2012 Canadian Grand Prix tickets - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
2012 Canadian Grand Prix tickets

I have two tickets available for the Canadian Grand Prix for 2012.
They are at the hairpin in grandstand 24, Section 3, Row FF, seat 14 and 15. The seats are 6 rows up from the track and the view is unobstructed. No fences!
I have attached some photos taken from seats that are one row down and 4 seats to the left of the seats that are for sale. Price is $895.00 for the 2 tickets.
I am offering to F-Life members prior to other sources.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #3 of 18 Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
not going?
I'm still going. I have 4 seats at the hairpin and will not be using the two I have for sale. My seats are the seats 1 row down. Had these seats for the past 8 or 9 years.

post #4 of 18 Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Tickets have been sold.
post #5 of 18 Old 03-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Got my tickets 2 weeks ago. I am counting down the days till I step on the plane and land in Montreal with my favorite beverage in hand walking the streets on Friday afternoon.
I got great seats this year andifthey are as good as I think they are then these seats will be keepers for the upcoming years.
Maybe I will bump into some of the usual suspects this year!

Dominic
post #6 of 18 Old 03-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

couldn't you drive that in the time it takes to get point to point flying?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 18 Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Owner

Yes I could leave my house in NJ at 6 am and drive up there and get there at about 3 pm.
I have friends that drive up there every year
I rather go to the airport, have a few cocktails jump on a plane and land in Canada 2 hours later well rested and ready for trouble!
post #8 of 18 Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Got my tickets too and can't wait to be there I just hope we stay dry this year.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fanforlife View Post
Got my tickets too and can't wait to be there I just hope we stay dry this year.
Where are you sitting?
I am always asking veterans where the good places are too.
Any suggestions?

Dominic
post #10 of 18 Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Owner
Elite Member

i have watched the race from most parts of the track over the last six years. i actually like to sit or stand on the grassy hill at the senna(1st) turn. Another thing i did once that i really liked was i got tickets on the start finish line and watched part of the qualys there, good view of the pits. Then i moved over to the senna turn for the race. Of course the best place i watched it was last year in the ferrari vip section at pit out. I like to take a lot of pics so the first turn is hard to beat. also the best place for the race start.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 18 Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
Where are you sitting?
I am always asking veterans where the good places are too.
Any suggestions?

Dominic
I sit at the hairpin. The photos in this thread were taken from my seats. I have sat on the main straight, senna corner and the hairpin. I like the hairpin the most. I am right at the turn and 5 rows up. Also have the aisle seat which is a huge plus so i have hung on to those tickets for a number of years.
Kevin.
post #12 of 18 Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
i have watched the race from most parts of the track over the last six years. i actually like to sit or stand on the grassy hill at the senna(1st) turn. Another thing i did once that i really liked was i got tickets on the start finish line and watched part of the qualys there, good view of the pits. Then i moved over to the senna turn for the race. Of course the best place i watched it was last year in the ferrari vip section at pit out. I like to take a lot of pics so the first turn is hard to beat. also the best place for the race start.
Looks like you had a great time in the VIP section. Got to do that one year.
post #13 of 18 Old 04-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Owner
Elite Member

amazing. but way too expensive. glad i did it once, but i wouldn't pay that again.

post #14 of 18 Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

That may limit me from doing it for a while but sometimes you have to pay for a once in a lifetime experience.
post #15 of 18 Old 04-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #16 of 18 Old 04-10-2013, 11:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Since many of you have been there a few times I am looking for advice. I got the gold trio tix. this will be my first time there. i am looking for advice, cool things to do over the weekend and making sure to get some awesome pics also. Any advise from any of you would be gratly appreciated. my brother and I will be driving up on thursday and be there all weekend. i want to make sure i hit up some good spts in the city as well. thanks
mike

1982 308 GTSi
post #17 of 18 Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakman View Post
Since many of you have been there a few times I am looking for advice. I got the gold trio tix. this will be my first time there. i am looking for advice, cool things to do over the weekend and making sure to get some awesome pics also. Any advise from any of you would be gratly appreciated. my brother and I will be driving up on thursday and be there all weekend. i want to make sure i hit up some good spts in the city as well. thanks
mike
Montreal is IMO the best race of the year, behind Monaco of course. If you get there on Wednesday, you can do a pit tour Thursday morning, don't get to see any drivers, but still cool to drive / walk on the track, and walk along the pit lane. Did not see any drivers there when I did this years ago.

My favorite seating area was on the Pit side of the Senna curve, turn 1 and 2. That's where a lot of the action, passes, crashes, etc. occur, and it's easy to follow the race, because it has a big screen right there too.

After the track action, each day there are tons of things happening on Crescent St. and Sherbrook. Each day has a different party / theme. Used to be a BMW day, a Honda Day, and a Ferrari Day somewhere that I never found. Owner's of those makes of cars bring them out and park them on the street.

On Crescent, you can hang out on the deck at Newtown, Jacques Villenueve's restaurant and they have a stage there with bands, and driver's show up for interviews.

One year they had a Mercedes Benz fashion show. Anther year, a BMW Fashion show with driver interviews.

As for night life, Montreal has incredible restaurants, and some of the best Techno Music clubs in the world. Rest up, as things don't really get started until 11 P:M to midnight.

If you like Sushi, try Kaizan, or Le Petit Treehouse.

Favorite Steakhouse:

http://www.queuedecheval.com/

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2

Last edited by markjayw; 04-11-2013 at 08:47 AM.
post #18 of 18 Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Mark gave a great summary of what to do. Just to add to the Ferrari's and BMW's etc, they park on Peel Street between St. Catherine and Maisonneuve Blvd. Ferrari's are usually there on the Thursday night. Downtown Montreal is a blast during the race weekend and the race is great. Crescent Street is the place to be at night. I sit at the Hairpin but have sat at the first corner and also on the pit straight. Great atmosphere all around.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode