Which Ferrari should I choose? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Which Ferrari should I choose?

Hey everyone, I'm new here but I've kinda been reading bits of this forum for the past few days.

Anyway... Long story short; my 18th birthday is in a few weeks and as a present my mother said she would buy me any car I wanted. And I'm pretty set on getting a Ferrari this time. The only problem is that I don't know much at all about them.

I'm mainly just looking for something that is aesthetically pretty, is reliable / easy to maintain and comfortable to drive. Obviously I'm not going to be racing it or anything like that - so engine specifics don't interest me.

Sooo, would the F360 Spider be a good choice considering the above? Or do you guys have a better suggestion?
Also, how would the F360 compare to my two currently owned vehicles (Mercedes-Benz SLK, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1) in terms of drive-ability and comfortable seating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,851
Ludmilla- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Might as well go for a 458 Spider. Can replace the Mercedes and the ZR1 and do everything they do better.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
"so engine specifics don't interest me. " Enzo rolls over.......

May i suggest a lime green gallardo? very pretty.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ed- Yup, and nothing easier to maintain than a Ferrari, eh?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Ludmilla- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Might as well go for a 458 Spider. Can replace the Mercedes and the ZR1 and do everything they do better.
Thanks for the welcome.

I looked up the 458 and it seems to have a nicer looking front than the 360, but what attracted me to the 360 was the pretty glass 'hood' over the engine. Hmmmm.

"Ed- Yup, and nothing easier to maintain than a Ferrari, eh?"

Sarcasm? fyi, it's not going to be a 'daily driver' - to be honest my cars are driveway ornaments more than anything else. The Ferrari I get would just be for weekend drives and such. So I doubt it would need anything serious done to it. However, I do like to be able to do simple maintenance myself (oil changes and such.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
"so engine specifics don't interest me. " Enzo rolls over.......

May i suggest a lime green gallardo? very pretty.
An Enzo seems like a bit of an overkill for me... or anyone else, for that matter.
Also, my best friend owns a Gallardo and (I'd never actually say this to her, but..) it's honestly one of the gaudiest cars I've ever seen. lol.
post #6 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
shortcuts

Wow,

you get to take a shortcut to where some of us want to be when we're 40! gotta be nice! you're very fortunate and i hope you can learn to appreciate the Ferrari or whatever you end up getting. rember no texting while driving. hmmm....which car? i guess if i were in your shoes, i would have mom shell out the cash for the 458. The latest technology and down right awesome looks! post ptrs when you get her home!

Cheng
BTW i agree with your opinion on the Gallardo. diablo or murcielago is a differnet story. just not enough made concerns me.
post #7 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ludmilla- Enzo was the founder of Ferrari, ie Enzo Ferrari, for whom the company is named. A common statement is that when you buy a Ferrari you pay for the engine, and they throw in the rest of the car for free. Hence when you said you do not care about the engine....

458s have a glass cover over the engine, too, just not the Spider. New Ferraris come with 7 years of free service, but older ones, like the 360, require regular and relatively extensive service.

We are being about as serious as we can manage.

Taz
Terry Phillips

post #8 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Just get one like Paris Hilton has and have it painted your favorite color.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #9 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
I agree, you buy a Ferrari for the engine and the engine only. The rest is just gravy...

Says the guy who in the past had a colombo v12 block for a dining room table, a fluorescent bulb where the crank goes, 1/4 plate glass over the bores and wow... then you get married and there goes the block..um..table.

Its all about the motor, the awesome looks, the intense sound, the supreme handling that is just gravy.
post #10 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Roslyakova View Post
Thanks for the welcome.

I looked up the 458 and it seems to have a nicer looking front than the 360, but what attracted me to the 360 was the pretty glass 'hood' over the engine. Hmmmm.

"Ed- Yup, and nothing easier to maintain than a Ferrari, eh?"

Sarcasm? fyi, it's not going to be a 'daily driver' - to be honest my cars are driveway ornaments more than anything else. The Ferrari I get would just be for weekend drives and such. So I doubt it would need anything serious done to it. However, I do like to be able to do simple maintenance myself (oil changes and such.)

An Enzo seems like a bit of an overkill for me... or anyone else, for that matter.
Also, my best friend owns a Gallardo and (I'd never actually say this to her, but..) it's honestly one of the gaudiest cars I've ever seen. lol.
Welcome!

Is your Mom Vlada?

Anyway - you seem like a nice young man ... enjoy and be thankful

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #11 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Welcome!

Is your Mom Vlada?

Anyway - you seem like a nice young man ... enjoy and be thankful

Haha, People ask me this all the time - but, no. Vlada isn't my mom. Roslyakova is actually a fairly popular last name in the country I used to live in. (Ukraine)
I'm a woman, by the way. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Ludmilla- Enzo was the founder of Ferrari, ie Enzo Ferrari, for whom the company is named. A common statement is that when you buy a Ferrari you pay for the engine, and they throw in the rest of the car for free. Hence when you said you do not care about the engine....

458s have a glass cover over the engine, too, just not the Spider. New Ferraris come with 7 years of free service, but older ones, like the 360, require regular and relatively extensive service.

We are being about as serious as we can manage.
Oh, I see...
-a bit embarrassed now, lol-

I'll have to do a bit more research myself but I think I'll end up going with the 458 Spider anyway, since I was wanting a convertible. And a newer car with free service seems easier.

Thanks for your help.
post #12 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ludmilla- Assume you are a young lady from the name, so here is good news. There is an engine cover available with an engine window for the 458 Spider. So you can have it all.

Waiting list on the 458 Spider is coming down, but I would get a deposit to your dealer asap, since it takes quite a while to get one delivered.

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/cu...ngine-bay.html

Taz
Terry Phillips

post #13 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Sounds like the Ferrari California is the perfect car for you.
post #14 of 24 Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 624
Boxer, That's what I was going to say....Taz the perfect car for the rest of us is the 458 Spider!

Cheers
Michael

Current Fcars: 360 Modena
Gone but not forgotten: 360 Spider, 575M, F430.
Other stuff: '71 Holden GTS Monaro, '80 BMW Alpina B9, '74 Porsche Targa, Caterham, MB CL500, Land Rover Discovery.
post #15 of 24 Old 12-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
As I read down this thread, I'm inclined to recommend a new California....
post #16 of 24 Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveM5 View Post
As I read down this thread, I'm inclined to recommend a new California....
My other reco would be a Maserati GranCabrio. Beleive it is called the GranTursimo S in the US.
post #17 of 24 Old 12-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Not to be a buzz kill but I think an 18 year old with a Ferrari is a bad idea. I don't know you and I'm not judging you specifically but a Ferrari (or any supercar) in the hands of someone so young could be very dangerous. And, wow, how will you learn to achieve anything on your own if you get a high end car as a gift?

I suppose I'm envious in a way but also concerned that you don't end up in the hospital
post #18 of 24 Old 12-08-2012, 10:50 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
F430 is simply the best Ferrari

Well,in person i'm an f430 addicted because 1)it's the prettiest Ferrari till now(according to my taste of course),2)the maintainance is not that bad,3)you can put on an exhaust system,a BMC airfilter and a ECU-remap and the engine will put out around 540hp instead of the 490 stock hp and 4)it is vary rare to see a woman drive an F430 and it has that nice big glass over the engine so others can see it and get even more jealous
post #19 of 24 Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
A Ferrari driven by a young lady is not dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
Not to be a buzz kill but I think an 18 year old with a Ferrari is a bad idea. I don't know you and I'm not judging you specifically but a Ferrari (or any supercar) in the hands of someone so young could be very dangerous. And, wow, how will you learn to achieve anything on your own if you get a high end car as a gift?

I suppose I'm envious in a way but also concerned that you don't end up in the hospital
Woman are responsible drivers even at this young age,the don't drive like us,i mean like maniacs as many male young Ferrari owners do
post #20 of 24 Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post

Agreed completely I must say and I highly doubt this is a real post (the original posters').

F430, 458 Challenge, Ford GT, Gallardo, C63 Black,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode