Ferrari Maserati of Washington experience - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Ferrari Maserati of Washington experience

Guys,

anyone here dealt with Ferrari of Washington? need to know if they are an honest outfit and treated you all well with your purchases. so far my discussions with my sales person have been the best yet. Believe me, i have spoken to many reps in the past 2 months. Hence, anything you can tell me about this company would be most welcome. i checked BBB and nothing there. no news is good news?

I am no longer posting about specific cars i am interested in because i think someone is buying everything i am about to buy! (half joking) last couple were bought out from under me! I know...i know...Not meant to be i guess. we'll see about this one.

Cheng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,191
Cheng, I purchased my 550 Maranello from them in October of 2010. The deal started off poorly with the salesman trying to blow me off since I didn't want to pay his asking price for an overpriced car which was in perhaps 7/10 condition.

Had a very thorough PPI done by Josh Hill @ ECS, and I began dealing with the general manager of the dealership, and the situation quickly turned around. With the data from the PPI, I was able to get the car at my original offering price.

There were lots of "little" faults with my car and one or two biggies that needed tending to, which Josh did after the sale. I won't say that FoW hid these faults, but neither will I say they were unaware of them, since the car had been serviced there most of its life.

I'd buy another car from them, but I'd have it thoroughly inspected again. Highly recommend you use Josh for any PPI in that area - his shop happens to be 5 minutes from FoW.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #3 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,314
I dealt with them in looking for out QP. Jason Parker was our sales rep and he was very profesional and generous. Although we ultimately did not buy the car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from him.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
I know nothing of the sales department but before spending a dime in service call me.

925-552-9700
post #5 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Guys,

anyone here dealt with Ferrari of Washington? need to know if they are an honest outfit and treated you all well with your purchases. so far my discussions with my sales person have been the best yet. Believe me, i have spoken to many reps in the past 2 months. Hence, anything you can tell me about this company would be most welcome. i checked BBB and nothing there. no news is good news?

I am no longer posting about specific cars i am interested in because i think someone is buying everything i am about to buy! (half joking) last couple were bought out from under me! I know...i know...Not meant to be i guess. we'll see about this one.

Cheng
Sales is sales, it all depends on how clean the car is and how hard they have to try to get it off the floor. I do a lot of PPI's for cars selling out of FoW, most guys get the deal they were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
I dealt with them in looking for out QP. Jason Parker was our sales rep and he was very profesional and generous. Although we ultimately did not buy the car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from him.
I believe Jason Parker was at the new Maserati dealer in Maryland, Criswell as opposed to Maserati of Washington?

post #6 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,314
Josh, You are correct, Jason is now at Criswell.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #7 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I would imagine buying from them would be like buying from anyone. watch your back. if you come to an agreement on a car, ship it out to our sponsors nearby to have it thoroughly checked out. If you get the car you want, at the price you want and it checks out, who cares where you buy it? No doubt many will say they are great and some will say they suck. i can pretty much confirm that their service dept sucks though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Quote:
I am no longer posting about specific cars i am interested in because i think someone is buying everything i am about to buy! (half joking) last couple were bought out from under me!
Good, because it was getting expensive buying them all and the storage fees are killing me

Like I mentioned some time ago, market priced cars you can take your time, good deals you have to jump on. After a while, you will know the good deals.
post #9 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
Good, because it was getting expensive buying them all and the storage fees are killing me

Like I mentioned some time ago, market priced cars you can take your time, good deals you have to jump on. After a while, you will know the good deals.

yes, but DO take your time anyway....even good cars can be had [apparently] in time.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #10 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
I have purchased two cars from FOW .. THey were both new cars a Ferrari and one was a new Maserati . I live 200 miles from them so I cannot really drive by and check on service so I reserve my comments on that. I plan to order a new california in the next couple of weeks I expect good service. If you are buying a new car they are fine if it is a used car they have some great consignments and generally want all they can get but who doesn't . they are mostly consignments from cars sold.
Regarding people buying the cars you are looking at I have purchased several older ferraris and I found the same thing a great ferrari at a fair price will sell quick...
I had a 550 i planned to buy from a Fcar dealer in california the night before I was to fly 3000 miles to see the car they sold it to someone else and I was paying over market for a great car and we had a deal no deposit .. Just glad I called to confirm would have been a shame to fly 3000 miles there and same amount back to look at a sold car.
post #11 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Not a very good experience in buying my 16M. Car was not very clean inside. Had some exterior cosmetic issues that I had to fix out of my wallet. Car came with bald tires, got a discount for the tires, but then they added about $800 in fees for an out of state transaction. Was lied to about headlight condensation / mold, and had to call Ferrari of North America to get them to reimburse me for what it cost me to fix.

If you are looking at a car there, I would most definitely fly out and see it before buying.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #12 of 18 Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Key piece right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRYH View Post
If you are buying a new car they are fine if it is a used car they have some great consignments and generally want all they can get but who doesn't . they are mostly consignments from cars sold.
Regarding people buying the cars you are looking at I have purchased several older ferraris and I found the same thing a great ferrari at a fair price will sell quick... .
I don't know about others but when shopping consigned cars, the dealer is more restrained. And less motivated. There is no floor plan cost. There is the consignment commission. They don't want to offend their customer and instead let time do that for them until the owner gets realistic or flexible. When I was a surgical resident I tried my damnest to buy a Porsche 928 from foreign cars italia in Greensboro. I was price constrained ( 10k). I made a real offer at maker value for a consigned car. The owner said no and the car sat for a year before selling for less than my offer. I never forgot that lesson.

I'm not sure the dealer vets the consigned cars the same way as trade in becAuse the downside risk is different- but I may be wrong. That's where certified is good. Personally I would ask whether the car of interest is consigned.

Dealers are dealers as suggested. They try to make money. Period.
There are good deals fair deals and bargains.
Price sensitive or constrained buyers are at a disadvantage. I mean if you cannot go above a price point by going thru a dealer ,and a Ferrari dealer at that, they are less motivated to sacrifice e on price.
My suggestion is if you like the car, go check it out as suggested. They will see you are a buyer not a shopper. Put a deposit the. Get it the ppi as suggested. The buy car. You can structure the deal contingent on ppi. You can negotiate a service and other noncash items that add value to you.

The thing is sometimes deals can be found but they go fast when they're obvious to all. But good deals can still be had, they require more work. I mean no sales guy rolls over at hello.

All I can say is when you buy, I want a whole lot of pictures.

Scott

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1

Last edited by scotts; 12-13-2012 at 07:27 PM.
post #13 of 18 Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

thanks everyone.

I looked at over 200 ptrs of the possible F430 from FoW. The car looked pretty clean from pictures but just did not have enough bells and whistles for the price. I am glad to hear all the comments though as i swore my sales person was excellent. I was almost convinced to buy w/o a PPI as FoW had just performed the Ferrari 101 pt inspection and compression test. I'd consider working with the same sales person, Daniel, again if they had the right car.
post #14 of 18 Old 12-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,191
Quote:
I was almost convinced to buy w/o a PPI as FoW had just performed the Ferrari 101 pt inspection and compression test. I'd consider working with the same sales person, Daniel, again if they had the right car.
Cheng, I would take any PPI or inspection performed by the seller (dealer or otherwise) with a grain of salt and do my own. No seller is going to give you unfavorable news about his car. OK, he'll probably "give" you something minor to take away if only to convince you that it's a fair and objective PPI, but likely as not, something much more major will not be reported.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #15 of 18 Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

good point

Cribb,

ya got a good point there. going to keep shopping. all this looking and asking questions really helps to narrow down options. some great advice indeed in this here forum. One line i rec'd from a dealer was, "the car only has 5000 miles! it's a brand new spanking car! why would you want a compression test as part of the PPI?" any thoughts there with the compression test? would you include that in your inspection?
post #16 of 18 Old 08-24-2014, 08:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
I know this is a thread bump, but it's the first thing to pop up in Google search.

It pains me to see what has become of FoW. All mighty $ over customer service.

I was with FoW when they were at their old Sterling location, moved them into their current location.

Things were definitely better back then. I remember when we got our first Enzo, also sunk a lot into our race team.

Left right before we got the Lamborghini license.

Reading reviews on Web like this is truly sad.
post #17 of 18 Old 08-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
When you lose your longtime owners and all your good salesman and mechanics you have a situation.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #18 of 18 Old 08-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
Don't get me started on the total screwup with my TR

Thankfully, Richard sorted it out and prevented the car from burning to the ground (fuel hose related)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode