FLED 7....planning questions - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
FLED 7....planning questions

"D" is washed and almost ready after a long Fled 6 drive. Late this week, all fluids will be replaced, carbs adjusted (a little fat running) and spark plugs changed.

I know, some of us are all planning for the Maranello October '12 event. However it seems that most of the attendees will plan to fly there and will make it a none or little driving experience. Also my offer to plan some "cultural therapy" before received little interest so far.

So I'm seriously open to discuss plans for FLED 7.

1. Onno and David offered to plan to organize something in the Dutch, Belgium, and German region. If the majority would agree for this to be experienced, then we should let Onno and David know that they may think to prepare. Timeframe could be September until October.

2. If on the other hand the majority would prefer a extended alps tour driving over the passes (Switzerland, Austria and Dolomites), I would happily organize it again. Timeframe would be during September only as early snowfall would close many passes already in October.

3. If people would like to have an excellent Italian/Piemonte experience where driving is one thing but eating the truffels in Italy another important one, then we could plan for this from September (old truffels) to November (new and fresh truffels)

In either case, good hotels with secure car parking are at plenty in any of the plannings. Would you guys please opt for possibilities, preferences and general thoughts ?

Thanks.
212Export is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 86
We are definately up for another FLED (might even bring a Ferrari this time )

Our son is going to university for the first time in September so that wouldnt be good for us until the 27th September onwards, but October or November (except the a week from the 2nd to 9th of Nov) would work.

Our preference would be the Dutch/Belgium/German option - especially the Dutch mountain passes! Perhapswith an Assen, Spa or Nürburgring visit
Jemt is offline  
post #3 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
212, you are relentless!

But hell, the GT4 is clean now too.

I'm in!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
 
post #4 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
212, you are relentless!

But hell, the GT4 is clean now too.

I'm in!
Barry, we only live once ( at least here in this place and with Ferraris). Barry what would you prefer of the options ?

Could you do me a favor ? I have no idea how to create a voting poll for this thread. Could you do that for me. Kind of the 3 Options: a) Dutch/Belgium/Germany b) Alp passes c) Truffel tour Italy

Thanks !
212Export is offline  
post #5 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemt View Post
We are definately up for another FLED (might even bring a Ferrari this time )

Our son is going to university for the first time in September so that wouldnt be good for us until the 27th September onwards, but October or November (except the a week from the 2nd to 9th of Nov) would work.

Our preference would be the Dutch/Belgium/German option - especially the Dutch mountain passes! Perhapswith an Assen, Spa or Nürburgring visit
As soon as anyone has put the voting section into this thread please vote ! Great to see you soon again, hopefully
212Export is offline  
post #6 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Owner
 
Scottish16M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Rolf, I'm in


September to March is not good for travelling from Scotland due to the unpredictability of snowy conditions, therefore my preference for FLED7 is May, June, July or August otherwise I could only guarantee participating as a passenger.

Preference is Rolf & Capo's area of Switzerland, Austria, Dolomites and Passes as I have never driven these in a Ferrari & to enjoy this in my 16M as well as with a great bunch of people would just be the icing on the cake for me

Also, as next year is my 50th year I will be driving my 16M to the Monte Carlo area via Rotterdam, France & their magnificent Route Napoleon through the Alps Maritimes to join my wife for a vacation in either May, June, July or August and intend to drive back via Italy, Austria, Switzerland, the Dolomites and Passes so I will arrange for our trip to coincide with FLED7, as I'm not missing another opportunity of experiencing a full FLED with such a great group of people!

Perhaps another consideration could be France and the South of France areas, we could all meet up in Northern France and enjoy various castles and winding routes towards the Route Napoleon, which is from Grenoble to Grasse & traces its way over the Alps Maritimes. We can also take in the Gorge du Verdon, the French version of the Grand Canyon! The road itself is a fantastic design, with cambered corners and fantastic scenery. Once in Souther France we have a wealth of Cols to enjoy, such as the Col du Turini near Monte Carlo & Im sure I can assist with planning, as could NigelV12 given he has residences near Paris and Nice, if preferred Petrolhead Nirvana could step up again, as I believe this is also one of their tour routes...just a thought.

But, whatever the majority choose is fine with me, I will just be over the moon to share in the experience with you all

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!


Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

Last edited by Scottish16M; 05-08-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Scottish16M is offline  
post #7 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish16M View Post
Rolf, I'm in


September to March is not good for travelling from Scotland due to the unpredictability of snowy conditions, therefore my preference for FLED7 is May, June, July or August otherwise I could only guarantee participating as a passenger.

Preference is Rolf & Capo's area of Switzerland, Austria, Dolomites and Passes as I have never driven these in a Ferrari & to enjoy this in my 16M as well as with a great bunch of people would just be the icing on the cake for me

Also, as next year is my 50th year I will be driving my 16M to the Monte Carlo area via Rotterdam, France & their magnificent Route Napoleon through the Alps Maritimes to join my wife for a vacation in either May, June, July or August and intend to drive back via Italy, Austria, Switzerland, the Dolomites and Passes so I will arrange for our trip to coincide with FLED7, as I'm not missing another opportunity of experiencing a full FLED with such a great group of people!

Perhaps another consideration could be France and the South of France areas, we could all meet up in Northern France and enjoy various castles and winding routes towards the Route Napoleon, which is from Grenoble to Grasse & traces its way over the Alps Maritimes. We can also take in the Gorge du Verdon, the French version of the Grand Canyon! The road itself is a fantastic design, with cambered corners and fantastic scenery. Once in Souther France we have a wealth of Cols to enjoy, such as the Col du Turini near Monte Carlo & Im sure I can assist with planning, as could NigelV12 given he has residences near Paris and Nice, if preferred Petrolhead Nirvana could step up again, as I believe this is also one of their tour routes...just a thought.

But, whatever the majority choose is fine with me, I will just be over the moon to share in the experience with you all
Peter, I'm open to all and wanted just to kickstart the Fled 7 discussion. So option d) then would be France...! (Barry?!)
212Export is offline  
post #8 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Owner
 
Scottish16M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Peter, I'm open to all and wanted just to kickstart the Fled 7 discussion. So option d) then would be France...! (Barry?!)
Rolf, you did a great job of it too....I can't add the voting options in as it's not an option available from my iPad, they're great at some things and at others!

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!


Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
Scottish16M is offline  
post #9 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
 
mjb11800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South of France
Ferrari Life Posts: 304
Someone mention France?
I've got full intention to participate in Fled 7 (everything business wise going to plan)
mjb11800 is offline  
post #10 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Sorry guys, I would love to organise but I'm already booked solid until well into October.

For spring 2013, I am very happy to organise.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #11 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Owner
 
brettgagnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Ferrari Life Posts: 642
i am in for spring of 2013 as well, though i will hopefully beg and receive permission for a passenger seat

- Brett

-----------------------
Current: 1978 308 GTB (25823)
Past:
Other: 2011 Audi A6 Avant
brettgagnon is offline  
post #12 of 42 Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Owner
 
Scottish16M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb11800 View Post
Someone mention France?
I've got full intention to participate in Fled 7 (everything business wise going to plan)
I threw the idea into the pot Matt as I'm going to Cap Ferrat next summertime, so I thought it might be an idea to bolt on a FLED through France either before or afterwards as we could all enjoy the magnificence of staying in a French Chateau, decent hotels and drive some fantastic roads similar to the Route Napoleon etc....of course a few bottles of bubbly and the odd visit to a great race track such as the internationally acclaimed Circuit Paul Ricard near Marseille wouldn't go amiss ether I suspect.........roll on FLED7!

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!


Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
Scottish16M is offline  
post #13 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Owner
 
maurodev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Hi all. Probably I am joining the discussion too late, but I would like to propose another possibility: a FLED (maybe 8?) in Central Italy: Marche, with the Adriatic Coast, Umbria, Romagna, Southern Tuscany and Nothern Lazio, with the Thyrrenian Coast, Etruscan sites, towns built of and on the top of tuff mountains. Beatiful and varied landscapes, fantastic food and secondary roads.

ciao
Mauro

_____________________________________

'99 550 Maranello

Vintage Alfa Romeo: '53 1900 saloon, '59 2000 Spider Touring, '61 Giulietta Sprint, '64 2600 Sprint, '72 Montreal, '72 Giulia Super 1300 'Polizia'

Bikes: '02 Ducati ST4s, '03 Kawasaki Z.1000

Last edited by maurodev; 05-14-2012 at 12:37 AM.
maurodev is offline  
post #14 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Mauro, there are phenomenal driving roads there and the food, culture and people are always guaranteed to make a trip a success. But it will have to wait until FLED9 at least as Boxer is already planning a FLED8 in France for May next year.

One downside to Italy is that the travel is a bit further for the UK guys. But I for one would love to do a FLED in Italy. There is nothing to beat driving your Ferrari in Italy.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #15 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurodev View Post
Hi all. Probably I am joining the discussion too late, but I would like to propose another possibility: a FLED (maybe 8?) in Central Italy: Marche, with the Adriatic Coast, Umbria, Romagna, Southern Tuscany and Nothern Lazio, with the Thyrrenian Coast, Etruscan sites, towns built of and on the top of tuff mountains. Beatiful and varied landscapes, fantastic food and secondary roads.

ciao
Mauro
This is a TOP suggestion Mauro, love all the areas you mentioned. But as said by Onno need to be in mid- to late '13.
212Export is offline  
post #16 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Owner
 
maurodev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Hi Onno and 212Export, I didn't know a Fled 8 was already in its planning stage. However, if there is interest enough in having Central Italy as a proposal for Fled 9, I could start developing a few scenarios to be then submitted to the community.

ciao
Mauro

_____________________________________

'99 550 Maranello

Vintage Alfa Romeo: '53 1900 saloon, '59 2000 Spider Touring, '61 Giulietta Sprint, '64 2600 Sprint, '72 Montreal, '72 Giulia Super 1300 'Polizia'

Bikes: '02 Ducati ST4s, '03 Kawasaki Z.1000
maurodev is offline  
post #17 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM
 
mjb11800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South of France
Ferrari Life Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish16M View Post
I threw the idea into the pot Matt as I'm going to Cap Ferrat next summertime, so I thought it might be an idea to bolt on a FLED through France either before or afterwards as we could all enjoy the magnificence of staying in a French Chateau, decent hotels and drive some fantastic roads similar to the Route Napoleon etc....of course a few bottles of bubbly and the odd visit to a great race track such as the internationally acclaimed Circuit Paul Ricard near Marseille wouldn't go amiss ether I suspect.........roll on FLED7!

Ace idea. Although I'm of course, slightly biased!
mjb11800 is offline  
post #18 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Owner
 
Scottish16M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb11800 View Post

Ace idea. Although I'm of course, slightly biased!
Looks like you're also in luck Matt....Boxer is already planning FLED8 to France for next May :thum bsup:

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!


Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
Scottish16M is offline  
post #19 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 AM
 
mjb11800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South of France
Ferrari Life Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish16M View Post
Looks like you're also in luck Matt....Boxer is already planning FLED8 to France for next May :thum bsup:
Mon Dieu!

Is there a FLED8 thread then?!?

Mind you, I'll have to work until I bleed through the eyes to get sorted for May , but I shall try my absolute hardest. A year away though.. (inhales through teeth).. should be ok I reckon
mjb11800 is offline  
post #20 of 42 Old 05-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Owner
 
Scottish16M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb11800 View Post
Mon Dieu!

Is there a FLED8 thread then?!?

Mind you, I'll have to work until I bleed through the eyes to get sorted for May , but I shall try my absolute hardest. A year away though.. (inhales through teeth).. should be ok I reckon
No FLED8 thread as FLED7 will have to get out of the way 1st and then it will doubtless go live....enjoy that hard work as it'd be good to have you attend in your own Ferrari if you can make it Matt!

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!


Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
Scottish16M is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale