1996 Ferrari 355 Berlinetta - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 Old 12-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
I have 2 porsches a turbo 07 and a 05 turbo S, RS4 audi but just feel empty with out having a ferrari in the corral, I should have never drove that F430 LOL I never knew that i have such an adicting personality. any way any one out there can tell me if they pass to this i am passing by, what is the best should i get a 355 and just keep it in the garage more or should i just blow it and get a 430 and dont be so terfify of driving the car.
I know i am going to drive the God out of the car i just know it i love to drive my cars .
Thank you to all that have help me with info, you really make it easy on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedovatti View Post
I just have a F430 look in florida and the mechanic found a few things that are making me worried the car is for sale for 130 is a 06 with 10500 miles and in pictures looks clean but the mechanic told me it will need a cluch very soon plus something with the exaust?
I am broken i really love the car but just to find out about the problems it make me feel i should just wait for something with very few miles and only one owner> will that make the car better?
I really will like the 430 more than the 355 but just the lines and color of the 355 are incredible, is just like when i kiss a girl for the first time i just cant forget about it.
just really concern with what my friends are telling me, i will end expending so much more on fixing it? than the 430.
Clutches are wear items and do need ot be replaced. I would just factor it into the price of the car. On the exhaust, really depends on what the issue is. Is it a OEM exhaust?
post #23 of 29 Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Owner

i found a 355, i am going to get a ppi on and see.

I have been on the net every day looking for the perfect car, I found a f355 in florida I will be back in land on the 16 of this month so i am thinking about driving to florida to go look at it, It seems the car was pamper and have all the record from 80miles to 16,500 miles and have a major bells change on 11/09 and they just put 1500miles on after the service.
Why the bell have been change i was under impression you change this at 33,000 miles or 3 years wish will be coming soon?
the Interior looks very clean.
All electrical and mechanical is in order.
I am worried because I read it has 5 owners before dealer got it, is this a concern?
The price they asking is $ 69 so is a bit high, I think? but i guess they know what they have in their hands, I will be happy to pay more for something that will not give me problems after i drive off the dealer.
the car is about 950miles from where i live, i was thinking about driving the car back is this a bad idea?
I dont want to wait for the trasportation truck to deliver the car 2 weeks later; if i get it, lol. As a child I never waited for Santa! ever, I olways got up before any one els and open presents, I have a feeling this will be the same.
Can some one please help me out with any input you can give me in all this matters.
I will really apreaciated. next week i will be home and the only thing in my mind is a ferrari f430 or f355.
I will express the crazyness on this, I have cash my 401k to buy a car, LOL
I never like goverment in control of my retirement any way... i have other assets i am depending on, here i come ferrari! any way they say the world will end next year so i want to have one before 2012 get here.LOL
I have a feeling i will not regreat my desision.
Thank you for the help.

post #24 of 29 Old 01-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Owner

Ciao to overy one that help me to jump into my dream.
I got a F430 Red with 10,000 miles I got it in florida and drove the car 1,000 miles back home with my 12 year old son, It was so such an experience for me and him.
I hope i have change something on him I remember when my father change his maserrati and got a lambo and drove me home with him.
It was a unforgatable experince i hope I have done that same for him.
My girlfriend was mad as a crazy goat! But my son was smiling all the way home,
I have to leave the USA and go to work my brother back in the states when to clean the car today and the battery is dead only 10 day later after i left.
where is the batter? how can i charge it? what is goin on?
I have some fun cars but this car is the most intoxication thing i have ever drove.
when i died i am not going to be place in a wood box, I want to be place in a ferrari.
can some one help me with the battery problems i have .
post #25 of 29 Old 01-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Clutches are wear items and do need ot be replaced. I would just factor it into the price of the car. On the exhaust, really depends on what the issue is. Is it a OEM exhaust?
Hola boxer i got a f430 Thank you so much for all your help.
now the battery is dead, lol i dont care i love that car with passion.
post #26 of 29 Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Welcome to FL

Why not split the baby and buy a 360? Good value for the money these days and may cost you less to maintain than a 355.
Hola my friend i hope you are well, thank you for all the help.
I got crazy and got a f430 with 10000 miles and drove the car from florida to home and with was a dream.
Thank you very much for all the help
post #27 of 29 Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Ciao Luigi, benvenuto a Ferrari Life. Ho un 360 Spider e sono d'accordo con Alfonso.

I faced the same decision as you. I love the classic lines of the 355 and they are fully depreciated now. I also drove the 430 in Maranello, and while I liked it, I preferred the 360 much more.

The deciding factors were: 1) I liked the looks of the 360 better than the 430, and 2) it is cheaper to maintain than the 355.

Tuttavia, non potete fare un errore con c' ne delle macchine! Vittoria!!
ciao Killer i got a f430 with 10,000 miles thank you very much for all your help.
this car is so lovely
thank you very much for all your help.
post #28 of 29 Old 01-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedovatti View Post
Hola boxer i got a f430 Thank you so much for all your help.
now the battery is dead, lol i dont care i love that car with passion.
Congratulations. The 430 is a great car and StefVan is our inhouse expert on 430s. Any questions and I am sure he can answer.

One recommendation, get a good battery tender and plug it in whenever the car is parked in the garage.
post #29 of 29 Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode