SF Bay Area Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-29-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 162
SF Bay Area Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month

In a desperate attempt to entice Ben to bring his sparkly new LaFerrari to the January 2015 Blackhawk Automotive Museum Cars & Coffee, which is just a few days away, and because we don't have a thread explaining just how well suited the event is for Ben’s LaFerrari :-), I thought I’d post some info.

The Blackhawk Automotive Museum is located in the San Francisco East Bay (Danville) and is associated with the Smithsonian Institute. The event is from 8:00AM to 10:00 AM on the first Sunday of each month and is supervised by museum docents. There is no pre-registration or entry fee: just show up. If you have an interesting car (and the definition of that is very liberal), you can park with the pack. When there, most people just wander around and oogle cars. There is always some crazy stuff that comes. You can come and go as you please. The coffee pot has a donation jar beside it.

Here is a link to their website:
Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee Website

They post photos from past events on their Facebook page:
Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee Facebook Page

Here is a pin on Google maps showing exactly how to get to the museum:
Location of Blackhawk Museum

These sorts of events wax and wain in popularity. Currently the Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee is in a heyday. Their Facebook page says they’ve topped 600 cars in past months. It is pretty awesome. There is always lots of Italian metal. 2015 looks like a good year, but nothing lasts forever. If you live anywhere near the San Francisco Bay Area, you gotta come; this is a great event.

This thread might also be a good place to post photos of any LaFerraris attending the Blackhawk C&C, or photos any other car there for that matter.

Here is my favorite pic of my car so far surrounded by older and younger siblings. It was taken a little over a year ago (Oct 2013) shortly after the formal end where many cars had already left.
Attached Images

1983 308 GTS Quattrovalvole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-30-2014, 10:31 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Nice and well thought out parking job. I"ll keep it in mind not sure I will make it this time.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
In a desperate attempt to entice Ben to bring his sparkly new LaFerrari to the January 2015 Blackhawk Automotive Museum Cars & Coffee..........The Blackhawk Automotive Museum is located in the San Francisco East Bay (Danville) and is associated with the Smithsonian Institute. The event is from 8:00AM to 10:00 AM on the first Sunday of each month and is supervised by museum docents. Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee Facebook Page ..............

Oh, now you've gone and done it, Brian. Taking me back almost twenty years when my 365GTC prototipi was on loan to the Blackhawk for almost a year, then went down to the Petersen for its Ferrari at 50 exhibition at which Ferrari introduced the 550 Maranello. The Blackhawk was over the top. My GTC was placed beside a custom one-off Pegaso Z-102b, the 'Thrill' berlinetta created, if I recall correctly, for Francisco Franco's daughter.

Here are photos of my car, Piero Ferrari and me at the Petersen, and two of the Pegaso Thrill.

I spent the last 18 months of my Navy service at N.A.S. Alameda; wish Blackhawk had had Cars and Coffee back then! Next time I'm in the Bay area on a Sunday morning.............
Attached Images

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Last edited by intrepid; 12-30-2014 at 11:46 AM.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-31-2014, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
Oh, now you've gone and done it, Brian. Taking me back almost twenty years when my 365GTC prototipi was on loan to the Blackhawk for almost a year...
Here are photos of my car, Piero Ferrari and me ...
Wow! Very cool. Wished I had seen your car. They currently (or at least did 6 months ago) have two large private collections of Ferraris on the main floor which were very interesting to see.

I assume "prototipi" means "prototype". Is your car substantially different from a 'standard' 365 GTC? If Piero Ferrari is interested, it must be pretty darned special.

1983 308 GTS Quattrovalvole
post #5 of 5 Old 12-31-2014, 06:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Wow! Very cool. Wished I had seen your car. They currently (or at least did 6 months ago) have two large private collections of Ferraris on the main floor which were very interesting to see.

I assume "prototipi" means "prototype". Is your car substantially different from a 'standard' 365 GTC? If Piero Ferrari is interested, it must be pretty darned special.

Brian, the factory build sheets show it was started as a standard 330GTC in October 1967; during fabrication Leopoldo Pirelli, Chairman and CEO of Pirelli S.p.A., called his friend Enzo Ferrari to order a GTC. Enzo ordered the installation of a Typ245 4.4 liter engine that made it a 365GTC, as the plate in the engine bay shows. Pirelli had Campagnolo create custom hand-forged 15" wheels, the first five-star mag wheels on any production Ferrari. I bought it from Luigi Chinetti Sr in 1978. Nereo Iori, Chinetti's top NART racing mechanic, did a complete mechanical restoration in the early 1980s and Bill deCarr and Lyle Tanner a metal-up respray and new interior in the late 80s.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode