Road Trip - Assistance Please - Page 5 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 85 Old 04-11-2015, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Stay home ya daft jock. dont want to show you up in the SOF with your bad driving again!
Bring it on.

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 85 Old 04-11-2015, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Peter thanks for the picture of you in your new kilt.... It suits you

Ouch, did you seriously have to soil my thread with a selfie of yourself, ffs man that's disgusting you EEJIT!

Great to see you're warming up in anticipation of our sparring Bro, keep practicing our route, you've had almost 2 years solo practice without me there to perfect it, so you should know every bend. I just know you're gonna push so hard this time in your 458A that you'll end up flying past me sideways into a rock face or the Armco you mad Englush eejit, oh for sure I'll be whipping my Cali 30 steed for all she's worth trying to playing catch up, talk about you taking a machine gun to a conker fight......still, I suppose its only fair as you previously needed an advantage, but now its soooo huge I'm really inclined to give up now, you top trumping Scud owning cheat, tell you what I'll take Monica, your standard 458 & we'll be even when you combine bhp & skill, you game???

Really looking forward to seeing you & your 458A in a few months. She's a modern day version of my beloved Blu Abu Dhabi 16M & I'll be very interested to see & note the differences drive, as my 16M was raw & I could keep her honest all day long over any conditions, as I say Im interested as this could be the comparison verdict all Scuderia guys have been wondering!

PS, Still loving that Scotia Blu colour buddy, just remember I started the Blu Convertible Stripped out Ltd Ed craze as my 16M was the 1st 16M registered in UK, so Im sorry to say whilst copying is the sincerest form of flattery my little Bro.....looks like you're coming home 2nd past the finish flag yet again, haha!

Guys, Im pulling his lanky legs, is he gonna bite???

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

Last edited by Scottish16M; 04-12-2015 at 04:06 AM.
post #83 of 85 Old 04-11-2015, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiescher View Post
I like to add my 2 cents to this.

First, I 100% agree on not going the Route Napoleon, go the little roads beside it. Why?

Then the Verdun area in France:

If you go to Saint Tropez, do not miss the "Venice of France" Port Grimaud:

Anyway, it is interesting inside, we got a private factory tour and visited the museum.

...and of course, just go around the Italian Lakes a bit, this should be Largo di Garda or Largo Maggiore.

If you need any further information I need to dig in my in memory a bit more, the trip was 6 years ago.....
Hi Bjoern

Welcome to Europe & the Forum

Thank you very much for your post, very much appreciate you chipping in, if you're planning a visit July or August to any of the areas I'll be in and it coincides with us being there too I'll buy you a big glass of beer!

After spending 20 plus summers staying in Côte d'Azur & Provence its an area that's very familiar to me. Habsy & I have enjoyed many spirited drives over the areas well known majestic roads.

You mentioned Gorges du Verdun, there's a fantastic hotel not too far away from It if you or anyone else is visiting nearby, highly recommended for a peaceful romantic weekend with your Wife, GF or Mistress, here's the link hhttp://www.couventdesminimes-hotelspa.com

When Paul & I go to the Gorges du Verdun area we usually break for lunch or a coffee at Castellane just off Route Napoleon. If you're in the area again from Cannes, head to Castellane on the D6085 (Route Napoleon), once you reach Castellane take the right turn onto D102, pass the lake (on your left side) onto D955, D6202 & finally M6202 to Nice. This will take you on just about every racetrack known to man, hairpins, fast sweepers & some long straights, if you can't exercise your Ferrari's long legs on this route Im at a loss where you can, good 2-3 hours round trip from Cannes.

I also stayed for a few months on Lake Garda & am definitely returning to this area as the scenery is spectacular, as are many of the resorts that abound all of the lakes. I also know my hairs will stand on edge when I hear my V8 engine sing sonorously bouncing off the surrounding rock faces that surround the area, can't wait....

I also put together 2 Factory Tours on here that many of our FL friends went on, last one was 2013 when Habsy graciously let me borrow & spank his V12 FF on a return trip from Cannes to Maranello, Taking in Factory Trips to Ferrari, Maserati & Lamborghini to take 3 of the FLifers when he unfortunately couldn't join due to workload - as a result I bought my FF - I also gave him a speeding ticket present which arrived in his post some 6 months later, he was a tad p*ssed when it was for under 200kph, given he knew we had enjoyed 300+, think his pride & reputation got dented as Paul & I know only one speed for everything in life & that's flat out. We've only got one life so live it guys!

Last edited by Scottish16M; 04-12-2015 at 04:15 AM.

post #84 of 85 Old 04-12-2015, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

ROUTES FINALISED & HOTELS BOOKED

Thank you, thank you & again thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, we finalised our route & all hotels were booked by last night. We removed a few destinations & added in a few replacements thanks to you guys!

Our tour includes visits to the following 5 European Countries & over 5,000 smiles!

Obviously, on an open forum I won't be too specific, so this'll give you a flavour of what you helped us to schedule.

France....
Pau - held the 1st race to be called a Gran Prix in 1901, be rude not to visit the area!
Carcassone - Unesco World Heritage Walled City
Aix-en-Provence & area
Côte d'Azur & Provence

Monaco....
Monte Carlo (of course) Paul start your engine!

Switzerland....
Geneva
Lake Lucerne
Zurich
Ischgl
Davos
St Moritz
As many Passes as I can drive including; Stelvio, Silvretta, Resio, Umbrail (highest Swiss Pass), Ofen, Fuella, San Bernardo & retracing the Top Gear Best Driving Road in Europe, Davos to Stelvio Pass and heading to Italian Lakes. Here's the link of that road in Top Gear's Episode http://youtu.be/lUF-N8BsBmU

Italy....
Italian Lakes - Garda & Como
Venice
Pisa
Bolonga
Maranello - (Factory Visit already booked & Ferrari are between races, so hoping the cars & guys are in the F1 areas as a few years ago, around same time, I met Alonso & Massa there and a few of us enjoyed a meal with Alonso etal at Montana Restaurante)
Forte Dei Marmi
Florence
Siena
Lucca
Rome
Pompeii

Spain...
Alicante - beautiful Old Town full of Traditional Spanish Tapas Bars.
Cordoba - reputedly stunning!
Madrid - Spanish capital.
Girona - old world Spanish Charm near Barcelona.
Teruel - traditional Spanish old town which leads a sinewy route over Pyranees into France.
Costa del Sol - Marbella, Puerto Banus & Ronda.

Shaped up to be a great way to celebrate my wife's 50th, thanks for your input guys & whilst Im sure by the end we might very well be craving our own food, bed & swimming pool, it'll be a trip by Ferrari we'll hopefully always remember for all the best of reasons. Hoping to meet up with some of you on our travels.

Grazie un Milione di Amici

Last edited by Scottish16M; 04-13-2015 at 12:03 PM.
post #85 of 85 Old 04-13-2015, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode