how's about being 5th owner? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
how's about being 5th owner?

Guys,

the 2002 360 i have been scrutinizing has 4 previous owners and 17K miles. How common is it for this age of Ferrari to have so many owners? What number owner are you?

BTW i found a couple of local mechanics that can service my future 360. Very close to pulling the trigger.

Cheng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,849
Not unusual for a Ferrari where the original owner may have a 458 now and the others F430s or some other exotic. Were they all real owners or were some of them dealers? Those do not count, even though Carfax will count them.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
I am the 10th owner of my 360

post #4 of 6 Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
The number of owners doesn't matter as much as the car's maintenance history, which you already know. Some people equate MORE owners to LESS careful attention to maintenance. That's getting into statistical probability - I certainly don't believe it to be a universal truth. If the car has had 4 careful owners, then you're good. If it has had 4 owners, and 2 of them were rental companies or abused the car in some way, well then the answer is obvious.

In order to satisfy my own curiousity, I have removed "number of owners" as a deciding factor from my list, because there are (in my searching) plenty of cars with 5 or more owners, which seem to be well sorted (have not yet had any PPI's conducted). I might use it as a bargaining chip if the car I want has a "higher" number of owners, but that's about it. The car has to stand alone, you're not buying the previous owners.

Also, review the length of ownership for each occurance carefully. If it is in weeks or on the order of like 3 months, then can you really count them as an owner? Or were they a dealer who took title while selling?

This search becomes a deeply personal endeavor. I'm learning more about what were "must-have" criteria versus those which REALLY matter to me all the time.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Not all that unusual with Ferraris being a commodity as much as a car. With flippers and those that by a car just to get a slot on the list for the next model it is not terribly uncommon.

The idea is if you are only planning on having it a short time you don't take good care of it.

There is truth to it but there are also exceptions. Just like hiring an employee, it is preferred to get one with stable long term history.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
May want to clarify - owner.

FNA and I had a little discussion as they count dealers as owners.

FNA was showing 4 owners counting two dealers and one of which was a Ferrari dealer.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode