Ferrari newbi - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
Ferrari newbi

After owning many Porsches I have an offer on a Ferrari. I'd appreciate your feedback on the model, issues with this car and value.

2005 F430
F1
10,900 miles
Daytona Seats, Electric Seats, Scuro Grey Stitching, Bluetooth Phone, Yellow Tachometer, Carbon Fiber Dashboard Inserts, Leather Rear Shelf, Leather Headliner, Aluminum Brake Calipers
Dealer selling on consignment
Clean car fax
Dealer service records show mostly exhaust work at ~4k miles

Some chips behind front wheels.

Inspection and 1 year CPO warranty included.

What advice can you give me regarding this car?

What do you think is a fair price?

The car is being sold on by Ferrari of Silicon Valley. Any feedback on this dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Welcome to FLife

Is the dealer or outside shop performing a PPI?

I assume it has steel brakes but the clutch wear and belts are things you need to know.

Until you have the PPI done it's hard to establish a price - guessing if all goes well 120's.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-07-2012, 06:50 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Welcome to ferrari life. If the dealer sell the car is not a ferrari dealer . Have the car inspected by a shop that sells and fixes Ferrari's and that you trust. Check the clutch wear and make sure all recalls are done . If you need any help . please feel free to call or email me. please check out my website www.daytonaauto.ca or Facebook under ( Daytona Sports Cars).
Good Luck and sounds like a good car.
Thanks
Alex.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-07-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
Dealer

The selling dealer is doing the PPI to qualify the car for CPO that provides a 1 year powertrain warranty.

The selling dealer sold the car new and has shown me maintenance records going back to 2005. Mostly regular service. A number of exhaust issues fixed at 4K miles.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by schroed911 View Post
The selling dealer is doing the PPI to qualify the car for CPO that provides a 1 year powertrain warranty.

The selling dealer sold the car new and has shown me maintenance records going back to 2005. Mostly regular service. A number of exhaust issues fixed at 4K miles.
Sounds like you are on top of the purchase - feel free to post pictures if it all works out.

The exhaust has been an ongoing issue - suggest taking a look at the Capristo exhaust mount.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Hey there! Fellow So-cal resident here. I actually took a look at this vehicle as well.

Jakes down in San Diego has a a red F430 (didn't care for the silver too much) listed at 119, they will do 115. It just had a fresh clutch + full service done. Only reason I didn't take is I found a Spider.

Jake's Motorcars | Ferrari | San Diego, California

I wound up buying from Symbolic down in San Diego (LA resident).

The warranty is nice for sure, however the color scheme really killed me + its going to need service relatively soon.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #8 of 8 Old 10-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,325
Schroed911, welcome to FerrariLife

The 2005 MY had the most failing exhaust headers. Make sure they have been changed for the MK2 exhaust headers. It's not a 100% warranty they won't fail again but the MK2 headers will certainly last longer than the MK1. The exhaust brackets had also an upgrade as well as the exhaust tips. As Doug said, it's better to consider to change the rigid stock exhaust brackets for the spring suspended Capristo brackets. They will save your exhaust headers. Ask also for a full SD3 print out. A lot data will tell you how the car has been driven by the previous owner(s).

Good shopping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode