about the car if it was a local. Mark's shop is as good as it gets here in Houston for an independent PPI.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member

post #4 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
If I were you, and this were the car for me, I'd agree on a selling price, but make it CONTINGENT upon passing the PPI, and that any cost-items generated from the PPI are subject to further negotiation. Personally, I would not fly out to see a car I'm considering buying prior to reviewing a thorough PPI report.
Good luck.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
I said i woudn't do it Mike but here is another car for you to buy b4 i get out there. j/k.
Sorry, I am out of storage space for all the cars I had to buy so this one is all yours.

Quote:
BTW pictures on sellers website are not up to my standards. paint looks funny. notice in one ptr of drivers seat, the Ferrari stamp on the lower door frame looks all distorted. bad ptr or bad repair? thoughts?
nice car...the distortion makes perfect sense, the car is in Texas and it gets hot in Texas, the aluminum frame just warped a little due to heat, no big deal just slightly less ground clearance in the center of the car now.

In all seriousness: I like this car and the price, only 5 shopping days left, you better hurry. What a great xmas present this would be, a Ferrari under the tree. Best I have had under the tree was a Ducati. Get a PPI if you are worried about a bad repair (but I really think its just a poor picture) and then fly down and drive it home, take a few days to drive it home and really love the drive. My only concern on this car if its really a repair shop, too many mechanics think that since they can work on a Chevy they can work on a Ferrari and that is not always the case, they could have fixed something and actually made it worse so I would ask why they have the car but it would not stop me, just make look into it.

P.S. ok, the Duc was not really under the tree since we only have a 8ft. ceiling, but next to the tree and yes in the living room. The bike arrived to the dealer a few days early and my wife paid the dealer $500 to keep it quiet and for evening of Dec. 24 delivery into the living room while we were out for xmas dinner at my mothers

Last edited by mikeyr; 12-19-2012 at 08:08 AM.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Quote:
2007 Ferrari F430 F1/Ceramic/Daytona Seats/Parking Sensors | Houston, Texas | Motorwerks Carline

if it sells, it was not meant for me. Anyhow, another possible in my quest for a 430. any feedback out there on the dealership or a nearby place to do the PPI. My current strategy is this: since i am already fine with the asking price, i need to locate a place for the PPI that i would trust, i look at an insane number of ptrs of the car, decide its the one, fly out, test drive, check out car myself, get PPI done, then make offer with check in hand. any other ways to do it? My other way is agree on price, get PPI done, THEN fly out and test drive. how else to do it?

Cheng:

I love it...... Is the carfax clean? Me- I would get the PPI then go out with my check and buy it. Please don't forget tittle insurance....

It tick all the boxes. Good luck

Scott

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #7 of 9 Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Amazing find and priced very competitively...

F430, 458 Challenge, Ford GT, Gallardo, C63 Black,
post #8 of 9 Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

checking out an F430?

Could you believe a prospective buyer was able to bring this car home and keep it for a short time to see if it would work out? a fellow F-lifer was going to go take a look at this car to give me feedback but the car went home with someone. Anyhow, it apparently did not work out and car is stll avail. I'm keeping an eye on it still hoping a 6 sp manual will pop up!
post #9 of 9 Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Could you believe a prospective buyer was able to bring this car home and keep it for a short time to see if it would work out? a fellow F-lifer was going to go take a look at this car to give me feedback but the car went home with someone. Anyhow, it apparently did not work out and car is stll avail. I'm keeping an eye on it still hoping a 6 sp manual will pop up!
I guess it's not that unusual, maybe the prospective buyer had a strong previous relationship with the seller. If not, then I would say that this dealer is doing their customers a service, and would in fact praise their methods! Too bad they didn't have it when your contact went to check.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode