Algar Ferrari in PA- feedback - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Algar Ferrari in PA- feedback

I am looking for feedback about these guys. They are an authorized Ferrari dealer so i would be holding them to higher standards with regards to inventory and service.
I am hoping those of you who have dealt with them can provide some insight and feeedback with their sales staff and or service department. So far the car i am looking at supposedly is "perfect". i heard that too many times now.

Cheng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
I have no personal experience but have seen comments very positive and some leaning to the negative. I don't recall the specific issue's. Try the search function, maybe it was here.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 12-10-2012 at 05:08 AM.
post #3 of 22 Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 961
I've been doing business with Algar for 30 years. A great Dealer with the best inventory I have ever dealt with. Although I've had no dealings with the sales staff, the parts and service departments are some of the best in the World. No disappointments, ever!

David

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**

post #4 of 22 Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Too slow on the draw guys. I was going to put my downpayment in this morning and someone beat me to it over weekend on the 430 at Algar. Back to searching again. Do some of us just simply ask too many questions??? Took me 5 days of back and forth questions and answers and emails including weekend. The guy who bought it was local i think. No fair for those who must travel.
post #5 of 22 Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Algarq

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Too slow on the draw guys. I was going to put my downpayment in this morning and someone beat me to it over weekend on the 430 at Algar. Back to searching again. Do some of us just simply ask too many questions??? Took me 5 days of back and forth questions and answers and emails including weekend. The guy who bought it was local i think. No fair for those who must travel.
Cheng

My friend - i am sorry you missed out. My partner and I have been customers of Algar for years. I would have put you in touch with Francis and vouched for them, even with the change in management.

You'll get your car. Its a process

Scott

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #6 of 22 Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Never too many questions! From all i have heard, algar is one of the few good ones. I wouldn't have any hesitation dealing with them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 22 Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Toggie on here bought his 550 from them..... the previous owner of that car has a long standing relationship with them also. Seemed to be a well represented deal. They were very cordial the last time I dropped in to visit them.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #8 of 22 Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
Algar performed a PPI on my 360 back in April that I bought in a private sale. They weren't the exclusive maintainer of the vehicle but were familiar with it. I was quite pleased with their thoroughness (without me having to press them), knowledge, and (wait for it), hospitality. During my search over the years I have encountered a few "if you're not buying something, get the f*&^ out" attitudes, and I didn't feel that at all here even though I had no history with them.

I've since had my 360 back to Algar to have the 360 racing style exhaust installed. I always have a million questions and Ryan in the service department is ALWAYS quick to answer my emails and provide whatever information I require.

Although I had my annual service performed at an independent this year I will be sending it to Algar next year.

They also claim to have four Ferrari Master Technicians on staff which is supposedly rare. I admittedly don't know if this is significant or not, but is something they have that other don't. I wonder if any of the mechanics out there can chime in on the significance of being a "Ferrari Master Technician" and having four of them on staff.

Bottom line, I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I've talked to quite a few folks at local gatherings and haven't heard anyone with a bona fide bad experience. It's a service industry and you can;t please everyone so I'm sure there's someone out there with a bad experience, but I think they have about as good a reputation as you're going to get from a Ferrari dealership.
post #9 of 22 Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
I've only ever bought parts from them but they've always been great to deal with.
post #10 of 22 Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

thanks

Thanks guys. It means a lot to have opinions from those who have actually dealt with certain sellers. I will not hesitate next time a possible car is for sale at Algar.
post #11 of 22 Old 04-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 16

Had a terrible experience with Algar and got hollered at on this forum for voicing my opinion . The reason I am back is because I was next to a 512 at a red light with Algar dealers plates. I was rolling in line driving about 20mph and when I looked inside the speedo was on zero and the tach was just fine. He was on his way to the shore which is about 70 miles from home....go figure. At least someone else is getting screwed this time.
post #12 of 22 Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Hey there... i've noticed after many months of searching that algar's prices are higher than most. other than that no personal experiece. sorry you had one though. feel free to PM me your experience....
post #13 of 22 Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,849
Common, unfortunately, for cars with non-tamperproof speedometers. In the 70s and 80s was very common on Daytonas and Dinos, especially the former.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #14 of 22 Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
no doubt customers have felt screwed, and may have been, in algars what, 50 years in biz? I think all experiences are welcomed, but when the vast majority are positive, that seems unusual for any dealer, specially a ferrari dealer. YMMV. In any event, caution should be exercised no matter who you are dealing with.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #15 of 22 Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 60
Algar is a solid, easy to do business with organization!
post #16 of 22 Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Mike at Algar (service manager) has been a big help to me!
post #17 of 22 Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
mike and crew are great. having worked on the other side of dealership service they are top notch

David
post #18 of 22 Old 05-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Another thumbs up for Algar, Mike the service manager and Francis the sales Manager.
This is a top notch dealership..its more like a small boutique shop with great personable customer service.
They do all my service work on my 575 and its always a nice experience with reasonable rates.
I know I am late to the party with this post but if the OP is stil looking for a 430 they have one there specifically that I know is as perfect as it gets. 1 owner local car owned by a fanatic.
post #19 of 22 Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Ferris

Hi Ferris,

Op still here. did you mean this one:

New Ferrari Vehicles Vehicles at Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia's Unique Showroom in Rosemont on the Main Line

if so, i think that one looks fantastic! i love the rear CF grill. However, i think the asking price is a little high. The low miles is probly why the dealer is asking what they are. However, i'm in the school of thought where the car needs to be driven. i've looked at a lot of service records for the F430 during my shopping expereince and have found lots of items that needed to be addressed by every single possible F430 that i looked at. With 2900 miles, i think that service history might be real short. my offer would be in the mid to upper 130's so i can pay the extra $$$ for the power warranty to cover issues inthe coming 12 months. I would then do a cross country drive from MN to Cal and back. I would also make a purpose of resting close to F dealers so they can take care of any hiccups in this car that might arise.

BTW, to sell (not list) at153K, i would expect contrast stitching, CCB's and fr and rr parking sensors and an '08 model year. i'd split price of Power warranty with dealer on top of 153K with all those options!
post #20 of 22 Old 06-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Yes thats the one.
Even if its out of your price range I woud still call Francis and inquire about it.
They are constantly getting cars in there that never make it to the website

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode