F40 steering wheel - is it adjustable? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-14-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
F40 steering wheel - is it adjustable?

Hello.

It's my first post here and there is one issue that has been bugging me since forever. Is the F40 steering wheel position adjustable or does it always point to the sky?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Sobie- If you go to ferraridatabase.com you can download an F40 owners manual and look it up.

Welcome to Ferrari Life.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobieslaw View Post
Hello.

It's my first post here and there is one issue that has been bugging me since forever. Is the F40 steering wheel position adjustable or does it always point to the sky?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have worked on F40's since they arrived in the USA. That question has never come up that I remember. It is not adjustable per se but it could be moved some with a slight modification.

I have quite a bit of time driving them and would not describe its position as pointing to the sky. Have you ever driven one? For a car you actually have to drive as opposed to boulevard cruising I don't think I could improve on the control locations.

Stuff happens fast in that car and with the fairly high effort required for the controls they seem pretty well placed but people come in a lot of sizes.

Last edited by Brian; 04-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I have worked on F40's since they arrived in the USA. That question has never come up that I remember. It is not adjustable per se but it could be moved some with a slight modification.

I have quite a bit of time driving them and would not describe its position as pointing to the sky. Have you ever driven one? For a car you actually have to drive as opposed to boulevard cruising I don't think I could improve on the control locations.

Stuff happens fast in that car and with the fairly high effort required for the controls they seem pretty well placed but people come in a lot of sizes.
+1 Nothing to add from my experience.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-15-2012, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

No, I never actually had a chance to drive one but I've seen few and it always bugged me. I like my wheel pointing as low as possible(anybody driven a Pontiac Fiero, Trans Am, Corvette maybe?) and it just doesn't feel right to me. But that's just my point of view.

I've read somewhere that the 348 column can be adjusted but it's not "on the fly" and you have to unscrew some stuff to set it up and I thought that maybe the F40 could be a similar case.

Anyway the F40 seems like a perfect car to me except some little details like this but they don't really matter much. Hope I can afford one soon.

Thanks again for the replies.

Last edited by sobieslaw; 04-15-2012 at 01:28 AM.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-15-2012, 03:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobieslaw View Post
anybody driven a Pontiac Fiero, Trans Am, Corvette maybe?
Thankfully, no. Just kidding.

The driving position in the F40 is what it is. With all the different Ferrari's I've driven from build years 1966 to 2012, I've never worried about the driving position. And that's being 6'1", with long legs, quite the opposite of most Italians. You learn to live with it and then you never think about it anymore.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #7 of 9 Old 04-15-2012, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I get it now. Despite these little things I still want an F40 badly. Soon it will happen I hope.

Thanks.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Good luck! They are awesome.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #9 of 9 Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Thankfully, no. Just kidding.

The driving position in the F40 is what it is. With all the different Ferrari's I've driven from build years 1966 to 2012, I've never worried about the driving position. And that's being 6'1", with long legs, quite the opposite of most Italians. You learn to live with it and then you never think about it anymore.

Onno
IMHO driving position is excellent and steering position makes lots of sense when you sitting in the drivers seat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode