2013 FCA Annual Meet at Elkhart Lake - Page 4 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 161 Old 02-23-2013, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 719
We are happy to announce that Trailex has become a Bronze Level sponsor with us.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 161 Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 76
Admiral

Your fan club is calling for you!

Dan
post #63 of 161 Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
How many people usually attend? I am interested in joining this year

post #64 of 161 Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb221 View Post
How many people usually attend? I am interested in joining this year
Since this is the club's 50th annual club wide gathering, the final stop of the 599 On Lap of North America Rally and the concluding event of the year long 50th anniversary celebration of the FCA we are expecting a higher attendance than normal. Our planning is for up to 750 attendees and 350 cars. We will have some interesting international attendees; confirmed attendees already from Belgium, Switzerland and the UK. Hearing from Ukraine and Philippines that they are looking at attending. Invites have gone to every club that is part of the World Council and to all the dealerships in countries that do not have a recognized club.

Jeff
post #65 of 161 Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Harrison View Post
Admiral

Your fan club is calling for you!

Dan
Dear Dan,

All four of you??? Jeff wants body count numbers, Mike wants a ride, Seth wants Judith to see the little blue car and you want a photo opportunity. After taking the top five trophies at the 2010 FCA National, the car isn't eligible for anything other than another platinum, so all that is left is time on the track. And of course that is the second biggest reason for me to come to Road America. The first and biggest reason is the opportunity to share a small slice of early Ferrari history with those younger folks who have no idea that Ferrari made 4 cylinder cars which won Formula World Championships well before the 12 cylinder wins. If I have no voice left at the end of the day then I consider that a good car show day.

For the folks who have not been to Road America before, be advised that there are a bunch of significant elevation changes which make the track really enjoyable.

Best regards,
Attached Images

Robert

Past & Present: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD since June 1960
post #66 of 161 Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Updates on rooms.

Osthoff Resort is sold out on regular 1 bedroom guest rooms. 2 and 3 bedroom suites remain available.

Alternatives include

Siebkens Resort (directly across the street) Siebkens Resort :: Lodging and Dining in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

Victorian Village Home Page

Also check on the Elkhart Lake tourism site www.elkhartlake.com
post #67 of 161 Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post
Since this is the club's 50th annual club wide gathering, the final stop of the 599 On Lap of North America Rally and the concluding event of the year long 50th anniversary celebration of the FCA we are expecting a higher attendance than normal. Our planning is for up to 750 attendees and 350 cars. We will have some interesting international attendees; confirmed attendees already from Belgium, Switzerland and the UK. Hearing from Ukraine and Philippines that they are looking at attending. Invites have gone to every club that is part of the World Council and to all the dealerships in countries that do not have a recognized club.

Jeff
I will be there.
Marcel Massini
Switzerland
post #68 of 161 Old 03-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Massini View Post
I will be there.
Marcel Massini
Switzerland
Dear Marcel,

Well if you can come from Switzerland I should be able to get to Elkhart Lake from New Mexico. You can say hi to the little blue car again.

Best regards,
Attached Images

Robert

Past & Present: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD since June 1960
post #69 of 161 Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
Not my Ferrari but the track is long and takes a few laps to find the line, I vote the best track I've ever been on. I also attended the FCA get together in the late 80s, good people great fun.
Attached Images

A bunch of stuff.
post #70 of 161 Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Owner

Embarassed to admit that I only have to drive less than three hours to get to Road America for FCA 2013, given the distances some people will be travelling to attend the event.
Getting to see the Admiral cruising the track at speed?
Getting to (hopefully) meet Marcel Massini?
That alone is worth the price of admission.
Wait a second... also get to drive the track (three 333SP's, a 360N-GT, two BBLM's already seem to be enlisted)... plus the concours...

Dan Harrison
post #71 of 161 Old 03-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Owner

To Jack Houpe

Very nice herd of horses in your stable. Hope you are able to attend.

Dan Harrison
post #72 of 161 Old 03-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
Quote:
Embarassed to admit that I only have to drive less than three hours to get to Road America for FCA 2013, given the distances some people will be travelling to attend the event.
Getting to see the Admiral cruising the track at speed?
Getting to (hopefully) meet Marcel Massini?
That alone is worth the price of admission.
Wait a second... also get to drive the track (three 333SP's, a 360N-GT, two BBLM's already seem to be enlisted)... plus the concours...
Dan Harrison
Dan:
Looking forward to meet you!
Will be at Elkhart Tuesday to Friday. Staying at Osthoff resort.

Best regards
Marcel Massini
post #73 of 161 Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Here are some tidbits that came up over last weekend:
  • Going to try beating the Silverstone record for most Ferraris
  • Those original founders of the FCA that are still will us are going to be there. This includes Dick Merritt.
  • Most of the past presidents of the FCA that "are still with us" will be there too.
  • Challenge Club Racing with their retired Challenge cars will have races
  • Concours is a public event
  • Look to be getting a fine international contingent attending - Marcel, Belgium, UK are confirmed. Hearing from South Africa, New Zealand, Ukraine and Philippines.
More still to come.

Jeff
post #74 of 161 Old 03-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post
Here are some tidbits that came up over last weekend:
  • Going to try beating the Silverstone record for most Ferraris
  • Those original founders of the FCA that are still will us are going to be there. This includes Dick Merritt.
  • Most of the past presidents of the FCA that "are still with us" will be there too.
  • Challenge Club Racing with their retired Challenge cars will have races
  • Concours is a public event
  • Look to be getting a fine international contingent attending - Marcel, Belgium, UK are confirmed. Hearing from South Africa, New Zealand, Ukraine and Philippines.
More still to come.

Jeff
Jeff, you got us! In 1978 when I acquired my first Ferrari, the prototipi/speciale 365GTC that I sold at David Gooding's Pebble Beach auction in 2007 and that sold at Bonhams last month for $880,000., I took an FCA life membership, one of the better buys of my life. The FCA Elkhart 50th anniversary meeting is a week before the American Bar Association annual meeting in San Francisco which is followed by the Monterey Historics and Pebble Beach. We were on the fence about which to attend but can't miss Elkhart since so many old - and new - friends will be there. I'm especially delighted that Marcel, with whom I lunched at Amelia not too many years ago, is coming as I will miss Amelia this week.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Last edited by intrepid; 03-06-2013 at 11:20 AM.
post #75 of 161 Old 03-06-2013, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
Jeff, you got us! In 1978 when I acquired my first Ferrari, the prototipi/speciale 365GTC that I sold at David Gooding's Pebble Beach auction in 2007 and that sold at Bonhams last month for $880,000., I took an FCA life membership, one of the better buys of my life. The FCA Elkhart 50th anniversary meeting is a week before the American Bar Association annual meeting in San Francisco which is followed by the Monterey Historics and Pebble Beach. We were on the fence about which to attend but can't miss Elkhart since so many old - and new - friends will be there. I'm especially delighted that Marcel, with whom I lunched at Amelia not too many years ago, is coming as I will miss Amelia this week.
Seth,

Glad to hear it!

Jeff
post #76 of 161 Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Owner

Seth

Must be difficult, given the stable of Prancing Horses you list, choosing which to drive on track at Road America. Of course, you can swap rides as you desire!

Dan
post #77 of 161 Old 03-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Garage
Quote:
Seth

Must be difficult, given the stable of Prancing Horses you list, choosing which to drive on track at Road America. Of course, you can swap rides as you desire!

Dan
Dan, the big issue is getting one car to Elkhart. Perhaps we'll drive out in the STS-V, a truly splendid car that I've had on the track at Watkins Glen, as I may have posted somewhere here. Would be fun chasing the Admiral's lovely French blue Mondial, a photo of which I'm still searching for amongst Kodachromes of the 1956 Sebring 12 Hours that I visited (haven't forgotten, mon Amiral!); or perhaps the Maserati Spyder? Wot, Seth, not a Ferrari?

Seth
Attached Images

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
post #78 of 161 Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Owner

Seth

You will be welcome at FCA 2013 no matter what you do or do not bring.
Respectfully suggest you bring something eligible for the run groups rather than only touring;if you like Watkins Glen, you're going to enjoy Road America (have been overjoyed to drive both).
Given the speeds along the three long straights, I'd opt for the 355B with less weight to rein in for braking (we went through a set of pads at one event but swapped pads and kept going) although the 575M or 412 would be delightful.
I have been assured that Ferrari mechanics will attend the event.
Not telling you what to do. Just want you (and everybody) to know support available. We want all attendees to have a wonderful experience.
Best.

Dan
post #79 of 161 Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Seth,

Ship a Ferrari and drive out in something with better trunk space is a possibility. In the end though it des not matter as long as you join us.

Jeff
post #80 of 161 Old 03-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Owner

Report on meeting with some of the FCA 2013 event folks yesterday.
Catering discussion made me realize I will not be losing weight at this extravaganza.
Drive-in/outdoor movie night at Road America should be delightful.
The 60's Rock and Roll dancing party (yes, some other song requests may be honored between the classic Oldies)... food/drink/rock&roll...Devil With A Blue Dress (Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels)... are you not happy already?
Concours ??!?!!
THREE very full days of track stuff at ROAD AMERICA!!!
And, one of our guys just got his 360 F1 for track and concours. Congratulations, Greg.

Dan Harrison

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode