post #21 of 25 Old 11-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Charlegmagne,

I may be traveling to CT to look at a possible buy. 360 modena in red over tan with 6 sp manual. supposedly mint wth 17K miles. i will be going over my budget but am starting to think the extra $ might be worth avoiding headaches. hows your search?

Cheng

Make sure you get a full PPI done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 11-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
you guys married badly

It was my wife who suggested the 360 instead of a 328, she said its been my lifelong dream and I should get the one I really want.
Dude, I'd rather own both, I'll never swap my 328 for a 360, they are different Ferrari's in many ways and my wife said to me the other day " Rather get a F430 Scuderia instead of the 360 as a second Ferrari "

well for me the 328 was and is still my favorite and for so many reasons....

Rgds
Johnny
post #23 of 25 Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
My wife's biggest concern is the flashy image it projects. We're not flashy people and I tell myself I don't want a Ferrari to impress my friends. I want to see the car as an exuberant expression of life lived to the fullest, an appreciation of art on wheels, a nod to the Italian notion of automotive passion. Yet I can understand how others may see it differently. Have any owners personally confronted the negative imagery some people have of Ferrari ownership? Is there an intelligent and respectful way to deal with it?
On the contrary....my experience is, and I think that of many of us on this forum, that it depends on how you yourself 'behave', it's got nothing to do with the car. If you drive around arrogant and showing of, you will indeed encounter a negative response. But when you share the passion, be yourself and stay resectful to others, you will encounter enthousiasm and get many thumbs up. IMHO that goes for everything and everybody whether you own a Ferrari or not. Just my 2 cents..

Jeroen

Italian bella's:
550 Maranello 7-2000 nero/nero
1974 Ducati 750 Yellow Sport
1974 Ducati 350 Desmo Yellow Sport
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
(And a few Alfa Romeo's and Range Rovers)

Power is nothing without control

post #24 of 25 Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550JM View Post
On the contrary....my experience is, and I think that of many of us on this forum, that it depends on how you yourself 'behave', it's got nothing to do with the car. If you drive around arrogant and showing of, you will indeed encounter a negative response. But when you share the passion, be yourself and stay resectful to others, you will encounter enthousiasm and get many thumbs up. IMHO that goes for everything and everybody whether you own a Ferrari or not. Just my 2 cents..
..+ 1

Rgds
Johnny
post #25 of 25 Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Well guys...It's one step at a time. or more like one car at a time. We shall see how the over the phone negotiations go tomrw for the 360. If they accept my offer contingent on PPI, I'll be booking flight to CT for as early as this week or late as next friday. The 328 is still on my list. Its the car that made me want a Ferrari to begin with. It's look is truly timeless. Turning 40 in less than 2 weeks guys. I think its a mid-life crisis and i just have to resolve it with a little help from achieving childhood dreams. I was almost setback this morning as i discovered my roof was leaking! new roof was going to put F car on hold but i said to myself that i just can't keep putting it off. Well, it all depends on how the talks go tomrw. I wish i could deal in person. I think it tells the other party you are much more serious and real.

Cheng

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode