What? No power seats in MY F430? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
What? No power seats in MY F430?

Guys,

i WAS going to make an offer on an F430 tomrw but just realized no power seats! I am vertically challenged at 5'6". Are the non-powered seats able to provide any vertical adjustments? All the power seats I have used thus far have this feature and is a major reason why i like power seats. That being said, once my seat is set, it pretty will stay that way so power seat may not be as big of an issue if i have good visibility. back to the drawing board???

Cheng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Cheng- Go to ferraridatabase.com, download an F430 owners manual and it will tell you all about it. There were multiple seat options on the F430.

Below is an early option list. More were probably added later. US list differed slightly.
Attached Images

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-02-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Taz,

thanks. I cant believe the luggage set cost more than the power seats! okay almost 3 times more! hmm...i guess i can add power seats down the road...heck,..have dealer do it.

Cheng

post #4 of 8 Old 12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Cheng- No, that is almost unaffordable unless you found seats, rails, switches, and ECU from a wrecked car. If you want power seats, buy a car with them. Try one first without them and see if they fit.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Out of curiosity... would there not be manual adjustments for the height boost?

If its not exactly what you want my friend skip it and move on to the next one, you will find what you want perfectly with how many go up for sale. Same price point etc, might just take a month or two of waiting but you will find it!
post #6 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCCHRIS View Post
Out of curiosity... would there not be manual adjustments for the height boost?

If its not exactly what you want my friend skip it and move on to the next one, you will find what you want perfectly with how many go up for sale. Same price point etc, might just take a month or two of waiting but you will find it!

+1. A few more moments of waiting will be worth a lifetime of comfort and better driving visibility with the correct seats.
I'm watching 360's out there with the less-desireable seats installed, and they're sitting....
and sitting......
and sitting......

You're putting down a huge chunk of cash. Make sure you're getting exactly what you want - you've got all the cards.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
I know more than a few guys either add or delete foam from the 430 drivers seat.

My guess is you may need 1 to 2 inches at the most ... not a big deal.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

i agree.

I'll go back to the drawing board and keep looking. i do notice more 430's seem to come up vs 360's that get closer to what i am looking for. I was just a tad bit late on that 430 last week that sold at Millers in CT. DANG!!! it had everything i wanted and price was close too! I'm going to call the sales guy and let him know he should find a duplicate! There's a black '06 F430 at New england that would have fit the bill IF it were Red. Big bonus which i didn't really care for are rear parking sensors. Cool but can do without.

Cheng

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode