Into the Breach! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
Into the Breach!

New member. First post. Soon to own first Ferrari.

Within the next week I will most likely be pulling the trigger on the purchase of my first Ferrari, a 2004 360 Modena. It will be headed to Algar Ferrari for a PPI and compression test next week and if all goes well the return trip will be to my house.

That being said, I am trying to work out as much as possible beforehand so things go smoothly on final negotiation day. I received what I believe to be an excellent rate from my normal auto insurance carrier (of course in NJ "excellent" may seem astronomical to those outside of this state) New Jersey Mannufacturers Insurance. The request to cover the Ferrari was a little outside of what the representative normally handles so I didn't get an immediate quote (got a call back after an hour), but when they did call back the only stipulation was that I should I purchase the car andelect their coverage I would need to provide proof of the 4 wheel ABS.

The request sounds simple but so far I'm stumped on finding an easy (IE. internet) "official" source that lists the base trim of the 2004 360's. I'm sure I can probably get something from Algar but I figured I would drop this question here and see what others would recommend.

I did send an email to Ferrari of Atlanta asking for the original window sticker which I assume would include this information. However, I figure I would probably need to be the owner of the vehicle before they would provide it; if they are able to provide it at all.

Thanks all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
I would be surprised if the dealer has the window sticker.

The owners manual has all the information you need in the description of the system operation.

I know you probably do not yet have one in your posession but it should always be your first choice as an information source.

Last edited by Brian; 04-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
I agree: I believe you can download the manual from Taz's link or from this site. http://ferraridatabase.com/

Therea are all sorts of manuals there.

I'm kind of wondering how an insurance company cannot find that information for themselves as a general search from their own resources.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 04-11-2012 at 12:14 PM.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I did hear back from Ferrari of Atlanta. They forward my request on to Ferrari North America. Due to the age of the vehicle they don't know if the information will still be available.

Your right, it looking more like the owners manual will wind up being the resource of choice. I will have to see about getting a copy of the applicable portions of the manual prior to sale so I can send it on to the ins company.

Thanks for your reply. I'm still digging.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
I agree: I believe you can download the manual from Taz's link or from this site. All Ferraris

Therea are all sorts of manuals there.

I'm kind of wondering how an insurance company cannot find that information for themselves as a general search from their own resources.
I was thinking the same thing actually. No questions about airbags or security system (which are more standard questions). When asked if the vehicle had ABS, I said yes it has 4-wheel ABS at which point they said ok but they'll need me to provide proof of the ABS before I can obtain whatever discount it provides. It's certainly not a deal breaker, just annoying.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode