360 CS - red or black? - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
360 CS - red or black?

Getting close to purchasing a 360 CS and have two to choose from. Have viewed a Rosso Corso with 24'000 km. private sale 2 owners. Generally good condition although I would have front resprayed because of stone chips and a scrapped bumper plus refurb a couple of wheels. Would also have detailed ppi. All in I am expecting to pay CHF 105'000.

Was discussing the car with my local specialist as they had done service with cam belts in Sep 2011. They have brought to my attention an interesting alternative. Have a customer with a black CS that will be for sale in March. Car currently in Austria (although Swiss car) and will be transported back for sale. Has less than 1000 km on the clock (journey from Switzerland to Austria accounts for 350 km of that). It had a service with cam belts in 2010 but not sure if anything else has been done. Price expected to be CHF 125'000.

I did want a red car but black looks good too and is different. Having an as new car does appeal. Thoughts?
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Personally I think I'd prefer the Rosso Corsa for colour. I can see the attraction of a practically new CS but I'd be a little worried that it's lack of use over many years could present problems for it's new owner.

If the red one checked out with a clean PPI and it's in the colour you originally wanted, and CHF 20k cheaper, I think I'd be leaning towards that.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Personally I think I'd prefer the Rosso Corsa for colour. I can see the attraction of a practically new CS but I'd be a little worried that it's lack of use over many years could present problems for it's new owner.

If the red one checked out with a clean PPI and it's in the colour you originally wanted, and CHF 20k cheaper, I think I'd be leaning towards that.
That is my current thinking but still tempted by the black one.
 
 
post #4 of 19 Old 02-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Black does look good on a CS. Lack of use is a concern and I would highlight it as part of any offer. I would be tempted to fly up to Austria, see the car, if good make an offer and drive it back myself.... if I where in your position.
Boxer is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Black does look good on a CS. Lack of use is a concern and I would highlight it as part of any offer. I would be tempted to fly up to Austria, see the car, if good make an offer and drive it back myself.... if I where in your position.
Car is in Austria but owner is in Singapore so not sure I can see it in advance of it being transported back to Switzerland. Before I can use it in Switzerland it has to go through the Swiss MOT, which is much more intensive than the UK equivalent so would be happy to have the dealer sort that. I am concerned about lack of miles. Worry that it will fly through ppi but will give me problems when I start to use it.
 
post #6 of 19 Old 02-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
Car is in Austria but owner is in Singapore so not sure I can see it in advance of it being transported back to Switzerland. Before I can use it in Switzerland it has to go through the Swiss MOT, which is much more intensive than the UK equivalent so would be happy to have the dealer sort that. I am concerned about lack of miles. Worry that it will fly through ppi but will give me problems when I start to use it.
I would go black no question about it - with or without the stripe it's appealing.

The lack of miles I could live with - the interior and exterior will reflect a less used car.

The mechanics can always be fixed - you can't go wrong either way.

Did I mention a Stradale in black is one of the best looking cars ever!
champagne612 is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
Red car currently out of the picture. Seller had neglected to say that at the last service the dealer had advised him to have the rear discs replaced because of cracks. He didn't do so and the cost of replacement plus respraying the front and tidying up a couple of wheels would be around CHF 13'000. Seller wouldn't move on price which would make the car CHF 118'000. For CHF 7'000 more the black car seems much better value.

Unfortunately, I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to see it Although I have first refusal to buy it
 
post #8 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
Red car currently out of the picture. Seller had neglected to say that at the last service the dealer had advised him to have the rear discs replaced because of cracks. He didn't do so and the cost of replacement plus respraying the front and tidying up a couple of wheels would be around CHF 13'000. Seller wouldn't move on price which would make the car CHF 118'000. For CHF 7'000 more the black car seems much better value.

Unfortunately, I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to see it Although I have first refusal to buy it
I know some guys switched backed to steel brakes.

Good Luck either way.
champagne612 is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I've PM'd you my answer already Schnellmann, but a couple of shots to give you an impression of black. These photo's were mostly taken by my friends Phan Vu Nguyen and Peter Terpstra, both fantastic photographers. The car was owned by a friend of mine. Originally it did not have the stripe, but he added it later. I particularly liked the completely black interior. Normally it doesn't work, but in this case all the different textures matched very well. A great car.

But I also love the yellow CS of another friend. The sliding perspex windows were only done on the first CS's.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Images
                   

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I liked this shot as well.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Images
 

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #11 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
Black does look lovely in those photos. I really like yellow as well. Actually, not sure I've seen a colour in which the CS doesn't look good!
 
post #12 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
 
Mike430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
Red car currently out of the picture.
Sorry to hear the red CS is not an option anymore - the CS does look good in quite a few colours I must say

If not red, then black is the next best colour
Attached Images
   
Mike430 is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Some great pics. Beautiful in any colour.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
If not red, then black is the next best colour
Second pic is of course also a car I know.


Onno

P.S. Going through a car wash? Really????



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Going through a car wash? Really????
Never even noticed the car wash

I'm sure he just reversed up to it...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
There are a couple of other red CSs I am going to look at whilst I wait for the black one to arrive at the dealers. I think I am going to find it hard to wait the 4 to 6 weeks as have been waiting 40 years to buy my first Ferrari and now that I have got (fought for!) permission from my wife, have managed to get a neighbor to rent me an extra parking space and have decided which car to buy I'm pretty desperate to do the deal! Of course, couldn't drive it at the moment as the weather here in Switzerland not good at the moment - but now I have a parking spot in our underground car park I could just sit and look at it
 
post #17 of 19 Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellmann View Post
There are a couple of other red CSs I am going to look at whilst I wait for the black one to arrive at the dealers. I think I am going to find it hard to wait the 4 to 6 weeks as have been waiting 40 years to buy my first Ferrari and now that I have got (fought for!) permission from my wife, have managed to get a neighbor to rent me an extra parking space and have decided which car to buy I'm pretty desperate to do the deal! Of course, couldn't drive it at the moment as the weather here in Switzerland not good at the moment - but now I have a parking spot in our underground car park I could just sit and look at it
Take your time and find the right one. Rushing into a purchase is something you will regret later. As hard as it is at times, patience is key to a good Ferrari ownership experience.
Boxer is offline  
post #18 of 19 Old 02-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Schnellmann
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Take your time and find the right one. Rushing into a purchase is something you will regret later. As hard as it is at times, patience is key to a good Ferrari ownership experience.
Wise words. Although patience not one of my better qualities so a bit difficult.

I saw a red CS at an official F dealer this morning:15'000 km, one owner, will be sold with service/cambelts, new tyres all round and F Power warranty (that I could extend for another year as car is from 10/2004). Dealer came down to CHF 130'000. Seems like a fair price for a dealer car and I am attracted by the warranty.
 
post #19 of 19 Old 02-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I think the main thing is to find the right car. The first one can be the right one: my first Ferrari was the first 550 I ran into and I even purchased it sight unseen from Africa! I wouldn't recommend this approach as a general rule, but a) the car was well known with good mileage (not too much, not too little), b) I got excellent reports on the independent that was selling it, c) I got some of my Ferrari mates to inspect it and they all came back with positive reports, d) from the photos I got a very good feeling about this car.

Similarly, the first 330GTC I saw was also the one that ended up in my garage. She just spoke to me. Everything was right about that car. I did go and look at another one but there was no contest really.

So, all I am saying is: the car must speak to you. If you're 100% happy, it's the one for you, doesn't matter if it is the first one. Just make sure you do the proper checks.

The red one of this morning does sound good, although I usually find the Power Warranty very expensive. I think you should ask what the car would cost without the warranty. Don't forget that it only covers the power train, and almost NEVER does something go wrong with that, especially since it has only 15k on the clock. So unless you bin the transmission in the next year, it is wasted money.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale