Celebration Sweden Grand Prix, Kristianstad 1956 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Celebration Sweden Grand Prix, Kristianstad 1956

Hi!

Welcome to South Sweden this summer! 7-10 July we celebrate 60th anniversary of the Sweden Grand Prix, Kristianstad 1956 which was a great succes for Ferrari. 1-2 and 3 place where all Ferraris! Winner M. Trintignant/P. Hill in a Ferrari 290 MM. The image shows Eugenio Castellotti in a Ferrari 860 Monza, he shared with Fangio which had to cancel the race due to engine failure.

We organize a Rally that will take you through Sweden’s southernmost province along less-travelled roads. On our third day the Tour merge with the Concours de Course at the old road circuit at the Råbelöv mansion where the Sweden Grand Prix ́s were held 1955-57.

The event is open for cars of the type that raced Sweden GP, Kristianstad between 1955-57 and faithful replicas, or other vehicles visiting the race back then. Later production of models presented 1957 as well.

Best Regards, Örjan Åberg, org. Vram Grand Prix

Invitation: http://www.tourdescania.se/pdf/Invit...e%20Course.pdf
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 06:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orjan VGP View Post
Hi!

Welcome to South Sweden this summer! 7-10 July we celebrate 60th anniversary of the Sweden Grand Prix, Kristianstad 1956 which was a great succes for Ferrari. 1-2 and 3 place where all Ferraris! Winner M. Trintignant/P. Hill in a Ferrari 290 MM. The image shows Eugenio Castellotti in a Ferrari 860 Monza, he shared with Fangio which had to cancel the race due to engine failure.

We organize a Rally that will take you through Sweden’s southernmost province along less-travelled roads. On our third day the Tour merge with the Concours de Course at the old road circuit at the Råbelöv mansion where the Sweden Grand Prix ́s were held 1955-57.

The event is open for cars of the type that raced Sweden GP, Kristianstad between 1955-57 and faithful replicas, or other vehicles visiting the race back then. Later production of models presented 1957 as well.

Wonderful, Orjan! I actually watched Fangio and Castellotti win the 1956 Sebring 12 Hours in that car.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
post #3 of 7 Old 04-25-2016, 07:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 399
Seth,
I can do you better. I have 2 yes 2 , one blue and one white tee-shirt with Fangio on it! All kidding aside, I also have a 1956 190SL which needed some body work a few years back. I couldn't find a shop that wanted to work on it and finally found an old Argentinian who fixed it beautifully. The man told me he had seen Fangio race in Argentina. To this day I feel lucky to have met someone who actually saw the Maestro race.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,

post #4 of 7 Old 06-04-2016, 01:05 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
wonderful
post #5 of 7 Old 06-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orjan VGP View Post
Hi!

sounds like a really great event. Your pic actually shows Fangio at the wheel, and not Castellotti.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-17-2016, 10:52 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Garage
Read the pdf, sounds awesome! Too bad my oldest car is an '83 Benz....oh well, maybe for the 70th anniversary...

Наздраве, Цветан!
post #7 of 7 Old 07-05-2016, 06:07 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
one word..amazing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode