ebay ferrari 360 help! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
ebay ferrari 360 help!

Guys,

Ferrari : 360 Modena in Ferrari | eBay Motors

this car looks like my perfet 360! Red/tan, Berlinetta, 6 speed manual and immaculate condiiotn! What do you think is a fair price to pay? I am close to maxing out my budget. I never thought i would buy off ebay for this kind of $. I also want a PPIand to see in person but before i start going there, i need to know their reserve. I would have to fly out this week to make that happen b4 auction ends assuming i can find a mechanic that will work at last minute. they seller wants full payment b4 auction closes??? hmm...sounds a little high pressure. I guess it might be better if i just show up at dealership and give them my offer in person with check in hand.

i sent a kind email with my phone number so i hope they disclose that to me. Whats the best way to go about buying an online car?

Does anyone know this car or its previous owner? sounds like he/she would be on this forum. Thanks in advance.

Cheng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Cheng

Car looks to have everything going for it.

Not a fan of the pictures or the sales tactics - might want to ask for a picture of the drivers seat to check any wear as they purposely left that one out.

The chances of it selling or even hitting reserve off the e-bay ad are very vey slim if not zero.

I have made payments in full without seeing two Ferrari's - but I sometimes do stupid things,
post #3 of 34 Old 11-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Cheng- Just ignore the E-Bay ad, except for helping you find the car, and make a deal contingent on a PPI. That is what I did with my car. The owner has spent quite a bit of money on the carbon fiber, X-OST exhaust and Challenge grilles, so hopefully the car has been well maintained. Watch for sticky switches because the dealer has put all kinds of goo on the interior to make it look shiny, and that is one of the things that makes the switches sticky..

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 34 Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Thx guys. Im keping ph nmbr and going to bank on friday. Will keep u all posted.
post #5 of 34 Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Good luck on this purchase.
post #6 of 34 Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

emailed the sales person my questions and left my peronal cell#. no response after 24 hours. weird. I woudlnt mind talking with them but my work schedule is booked solid until friday (off all day!). like someone mentioned here, i am going to ignore all the auction related business and take my time. so i'll talk when they call.
post #7 of 34 Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Good luck with the hunt! Hopefully you get the right one for you to enjoy it.

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #8 of 34 Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

update

I passed on this car guys. I think i need to seriosuly consider a spyder verion. I spoke to the sales person for this car and their reserve price was more than what i was willing to pay. I will try very hard to be patient and to get the car i really want. will keep you all posted.

Cheng
post #9 of 34 Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
I was never a convertible buyer til the 16M - even bought a hard top for my Austin Healey 3000.

Now it's a different story and bought another soft top.

Completely understand your thought - there is way more upside to a soft top than downside.
post #10 of 34 Old 11-10-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

purchase may be sooner than later...

Fellas,

I think i am truly in a mid-life crisis. The sales person emailed me a price that is pretty close to what i am willing to pay. I am figuring if the car has all options i want and is in "perfect" shape with no stories, isn't it worth the extra money? I am going to post a new thread for PPI help in Connecticut. I may be putting in a serious offer this coming monday on this car.

I kept thinking about the spyder vs berlinetta and i am simply torn. So i figure, if they accept my offer and the PPI checks out, my long awaited Ferrari will be a Berlinetta. the second can be a spyder or vice versa.

Cheng
post #11 of 34 Old 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Cheng, having just replied to your other post, This selection has all service records and tasteful mods, may be as good a find in the region as you'll find until spring. Don't be turned off by a sales response, there's a lot going on in this region right now (sandy is a b*tch) - IMO you may want to jump on this vehicle with an inspection. 9k difference from the other one with tasteful mods? What is the reserve...
post #12 of 34 Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

getting close...

Guys,

this might be the one. just did not expect hunt to end already...but it ain't over til she is in the garage safe and sound. Seller is not budging on price even after i said i'm walkin away til spring. Then i kept thinking more and more about it. Are the mods, carbon fiber filter covers, x-ost muffler (not sure about headers), and challenge grills worth an extra 5K? Sure makes the car look nice. I just had local mechanic review ptrs of bottom with me and he says the car does not look abused (again all from ptrs).

Cheng
post #13 of 34 Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Before I purchased my 360, I was looking at a 328GTS, I offered the seller $4,000 less than he was asking for it expecting him to come back with a $2K counter, instead he put the car on Ebay and said if I wanted I could bid on it (basically said no but without actually saying it).

I really thought my offer was a good one and stuck to it, I thought he was $6k over priced but I wanted that car and offered to pay more than I thought it was worth. Over the next 2 months as he tried to sell the car I was watching it and the longer it went the more I was willing to pay his original asking price, I was REALLY upset at having lost the car to a $2k difference. The 328 ended up selling on ebay for LESS than my offer 3 months later but by then, I owned my 360

I personally would put zero dollar value on the carbon fiber stuff, but I would put some value on the x-ost muffler to a lot of value if I liked the sound. And I would put value on the challenge rear grill (I don't care about the front). The total would not be $5k but lets say $3k for the sake of argument, so now how upset will you be at losing the car you want because of a $2k difference ? in my case I was pretty upset on losing that 328GTS until my wife said she really liked the 360 and lets stretch our finances to get one.

Only you can answer how much those options are worth to you, some people might add value for the carbon fiber stuff and less for the exhaust, we are all different, to me that CF stuff in the engine is a waste, its a engine compartment after all.
post #14 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Relisted ad after...

I signed prchase agreement and put $ down yet seller relisted on ebay with a buy it now option. It doesnt sound too fair to me. Purchase is contingent on ppi and my personal inspection. If i paid for ppi and agreed to move to next step of flying out and they turn around and sell to other party, seller would have to compensate me for the ppi right? Not my fault i live 1200 miles away and dont own s private jet to go check out the car. Salesman was to arrange exact time for ppi after i spoke to inspector and salesman. I realize seller wants options hre but couldnt they wait until ppi results and i walk away? Or are they looking for a bidding war? If its the latter its not fair since we signed purchase agreement.

Cheng
post #15 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
The seller is probably thinking he doesn't have money in his hand, so you can't fault him for keeping his options open. Get a hold of the seller, and arrange a trip to look at the car, so he knows you mean business. IMO a signed purchase agreement means nothing, anyone can back out of the deal. Good luck with the purchase and keep us posted.
post #16 of 34 Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 45
Wow that is a beautiful example. Definitely the nicest I have seen in my search. That is the exact spec I want with the same mods (exhaust, CS Front and Back grill) etc.

Love it!!!

Matt
post #17 of 34 Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Matt-stay away.

I walked away after PPI results showed selling agent did not disclose all the bodywork that was done. Furthermore, selling agent assured me there were no leaks anywhere but inspection revealed otherwise. I still feel bad for walking away but seller made it clear he was not going to re-negotiate after PPI. i still agree that the car looks amazing from pictures anyway. A fellow forum memebr stopped by to see it in person and was also wowed. Made me feel even worse. As i continue to shop, i find yellows and silvers but no red ones with similar specs. BTW i'm highest bidder on ebay again as they relisted. i just factored in the price of reparing some of the major issues found. However, they have a resrve near buy it now...sad they won't disclose the major findings of my PPI on their ad and lower the price to reflect it. Then again, maybe they did the repairs b4 relisting??? i doubt it as the latest ad was put up b4 my PPI was performed.
post #18 of 34 Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Sounds like the seller is not too reputible - I'd walk and never look back. You have lots of time to find the right car - slow down and take your time. Good luck.
post #19 of 34 Old 11-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
I think this is a good example of an occasion where the Carfax report is not accurate. The body work might have resulted from an accident. Keep fighting the good fight.
post #20 of 34 Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Whats interesting is Black Horse Garage...for the most part...has a good reputation. Researched the name on FChat and most if not all had good things to say.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode