Ferrari newbie, need help with 360 Modena - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
I have a silver 360 spider I am interested in selling, less than 9k miles, let me know if you are interested, or send me a PM.
Can you tell us the serial number?

I need an Aventador!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaitalian View Post
Great read, here is a link to the story in Forza:

Forza :: 360 Buyer's Guide : 360 Buyer's Guide: Viva la Revolution!
Nice article. Thanks for the link

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #23 of 35 Old 04-06-2012, 12:12 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 15
I hope by the end of this year or beginning of next year I can get the 360 I want. I would actually like if someone from this forum come with me to closely inspect it before purchasing one. You guys have more experience/knowledge on these cars then I do and would greatly appreciate the help.

Also, I don't post one time and never show my face again. I'm pretty much always on here.

post #24 of 35 Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra1rd View Post
I hope by the end of this year or beginning of next year I can get the 360 I want. I would actually like if someone from this forum come with me to closely inspect it before purchasing one. You guys have more experience/knowledge on these cars then I do and would greatly appreciate the help.

Also, I don't post one time and never show my face again. I'm pretty much always on here.
Good luck with the 360 hunt supra1rd. Remember to get a PPI done before you part with your money too. Keep us informed...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #25 of 35 Old 04-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Good luck with the 360 hunt supra1rd. Remember to get a PPI done before you part with your money too. Keep us informed...

Thanks Barry. I will definitely get a PPI done before purchasing. I will keep you guys updated.
post #26 of 35 Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,873
Supra- Let us know where you live and there is probably a member here who would be happy to go with you to inspect a car. Just another chance to drool over a car and hopefully provide some valuable input, too.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #27 of 35 Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Supra- Let us know where you live and there is probably a member here who would be happy to go with you to inspect a car. Just another chance to drool over a car and hopefully provide some valuable input, too.

Tazandjan, I'm located in Fort Dix, NJ. I'm actually going to a Car meet on April 20 in Cherry hill, NJ and meeting up with Dominic aka Ferris Bueller. I'll have a talk with him to see if he wants to go with me when the time comes. If he can't make it then another member is welcome to go with me.

post #28 of 35 Old 04-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,873
Supra- Dominic is very knowledgeable, especially about Maranellos, so should be a great help.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #29 of 35 Old 04-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Sounds good. Thanks Tazandjan
post #30 of 35 Old 04-09-2012, 09:04 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Wow.. I have been working in the car business now for 12 years.. I spend 60 hours a week dealing with cars, customers and financial companies... on my spare time I read car magazines, books and watch car programs... But I finally found a group of people that are "sicker" than me.. I actually feel normal and am amazed that there are people in the world that love and know cars more than me..
Oh and by the way, you are all right. That's what we do in dealeships of course.. upsell and downsell.. all depends what we have in stock...
One time I heard some one in the sale staff tell a customer that the corolla had won the World Rally Championship 7 years in a row... The damb thing never entered lol
post #31 of 35 Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Very good article... Gained a new respect for the 360
post #32 of 35 Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
I have a quick question on this article - it notes that Modenas in good condition with 10k miles should price in the $60-75k range. I have been looking pretty seriously for the last 6-9 months at 2002-2004 Modenas with roughly that mileage in what I would consider to be good condition. However, I would say the asking prices have been fairly consistent in the $89-99k range with a few modestly lower. And whenever I lob in a question about service records etc on those cheaper 360s, all of a sudden there is no further response (point being, maybe that's not a good condition car).

What am I missing - is this $60-75k estimate a different definition of good condition (maybe the article's point is that there are good cars available in this range - maybe just older models - - not necessarily representing reasonable prices for all years?) or am I expected to downbid sellers $25k for their cars (i would think i'd get very few return calls if that was the case)? I've generally assumed i'd be able to knock $5k off of ask prices, $10k if its been on the market for a while although i wouldn't be terribly concerned about $5-10k for the right car. But i don't want to be $25k high.

Thanks for any thoughts.
post #33 of 35 Old 04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcouling View Post
I have a quick question on this article - it notes that Modenas in good condition with 10k miles should price in the $60-75k range. I have been looking pretty seriously for the last 6-9 months at 2002-2004 Modenas with roughly that mileage in what I would consider to be good condition. However, I would say the asking prices have been fairly consistent in the $89-99k range with a few modestly lower. And whenever I lob in a question about service records etc on those cheaper 360s, all of a sudden there is no further response (point being, maybe that's not a good condition car).

What am I missing - is this $60-75k estimate a different definition of good condition (maybe the article's point is that there are good cars available in this range - maybe just older models - - not necessarily representing reasonable prices for all years?) or am I expected to downbid sellers $25k for their cars (i would think i'd get very few return calls if that was the case)? I've generally assumed i'd be able to knock $5k off of ask prices, $10k if its been on the market for a while although i wouldn't be terribly concerned about $5-10k for the right car. But i don't want to be $25k high.

Thanks for any thoughts.

I did not write that part nor do I sell cars so I do not keep up with the market but I would say from just a little looking around the the reality of prices is between Mike's and yours.

I don't know how or where you are shopping and that makes a difference. I find it quite common for example for owners and Ferrari franchise dealers to ask over market price. Independant brokers, and Mike is one, are often more realistic.

Last edited by Brian; 04-13-2012 at 11:33 AM.
post #34 of 35 Old 06-02-2012, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Thank you all!!!!

All of the posts were very helpful. After doing a lot of homework on my end, and being patient, i finaly bought the Blue 2003 Modena i was eyeing for $82,500. Comes with New clutch, Belts, Fluids, etc.. $5k in Service 100 miles ago. Got all road rash airbrushed out, 3M Clear Bra, and Scuderia Shields added in, but not put on car yet. Any comments on adding the shields? I think it enhances the look, but not sure since they are not original stamped in fender? The car is on its way from San Diego. It will be here next week!!

Last edited by RHS071; 06-02-2012 at 06:32 AM.
post #35 of 35 Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,335
Congratulations RHS, you're going to love that car. Be sure and post pictures of her when she arrives.

The shields are always a divisive topic - some love them, some do not. I have them on my Spider and think they really enhance the look.

The Yoshi shields are very thin and look factory unless you are looking very close. They are high quality and easy to install, just use 3M double-stick tape. It's available at most auto parts store. Removing them is just as easy with dental floss.

Getting the factory type installed and fenders recessed are very expensive, about $8000, but it can be done.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode