PPI for 360 in Bridegport Connecticut - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-10-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
PPI for 360 in Bridegport Connecticut

Hello all,

my short time shopping for my dream car may possibly lead to Bridgeport, CT. I may be making an offer on a 2002 Ferrari 360 Berlinetta. Can anyone refer me to a good source to perform an unbiased PPI on this car? How does this usually work? meaning, should i be there for the PPI or does he/she perform the inspection first then calls me in for the re-cap? how much does this usually cost? Does anyone here live nearby that would be willing to be Sooooooo kind as to take a peak and give me their opinion of the car? just thought i'd ask as i think i would do the same for anyone here. If someone does not have a PPI reference for me, how would i go about findinng someone besides asking the shop who is selling it? the point is we want an unbiased inpsection right? Thanks in advance.

Cheng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Cheng, unfortunately PPI means different things to different inspectors. In general there are two pieces and costs for both; visual/functional + mechanical. I found negotiating them separately beneficial as many vehicles are not listed appropriate to their condition. Agree to pay the 1st which may run $400-600 depending on the shop and then if necessary a full compression and leak down test follows. The 360 engine is solid and if you use a trusted mechanic the 2nd is probably not necessary unless you get a very low mileage 360 - they like to be driven to keep them healthy, well at least engine-wise ). Northeast is abusive in so many other ways. . .
post #3 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
These guys seem to have a good reputation: Forza Motorsport

Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini Automobiles Bought and Sold

post #4 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Forza. Thanks. I have been recommended to Miller Motorcars by a couple other members. I think i will call both parties. BTW are any of your F cars a daily driver? just curious as you've got quite the choices
post #5 of 5 Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
BTW are any of your F cars a daily driver? just curious as you've got quite the choices
None of the current. However I have used a 308, 360, & 575 as DDs in past years.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode