Ferrari F430 Help Needed Urgently - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Ferrari F430 Help Needed Urgently

Hi,

I am inquiring into a F430 that the current owner wants to sell quickly. He says that there have been no accidents, it's been fully maintained and is in excellent shape. The pictures look great but I wanted to see if anyone here knows of this car or may have information that would entice me to think twice.

2005 Ferrari F430 - 12,400 miles
VIN #: ZFFEW58A850143947

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Monnu
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
Monnu, Welcome to the site. Only a PPI will tell you what you really need to know about the car.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 18 Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks David,

It is great to finally be a part of the forum, it has a wealth of knowledge and the members are awesome.

I would definitely get a PPI done prior to purchase, but location for myself, the current owner and the car are a challenge (I'm in Vancouver, seller is in the Yukon and the car is in LA).

I called Ferrari of BH and their service person said the car is in good shape and well maintained. The seller also sent me a carfax for the car and it is good (do these have any significance when looking to purchase a Ferrari?).

Thanks again!

Monnu

post #4 of 18 Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
The Carfax can tell you a limited amount of data, such as how many owners its had. Not much else I'm afraid, they are far from complete histories. The owner should have ALL maintenance records, and a dealer can run a history of any dealer performed services.

I don't have experience with FoBH, but I'm sure the LA contingent will chime in. There are some good independants in LA, someone should be along shortly to recommend one for the PPI.

My only other advice at this stage is don't be in a hurry.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #5 of 18 Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by monnubains View Post
Thanks David,

It is great to finally be a part of the forum, it has a wealth of knowledge and the members are awesome.

I would definitely get a PPI done prior to purchase, but location for myself, the current owner and the car are a challenge (I'm in Vancouver, seller is in the Yukon and the car is in LA).

I called Ferrari of BH and their service person said the car is in good shape and well maintained. The seller also sent me a carfax for the car and it is good (do these have any significance when looking to purchase a Ferrari?).
Thanks again!

Monnu
Do you have a link to the add? Pretty hard to give you a value range without seeing color, condition, options, and accessories included.
post #6 of 18 Old 03-03-2012, 12:32 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 386
I, too, would like to see some pictures. But the picture you posted shows the VIN tag on the driver's side door jamb. The area surrounding the VIN tag appears to be painted Grigio Silverstone. However my database shows that this car, which was for sale in February, 2009, at Ferrari Beverly Hills, was then-advertised as red with black interior, large racing seats, red stitching, red tachometer, shields, red calipers, carbon ceramic brakes, 9,631 miles, and the asking price at the time was $150,000.

So was the car repainted? Inquiring minds want to know. Why does the current owner want to sell the car quickly? Is the asking price indicative of a fire sale? Does the seller include any information about the window sticker, luggage (if applicable), books, tools, service records, keys and key fobs, car cover, etc.?

Also, a clean CarFax report is just a reason to continue pursuing a car. It is in no way a substitute for a pre-purchase inspection - and a clean CarFax report should just be encouragement to get a PPI so that you can confirm that the report is accurate. I know of plenty of damaged Ferraris that come with clean-as-a-whistle CarFax reports.

Please keep us posted as I'm now very intrigued by this car.

I need an Aventador!
post #7 of 18 Old 03-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by monnubains View Post
Thanks David,

Thanks again!

Monnu
Should be to hard to find a good shop to do the PPI in LA. I am sure some of the LA based members can help.
post #8 of 18 Old 03-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Yes a link to the ad would help...is it a Spider or Coupe?
If Spider, chances are I may know the car as I live in Socal. Let us know
post #9 of 18 Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
Yes a link to the ad would help...is it a Spider or Coupe?
If Spider, chances are I may know the car as I live in Socal. Let us know
According to the VIN, it's a 2005 USA model Berlinetta.

I need an Aventador!
post #10 of 18 Old 03-03-2012, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help guys... the link to the ad is below, as is a link to the car's pictures he sent. The car is selling for a really cheap price ($75000) and I don't know if I want to invest much more time or money, to go down to LA and get a PPI done on the car, at this point.

I called the service department at FMoBH and they said the car was in great shape according to their service records over the last couple years. I think it may have some potential but again am not sure if I want to invest in that potential.

In a recent email the seller said this about the last service and what the car comes with: "the current mileage is 13,435. Last service work was completed about two months ago: new manifolds, new catalytic converter, new clutch, new headliner and also fresh oil change. Unfortunately I can't make the deal in person due to my job. The car will comes with all the documents including owner's manual, maintenance records, clean title and bill of sale signed by me and also with the tool kit, cover and all keys."

He also states that his preference is to go through eBay motors for the sale and anyone interested in buying the car would have 7 days from an offer made to inspect and test drive the vehicle.

craigslist | Thanks for flagging.

Photo Album - Imgur

Hope this helps with deciphering if there is inconsistencies with the car... it is strange that a record showed it originally being completely different from what the seller has described.
post #11 of 18 Old 03-04-2012, 01:03 AM

Monnu, this is a total scam. I hope you're the one who flagged the Craig's List ad, and I hope you're not even considering pursuing this alleged sale.

I need an Aventador!
post #12 of 18 Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Another reason this site is priceless to users. Sorry to hear about the scam, some things really are too good to be true. Props to the "seller" for some pretty thorough work though.

"Your car goes where your eyes go."
post #13 of 18 Old 03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
way to go enzo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134282 View Post
Monnu, this is a total scam. I hope you're the one who flagged the Craig's List ad, and I hope you're not even considering pursuing this alleged sale.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #14 of 18 Old 03-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
An F430 for $75k, think that says it all. Does it even have tires?
post #15 of 18 Old 03-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
An F430 for $75k, think that says it all. Does it even have tires?
No joke. As soon as you see that price, move on, it is not right.
post #16 of 18 Old 05-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 80
Not only is the price a total tip off that this is a scam, but so is the fact that the car is not located where the supposed owner currently resides.
post #17 of 18 Old 05-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Sorry about the scam: I can see it now...."bring cash cause I'm in a hurry, but my friends will help with your indoctrination..."

sorry, I do NOT trust anything on Craig's list.

Not your fault Monnubains, but I'd stick with persons on this or other rep sites or dealers.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 05-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.
post #18 of 18 Old 05-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
My suspicions started when the car lacked any resemblance to the car Carbon described as being assiciated with the VIN. Good to see the scam foiled in this case.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode