Ferrari track day, KYALAMI - RSA - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 07-15-2012, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 357
Ferrari track day, KYALAMI - RSA

Got some snapshots of the Ferrari track day at Kyalami - JHB

Those who couldn't make it on Saturday including myself, enjoy...

thanks Jesse ! <Testarossa - RSA>
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 439
Hi

I went past twice on Saturday, first with my wife and daughters - they weren't over the moon with the excursion!!! we walked around a bit but it was a bit cold for them so we then parked the car at turn 2 to watch for 15 minutes.

I then came back at 4:30 in the Diablo. Got a nice pic of a transporter with the toys parked on it and then got a pic of the Diablo with the F40 - my favorite car of all time. They are from similar eras and look great together.

The dude in between the cars is Mr Mike430!!!

There were some interesting cars there. One of the prettiest was a 308 GTB glassfibre that had decals on it that gave a Michellotto look - I watched it being thrown into turns 3 and 4 - it looked great. The white 599 GTO was also very cool - parked next to a white Scuderia.

Mike - do you have any other pics?
Attached Images

Current: '81 308 GTSi; '81 Porsche 911 Turbo, '70 Porsche 911E, '94 Lamborghini Diablo VT; '00 Porsche 996 GT3; '07 Aston Martin Vantage
Past:
Ferrari: '81 308 GTSi
Porsche: '68 911S; '73 911 RS Rep; '81 911SC; '84 Carrera; '87 928S4;
Other: '04 Subaru WRX
post #3 of 28 Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
Hi

I went past twice on Saturday, first with my wife and daughters - they weren't over the moon with the excursion!!! we walked around a bit but it was a bit cold for them so we then parked the car at turn 2 to watch for 15 minutes.

I then came back at 4:30 in the Diablo. Got a nice pic of a transporter with the toys parked on it and then got a pic of the Diablo with the F40 - my favorite car of all time. They are from similar eras and look great together.

There were some interesting cars there. One of the prettiest was a 308 GTB glassfibre that had decals on it that gave a Michellotto look - I watched it being thrown into turns 3 and 4 - it looked great. The white 599 GTO was also very cool - parked next to a white Scuderia.

Hi Mike ( I'll call you "Oom" next time)

We arrived there at about 2 and left at 3 .
I saw a pic on the net of your diablo and the f40 together, I think you'd like to have a look at it, very nice photography it's a perfect pic for a wallpaper

Regards
Jesse

post #4 of 28 Old 07-16-2012, 05:29 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
Hi

Hi guys,

It was a great day with loads of cars there, definitely one of the busiest Ferrari Days in years. The weather wasn't great and some parts of the day it just got so cold with the wind. Never been to a Ferrari Day where the weather was like that, normally it's good weather.

Everything went smoothly throughout the day considering how busy the pit lane was. The only bad thing that happened was a Daytona and 458 Spider making contact with one another on the track. Damage isn't too serious though, luckily enough, and came down to some dents and paint coming off the cars and the 458 Spider's one rim as the rims where recently painted black.

Went for a nice drive in Mike's Diablo. The car in person looks and sounds great. Thanks for that Mike.

As for the pics, my mate took a few and he'll send them to me soon and I'll post them up on the forum. Mike, he has some of the Diablo which I'll PM them to you.

In the mean time here is an aerial shot of the cars there, which was not all of them as you can see long down the pit lane there are some more models there and to the right of the pic was a parking lot that also had a good bunch of Ferraris parked there.

Unfortunately you cant see the F40's, all of the Challenge cars including an owners Kessel Racing 430 GT car, nor the 599 GTO that were there. They should of been up front with the F50 and 250 GTM.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike430; 07-16-2012 at 07:28 AM.
post #5 of 28 Old 07-16-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa-RSA View Post
Hi Mike ( I'll call you "Oom" next time)

We arrived there at about 2 and left at 3 .
I saw a pic on the net of your diablo and the f40 together, I think you'd like to have a look at it, very nice photography it's a perfect pic for a wallpaper

Regards
Jesse
Hey Jesse,

Are you talking about this F40 Diablo pic posted on Carforums by MALDiVs GP? This is the mate I mentioned above who took the pics and will be sending them to me.

That's me on the left in the red jacket and Mike on the right with the black jacket
Attached Images

post #6 of 28 Old 07-16-2012, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Guys, thanks for the extra pics, if you have more please show us !

here's a few more...

cheers
Johnny
Attached Images

post #7 of 28 Old 07-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 439
I haven't been called "Oom" before !!! I'm only 37!!! (for the overseas guys, it means Uncle)

Looking forward to seeing more pics

Current: '81 308 GTSi; '81 Porsche 911 Turbo, '70 Porsche 911E, '94 Lamborghini Diablo VT; '00 Porsche 996 GT3; '07 Aston Martin Vantage
Past:
Ferrari: '81 308 GTSi
Porsche: '68 911S; '73 911 RS Rep; '81 911SC; '84 Carrera; '87 928S4;
Other: '04 Subaru WRX
post #8 of 28 Old 07-16-2012, 11:56 PM

Some aerial shots of the cars on track for the group photo.
Attached Images

post #9 of 28 Old 07-17-2012, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Owner

thanks Mike ! awesome air pics

that's more like it,
post #10 of 28 Old 07-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
Some aerial shots of the cars on track for the group photo.
Hi Mike

How old must you be to be a pit Marshall...just wondering

And yes, it was that pic I was talking about.

Regards
post #11 of 28 Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Looks like there were nearly 100 cars there?

I see no spectators on the main grand stand? Usually there are a number of spectators.

Thank you for the pics.
post #12 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Hi Mike

How old must you be to be a pit Marshall...just wondering

And yes, it was that pic I was talking about.

Regards
Not sure on the age for being a Kyalami Marshall, but I was a Pit Marshall for SEFAC itself, and normally they look for guys 18 and older. As long as you can take responsibility to make sure that things go as smoothly as possible for the owners, and control the pit lane especially when owners are wanting to leave to head out onto the track while others are coming back in to park, then your okay. You also need to make sure that each owner has registered, filled in an indemnity form for themselves and passengers and make sure their car has gone through scrutineering and they have the correct sticker on their car for the specific Group they will be driving in ie: Group A (Advance), Group B (Intermediate) and Group C (Novice).
post #13 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exander View Post
Looks like there were nearly 100 cars there?

I see no spectators on the main grand stand? Usually there are a number of spectators.

Thank you for the pics.
Well this year actually broke last year's record of 178 by having over 180 cars. The pit lane was so full that not all the cars could park next to each other in a line, we had to double park cars in front of other cars.

Ferrari wise it was definitely one of the busiest SEFAC Days in years, but unfortunately I think due to the weather being so bad, the number of spectators was not as high as it has been in previous years.
post #14 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
Not sure on the age for being a Kyalami Marshall, but I was a Pit Marshall for SEFAC itself, and normally they look for guys 18 and older. As long as you can take responsibility to make sure that things go as smoothly as possible for the owners, and control the pit lane especially when owners are wanting to leave to head out onto the track while others are coming back in to park, then your okay. You also need to make sure that each owner has registered, filled in an indemnity form for themselves and passengers and make sure their car has gone through scrutineering and they have the correct sticker on their car for the specific Group they will be driving in ie: Group A (Advance), Group B (Intermediate) and Group C (Novice).
Thanks for the info

It's something I'd really like to do,but I'll have to wait at least 3 years still
It seems to be quite tricky as well because I you make one mistake, it could end up real bad.
How was the experience for you? Have you done it before?

Thanks
post #15 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 PM

The following photos were taken by a mate of mine Divi Dajee
Attached Images

post #16 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 10:57 PM

Some more photos...
Attached Images

post #17 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 11:20 PM

And more photos...
Attached Images

post #18 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 11:49 PM

As Mike (Schumacher) mentioned above he came through in the afternoon in his Diablo.
Attached Images

post #19 of 28 Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info

It's something I'd really like to do,but I'll have to wait at least 3 years still
It seems to be quite tricky as well because I you make one mistake, it could end up real bad.
How was the experience for you? Have you done it before?

Thanks
It was the first time I helped out as a Marshall and was a great experience, getting to meet more owners and speaking to them. It's a busy day from 7:00am to 5:30pm, but I really enjoyed it. Everything went great and lucky there were no incidents in the pitlane, which is always a good thing
post #20 of 28 Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 AM

For some international exposure, besides my posts on FLife, my mate went and submitted some of his pics to GT Spirit.com

SEFAC Ferrari Day 2012 in Johannesburg

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode