Ferrari 456M GTA Alarm immobiliser - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2017, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Ferrari 456M GTA Alarm immobiliser

Hello,
As a new member of this forum, i'll introduce myself asap.
I just bought my first 1999 456M GTA, with a problem...
The car does not have any keyfobs and thus the immobiliser can't be deactivated. I do have 2 keys but the 4 digit pin for manually deactivating the immobiliser was lost a long time ago, as it is an 4 owner car, imported from the USA to the Netherlands. My question: Is there a way to solve the problem with the car? I've done my research and I know there are companies such as Immofixer who can retrieve the PIN of the car, but I doubt the credibility of this company. Does anyone have any experience with this company?
I've read quite a few threads about this already but can't figure out what the best solution in my case is.
Any kind of help would be appreciated.
Kind regards,
Sonny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,200
Sonny I can put you in touch with a friend in Arkansas who had his immobiliser bypassed by ECU Doctors in Florida. It wasn't without problems initially, because my buddy's ECU's were the guinea pigs, but I think all problems have been ironed out now. Best to talk to him about it, however.

Just a question - if you have no fobs, how are you moving the car around and/or driving it?

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Immofixer has proven to be very reliable. Have you seen reports stating otherwise? I have not.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-25-2017, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
Sonny I can put you in touch with a friend in Arkansas who had his immobiliser bypassed by ECU Doctors in Florida. It wasn't without problems initially, because my buddy's ECU's were the guinea pigs, but I think all problems have been ironed out now. Best to talk to him about it, however.

Just a question - if you have no fobs, how are you moving the car around and/or driving it?

For now I don't drive the car. I spoke to the previous owner today and he handed me 2 little steel keyrings with the PIN written on them and 2 fobs, a red and black one. I went to try it on the car but the battery was dead so I'll get a new battery tomorrow and try.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-25-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Immofixer has proven to be very reliable. Have you seen reports stating otherwise? I have not.
I have not, but I somebody in another thread said something along the lines that these guys didnt know what they were doing so thats why I just wanted to check if somebody had any previous experience with them just to be sure.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode