Disappointing Used Red/Tan 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Disappointing Used Red/Tan 360

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd make you aware of some disappointing behavior I have observed on the used market. Here's a link to a Red/Tan 360 Spider (89k miles!!! *gulp*) for sale on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item19d5be696d
Note the asking price of $49,900 OBO. Also note in the write-up the accident history explained by the seller. You can view the history of offers - there were a few "songs" on that list.

Now check this AutoTrader listing, posted SHORTLY (meaning within a day or so) after the eBay auction was "no longer available"
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...31878320&Log=0

See any similarities? Hmmm, let us start with the VIN, which is identical. Next, move to the write-up, which was copied from the original seller's eBay add, almost verbatim. What's different? Well, the company name. Oh, and the ACCIDENT HISTORY. Minor detail, I guess.

So, in summary, this same car was "bought" from the original seller who listed on eBay (when the car was located in Florida) for somewhere south of $49,900, I think we can be sure. Now, with little/no reconditioning (probably, given the time between posts), it's being retailed for "$61,500" when it was worth less than $49,9k to start with! Hopefully, we can mostly agree there. Then again, that's probably cannon fodder.

It's just frustrating to see this kind of stuff because I've been watching the market so closely for like 6 months, then something wacky like this happens and it defies all of my logic. I know, I know, a dealer trying to make a fast buck at the expense of the previous owner.......

Anyway, I personally wouldn't touch this lady with someone else's 10-foot pole, if you catch my drift. "Atlanta Fine Cars." Grrr..

*FRUSTRATED*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 40
Couldve bought it, serviced it, sold for 10k more. 2002 is definetly worth the money if the car was serviced properly through out its ownership.

WWW.SIENNAMOTORS.COM
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/SIENNAMOTORS
954-591-9360
post #3 of 8 Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
Well, it didn't sell for $50K on eBay, no telling what it actually sold for, if at all. It could very well still be in the same hands. The asking price is 61.5, but it will undoubtedly sell for something less.

That's a lot of maintenance and repair, if he has the invoices to prove it, depending on the accident damage and repair, it probably is a 50K-ish car.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Well, it didn't sell for $50K on eBay, no telling what it actually sold for, if at all. It could very well still be in the same hands. The asking price is 61.5, but it will undoubtedly sell for something less.

That's a lot of maintenance and repair, if he has the invoices to prove it, depending on the accident damage and repair, it probably is a 50K-ish car.
like i said its worth the 49.9

WWW.SIENNAMOTORS.COM
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/SIENNAMOTORS
954-591-9360
post #5 of 8 Old 10-12-2012, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Who knows. Maybe some sort of scamming situation. I'm not going to investigate it.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
sounds pretty simple. buy low, sell high. it's what makes the world go round...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 8 Old 10-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
There's a lid for every pot....
Somebody will buy it.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

FWIW the current selling dealer has 8 relatively recent BBB complaints and is the named defendant in a fraud case in their home state.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode