430 Pricing Advice - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-12-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
430 Pricing Advice

What would be fair market (private party) value for a 2007 430 coupe?

11K miles
Under factory warranty for a few more months
No accidents or paintwork
Color: Black
Lots of options, such as built-in radar detector

Posting this for a friend of mine. If there's anything else that would materially impact value, let me know and I will find out and post it here.
1985mb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985mb View Post
What would be fair market (private party) value for a 2007 430 coupe?

11K miles
Under factory warranty for a few more months
No accidents or paintwork
Color: Black
Lots of options, such as built-in radar detector

Posting this for a friend of mine. If there's anything else that would materially impact value, let me know and I will find out and post it here.
Welcome to FLife

There are so many factors - a full list of options would help the most.
champagne612 is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 04-12-2012, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Thanks! And I will find out the options list
1985mb is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
 
Global Autosports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: www.globalautosports.com
Ferrari Life Posts: 373
Our site will help you get an idea of fair market value - Ferrari F430 - Ferrari F430 For Sale
Global Autosports is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Sorry for what might have been a premature thread. He is not ready to sell (yet).
1985mb is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Here are the details. Should I start a new thread? What would be private party FMV on this car?

Quote:
It's a black 2007 f430 with 11,000 miles

Daytona seats

Scuderia shields

F1 style paddle shifter.

Bluetooth technology.

Built in $4k radar with laser etched display in the mirror with hidden front radar jammers that you can see in the grill below.

Clear m3 protection tape on the front grill to protect from scratches.

The car is still under warranty which does expire this year. But the buyer will have a peace of mind while buying this car vs a black box.

It has been garage kept the entire time.
Runs perfect and is located in union square are in NYC.

This car is accident free as per car fax.
I purchased this car from Miller Motors in Greenwich CT who is an official Ferrari dealer.

The car has been serviced every year and the records are on file with Miller Motors.
1985mb is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985mb View Post
Here are the details. Should I start a new thread? What would be private party FMV on this car?
Do you know the sticker?

My guess 145 - 160K
champagne612 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Do you know the sticker?

My guess 145 - 160K
I don't know the sticker but I can ask.

What would be an attention-grabbing number for a relatively quick sale?
1985mb is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985mb View Post
I don't know the sticker but I can ask.

What would be an attention-grabbing number for a relatively quick sale?
I suggest posting pictures - many members here are searching or know buyers in the market.

E-bay is a good indicator of quick sale numbers - you can always list it on e-bay no reserve and let her go.

Problem is Ferrari buyers are IMO a PIA - which I am guilty of.
champagne612 is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
I can probably take slightly better photos if that helps.

http://photobucket.com/RS1_F430









1985mb is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 07-03-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
E-bay is a good indicator of quick sale numbers - you can always list it on e-bay no reserve and let her go.

Problem is Ferrari buyers are IMO a PIA - which I am guilty of.
Last time I checked (when I started this thread), I checked the completed listings on ebay. Apart from one exception, 2007 F430 coupes did not attract bids above 125k. I think that proved what I suspected: most real Ferrari buyers aren't seriously buying cars sight unseen off ebay.

So I am not sure ebay offers a good indicator of transaction prices for these cars.
1985mb is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985mb View Post
Last time I checked (when I started this thread), I checked the completed listings on ebay. Apart from one exception, 2007 F430 coupes did not attract bids above 125k. I think that proved what I suspected: most real Ferrari buyers aren't seriously buying cars sight unseen off ebay.

So I am not sure ebay offers a good indicator of transaction prices for these cars.
Ferrari Market Letter would give you a much better idea on "real" prices that eBay.
Boxer is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 21
I've reviewed (asking) prices at everything I could look at, and I believe it's priced quite aggressively at $133k, even accounting for the maintenance items that are coming up and are fairly disclosed.

Is Flife and Fchat the wrong place to advertise this car (in my past experience forums were a great place to sell your car)? What would be better?

Ferrari Market Letter
Hemmings
Autotrader
Cars.com (see a lot of scams on there these days)
Ebay

I don't mind paying to advertise the car if it sells, but I don't want to go on half a dozen sites for instance.
1985mb is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 07-12-2012, 06:12 AM
Owner
 
DanS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Ferrari Life Posts: 196
I think eBay and both forums would give it a good shot. eBay cars usually go to local people who can get a PPI done (and often sell off the listing and are then withdrawn). I'm guessing that most folks won't buy a 430 long distance.

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
DanS is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985mb View Post
I've reviewed (asking) prices at everything I could look at, and I believe it's priced quite aggressively at $133k, even accounting for the maintenance items that are coming up and are fairly disclosed.

Is Flife and Fchat the wrong place to advertise this car (in my past experience forums were a great place to sell your car)? What would be better?

Ferrari Market Letter
Hemmings
Autotrader
Cars.com (see a lot of scams on there these days)
Ebay

I don't mind paying to advertise the car if it sells, but I don't want to go on half a dozen sites for instance.
I would advertise it on:

FerrariLife
Ferrari Market Letter
and the
Ferrari Club of America website (and regional chapter)
Boxer is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale