Tour choice for drivers to FLED Maranello - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Tour choice for drivers to FLED Maranello

For those who plan to drive to our Maranello factory tour on October 11th. 2012, I try to find out if there is "hard core" demand for a nice drive to Maranello ?!

I'm open for any suggestions but as someone has to get the idea started, I would suggest 3 options:

Option 1:

Meeting in Neuschwanstein (Bavaria, Ludwigs castle) driving over Imst, Innsbruck, the Brenner tunnel to Bolzano, Trento, Verona, Modena Maranello. This is a easy 477km 1 day drive.

Option 2:

Meeting in Basel Switzerland, driving to Lucerne and Lugano (sleeping over) the next day from Lugano to Milano, Modena, Maranello. Lugano ( the 1st. sleep over is easily reachable in a 1 day drive from London, Amsterdam etc. The drive from Lugano to Maranello is only 269 km, a half day drive.

Option 3 (the extended version):

Meeting in Neuschwanstein (Bavaria), driving to Vienna (517 km, 1 day easy), driving from Vienna to Maranello (1300km's 1 day). This option would be interesting if 1-2 days can be added to the shorter versions (Option 1+2) as a visit to the opera, theatre or just enjoying a lazy day in beautiful Vienna would be of common interest.

From a perspective of a London or Amsterdam driver version 1+2 would mean 2 days to Maranello and 1-2 days back, version 3 would be a 3-4 days to Maranello and 1-2 days back.

What would you prefer ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
212 has kindly offered me a co-pilot's seat so I will assist in the navigation of one of theses routes! They all look wonderful to me. If I were to choose I'd think either option 1 or 2, but im flexible enough to accomodate any of them, and seeing as I am only hitching a lift I won't want to define which we should do.

As an aside I'd like to visit as much as we can when in Maranello, maybe even some non Ferrari factories?? Lamborghini, Ducati?

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
I'd need to hitch a lift on FLED Maranello to do these drives, Barry reached 212Export before me, so I cant hitch a ride with Rolf, but next time I'll know to be quicker off the starting blocks Barry

If anyone on our trip can offer me their passenger seat I'd be delighted to fly into any location, whether London or in Europe to meet you and co-pilot to enjoy this experience as these are roads I would love to drive over and I can think of no better way of doing them than with a fellow Ferrari enthusiast by my side

I'll go with the flow and majority here.

Ive just posted the below on FLED Maranello 2012 Thread, can I have your feedback/ideas please:

My plans for our trip to Ferrari/Maranello are to do the Factory Tour, Cavallino & Montana Restaurants, Galeria and all the Ferrari Stores, so Id suggest we all stay at the Maranello Palace opposite the Factory.

Id also like to visit the new Enzo Museum in Modena and if you all want Im sure I can also organise a Maserati Factory Tour too - would you like to do this factory Tour also?

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

post #4 of 4 Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
My principal issue is my brother - the poor man is suffering under my joblessness.... I am doing so many cool things this year and he has only so many holidays available - he wanted to be on FLED6 but decided other things (such as picking up my 458 in Italy) were more important. So it would be best for him to leave as late as possible, so he can take only Thursday and Friday off.

But I, myself, would quite like to take the longer option, and opera in Vienna sounds like an absolute must.

So, if we can find a way where I can pick up my brother on Wednesday evening at Milan airport (i.e. we drive down to Maranello on the Wednesday), then I am all for spending Tuesday in Vienna, and any days before that are fine by me.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode