Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs NY
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Here are some tidbits that came up over last weekend:
- Going to try beating the Silverstone record for most Ferraris
- Those original founders of the FCA that are still will us are going to be there. This includes Dick Merritt.
- Most of the past presidents of the FCA that "are still with us" will be there too.
- Challenge Club Racing with their retired Challenge cars will have races
- Concours is a public event
- Look to be getting a fine international contingent attending - Marcel, Belgium, UK are confirmed. Hearing from South Africa, New Zealand, Ukraine and Philippines.
More still to come.
Jeff, you got us! In 1978 when I acquired my first Ferrari, the prototipi/speciale 365GTC that I sold at David Gooding's Pebble Beach auction in 2007 and that sold at Bonhams last month for $880,000., I took an FCA life membership, one of the better buys of my life. The FCA Elkhart 50th anniversary meeting is a week before the American Bar Association annual meeting in San Francisco which is followed by the Monterey Historics and Pebble Beach. We were on the fence about which to attend but can't miss Elkhart since so many old - and new - friends will be there. I'm especially delighted that Marcel, with whom I lunched at Amelia not too many years ago, is coming as I will miss Amelia this week.
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti
what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
Last edited by intrepid; 03-06-2013 at 11:20 AM.