Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Ferrari Knowledge Base (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ferrari-knowledge-base/)
-   -   Ferrari 456M GTA Alarm immobiliser (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ferrari-knowledge-base/55658-ferrari-456m-gta-alarm.html)

456MGTA 02-24-2017 06:00 AM

Ferrari 456M GTA Alarm immobiliser

Hello,
As a new member of this forum, i'll introduce myself asap.
I just bought my first 1999 456M GTA, with a problem...
The car does not have any keyfobs and thus the immobiliser can't be deactivated. I do have 2 keys but the 4 digit pin for manually deactivating the immobiliser was lost a long time ago, as it is an 4 owner car, imported from the USA to the Netherlands. My question: Is there a way to solve the problem with the car? I've done my research and I know there are companies such as Immofixer who can retrieve the PIN of the car, but I doubt the credibility of this company. Does anyone have any experience with this company?
I've read quite a few threads about this already but can't figure out what the best solution in my case is.
Any kind of help would be appreciated.
Kind regards,
Sonny

cribbj 02-24-2017 08:56 AM

Sonny I can put you in touch with a friend in Arkansas who had his immobiliser bypassed by ECU Doctors in Florida. It wasn't without problems initially, because my buddy's ECU's were the guinea pigs, but I think all problems have been ironed out now. Best to talk to him about it, however.

Just a question - if you have no fobs, how are you moving the car around and/or driving it?

tazandjan 02-24-2017 12:12 PM

Immofixer has proven to be very reliable. Have you seen reports stating otherwise? I have not.

456MGTA 02-25-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cribbj (Post 710122)
Sonny I can put you in touch with a friend in Arkansas who had his immobiliser bypassed by ECU Doctors in Florida. It wasn't without problems initially, because my buddy's ECU's were the guinea pigs, but I think all problems have been ironed out now. Best to talk to him about it, however.

Just a question - if you have no fobs, how are you moving the car around and/or driving it?

For now I don't drive the car. I spoke to the previous owner today and he handed me 2 little steel keyrings with the PIN written on them and 2 fobs, a red and black one. I went to try it on the car but the battery was dead so I'll get a new battery tomorrow and try.

456MGTA 02-25-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazandjan (Post 710130)
Immofixer has proven to be very reliable. Have you seen reports stating otherwise? I have not.

I have not, but I somebody in another thread said something along the lines that these guys didnt know what they were doing so thats why I just wanted to check if somebody had any previous experience with them just to be sure.