Barchetta, Scuderia Coupe or F430 Manual - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 15
Barchetta, Scuderia Coupe or F430 Manual

I am very torn between the Barchetta, Scuderia coupe and the F430 Spyder in a manual tranny. This will be my first Ferrari. They all have there points and all seem to be in the same pricing area right now. Barchetta has that cool and rare quality and the lack of roof is fine as I live in Colorado where we have over 330 days of sunshine a year. Scuderia is just plain bad ass! 430 Spyder gives me the top down feel and also is one of the last manuals Ferrari will ever make.

This car would be second to the McLaren Mp4-12C I am gonna get. I am grabbing her over the 458 as I am at altitude and the turbos work so much better up here. But still want a nice Ferrari as well as a second car.

Interested in peoples thoughts and why.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerat1 View Post
I am very torn between the Barchetta, Scuderia coupe and the F430 Spyder in a manual tranny. This will be my first Ferrari. They all have there points and all seem to be in the same pricing area right now. Barchetta has that cool and rare quality and the lack of roof is fine as I live in Colorado where we have over 330 days of sunshine a year. Scuderia is just plain bad ass! 430 Spyder gives me the top down feel and also is one of the last manuals Ferrari will ever make.

This car would be second to the McLaren Mp4-12C I am gonna get. I am grabbing her over the 458 as I am at altitude and the turbos work so much better up here. But still want a nice Ferrari as well as a second car.

Interested in peoples thoughts and why.

Cheers!
Which Barchetta? 550, SA Aperta, or F50?
post #3 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

550. The others are not in the same price class as the other cars I am looking at and able to afford.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Get all the above in a 16M.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #5 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Nice try Doug but a V12 in front is very very different to a V8 in the back (unless you only do dragstrips).

Rangerat1 - you need to go and drive these cars, as it is impossible to say what you should go for. All are very different to drive and which one is best for you depends on how you are going to use it, and what your preferences are.

For instance, I would never buy the Barchetta as my first Ferrari as it is quite limited in its use. It is a glorious car, but I wouldn't want to do a two-week road trip in it like I tend to do in my other Ferraris. The Scuderia is absolutely wonderful and of the three probably my favourite for a first Ferrari. The manual gearbox doesn't work so well in the last incarnation of the V8's, IMHO. It is hard to keep up with the engine when you're pushing on a twisty road.

I love manuals but I am glad my 458 doesn't have one. For the 430, I'd probably feel the same. But then, if you have a more cruising driving style, then it could be the perfect choice. It is gives a wonderful tactile sense and you feel more closely connected to the machine.

So - as I said - drive them, and make up your own mind. Best of luck! All three are wonderful, you can't go wrong really.

Onno

[EDIT] Sorry - didn't see your comment that it's going to be second to an MP4. In that case, I would probably go for the Barchetta as it is so, so very different to the McLaren. It's manual, V12, top down, more relaxed driving philosophy but still pretty darn quick. A nice counterpoint to the Mac.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #6 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Love the comments guys. Especially the Edit by Onno! Will give it some thought and let you know before January!
post #7 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerat1 View Post
550. The others are not in the same price class as the other cars I am looking at and able to afford.
If you are looking for open top motoring and prefer your cars a bit more on the raw side, the 16M is a great option. Otherwise I would probably opt for the 550 Barchetta as a very elegant long range GT.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode