Ferrari Mille Miglia Tribute - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
nmj
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 72
Ferrari Mille Miglia Tribute

I am taking part in this event next month and although i am sure several members of Ferrari Life will be too I will be happy to post up suitable car (and girlie pics) on my travels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Excellent, can't wait. What are you driving? I'll see if I can look you up in Brescia (not participating this year but will be there).

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #3 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
nmj
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Excellent, can't wait. What are you driving? I'll see if I can look you up in Brescia (not participating this year but will be there).

Onno

599 GTO Grigi Ferro Met

post #4 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Owner

Ah! One of the plebs. 19 GTO's on last year's run.... if you want to feel special take a classic.

Great colour for a GTO, BTW. You will have a blast, it is truly a phenomenal event.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

330GTC
post #5 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
nmj
Owner

Quote:
Ah! One of the plebs. 19 GTO's on last year's run.... if you want to feel special take a classic.

Great colour for a GTO, BTW. You will have a blast, it is truly a phenomenal event.

Onno
indeed i am
post #6 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Ah! One of the plebs.
Onno - your a difficult man to impress....

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #7 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Onno - your a difficult man to impress....

It's not me, really, I was more voicing the opinion of the classic guys that are really against the Tribute because of "the large amount plastic" (their words) that participates. Well, it is a little bit me as well. I do believe that there should be more classics in the Tribute, and frankly I thought 19 GTO's was OTT. It should be limited to a couple of cars of each model, maybe a maximum of 5.

But you know how it goes - Ferrari wants to keep their new clients happy, whilst balancing the exclusiveness of the event. It is quite a tricky thing to do well, I admit that.

Personally, I would never do it in my 458 or 550 or even Boxer, to me the experience is too remote from the Mille Miglia in a modern Ferrari. A classic like my GTC in which you get wet in the rain (windows have to stay open otherwise the windscreen fogs up), you might get boiling clutch fluid, the lights are feeble at night, the steering wheel is big and thin, the tyres are thin and you're sliding at 50km/h, the sound of carburettors, old school gearshift, that all gives you an experience close to driving the Mille Miglia Storica (what some call the 'real' Mille Miglia, although of course it is a regulatory rally now, not a race).

But - that is not to say it is not fantastic in a modern Ferrari, if I only had my 458 I would try to get in.

Onno

330GTC
post #8 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
nmj
Owner

Quote:

It's not me, really, I was more voicing the opinion of the classic guys that are really against the Tribute because of "the large amount plastic" (their words) that participates. Well, it is a little bit me as well. I do believe that there should be more classics in the Tribute, and frankly I thought 19 GTO's was OTT. It should be limited to a couple of cars of each model, maybe a maximum of 5.

But you know how it goes - Ferrari wants to keep their new clients happy, whilst balancing the exclusiveness of the event. It is quite a tricky thing to do well, I admit that.

Personally, I would never do it in my 458 or 550 or even Boxer, to me the experience is too remote from the Mille Miglia in a modern Ferrari. A classic like my GTC in which you get wet in the rain (windows have to stay open otherwise the windscreen fogs up), you might get boiling clutch fluid, the lights are feeble at night, the steering wheel is big and thin, the tyres are thin and you're sliding at 50km/h, the sound of carburettors, old school gearshift, that all gives you an experience close to driving the Mille Miglia Storica (what some call the 'real' Mille Miglia, although of course it is a regulatory rally now, not a race).

But - that is not to say it is not fantastic in a modern Ferrari, if I only had my 458 I would try to get in.

Onno
i agree Onno, i personally would have wanted to take my chums 288 GTO which is probably one of the best cars to drive in the event however he won't put the miles on it so i have to slum it in the 599
post #9 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Onno- If your windows fog up, as is typical of 60s and 70s Italian cars, the problem is usually the heater core. Had the same problem with my Fiat Dino 2400 GT and repairing the heater core fixed the problem.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmj View Post
i have to slum it in the 599
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Onno- If your windows fog up, as is typical of 60s and 70s Italian cars, the problem is usually the heater core. Had the same problem with my Fiat Dino 2400 GT and repairing the heater core fixed the problem.
This youngster needs a bit more explanation, Terry. How are you setting your ventilation in general in this situation? You have the heater on? I haven't really experimented.

Onno

330GTC
post #11 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 140
Quote:
LOL!

This youngster needs a bit more explanation, Terry. How are you setting your ventilation in general in this situation? You have the heater on? I haven't really experimented.

Onno
The ventilation to clear the windscreen on a 330 is a joke. Not only are the squirrel cage fans in the fender wells indequate to blow more than a whisper, but it requires setting the temperature slide to the hottest setting. That may be okay if you are driving in winter, but you will only be adding unwanted heat to the cabin in the summer or spring months. On my first GTC I would try to make this work, but always ended up using a towel to wipe the fog away. Unfortunately the a/c system is not connected to the windscreen venting which would allow dry and cool air to help clear the fog.

With vintage Ferraris cabin ventilation was an afterthought. On my 2nd GTC I made the a/c somewhat better, but the windscreen fogging is a manual set-up for the navigator.

Steve

Past: GTC, BB, QM, C/4, 355, 360, 550, 575, C/4
post #12 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Owner

What do you think Steve, would Terry's suggestion help? Personally I thought it was a fait d'accompli, and I'm OK with that. But if not, it would be nice if it could be improved.

Onno

330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode