Goodwood Revival 2012 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Goodwood Revival 2012

Well, the hotels are booked and the tickets are confirmed.

It was a bit of a mad house getting the hotels sorted because I (and at least 1 other person) was kicked out of my original hotel last week, which I had booked 6 weeks ago. That hotel is very close to Goodwood and often gets used by the Estate. I still think that Lord March booked my cottage after me ....

At least I did manage to find something, albeit a lot further away.

Really looking forward to it. I'll be taking the 330GTC again this year. It will be the first time as a GRRC member and the GTC is parked in the car show parking lot on Friday. Don't exactly know what that means, but thought I'd go for it. My brother will join me, as well as FL's Vitalone and a mutual friend.

If any of you are thinking of going - now's the time. Hotel reservations will already be difficult. It is still very easy to get good grandstand seats, though.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Images

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Last edited by JazzyO; 11-08-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Great pic Onno!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 8 Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
great pic. i would like nothing more than to go and some day i shall. but probably not this year...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 8 Old 02-07-2012, 09:30 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
it's on my bucket list. maybe in '12 or '13
post #5 of 8 Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Highly annoyingly, the tickets still haven't arrived. I will need to phone Goodwood this week.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

330GTC
post #6 of 8 Old 02-07-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNSX View Post
it's on my bucket list. maybe in '12 or '13
If you want to do it this year, I suggest you organise as soon as possible. At least, if you want to go for more than a day and you want grand stand seats. Nearby hotels will be practically impossible to organise.

Onno

330GTC
post #7 of 8 Old 02-07-2012, 12:22 PM

VIR track event March 19-20

On behalf of the Southeast Region of the Ferrari Club of America I’d like to invite you to join us March 19th and 2th for two days of unparalleled track time and hospitality at one of America’s finest motorsports facilities, Virginia International Raceway!

We are fortunate to have VIR’s famed Full Course at our disposal and promise to provide you a fantastic time to get a little closer with your Ferrari in its natural habitat, the track! For more info, please visit www.virclub.com

As most of you know, we have not been to VIR since 2010 and are thrilled to have this opportunity to come back. Hosting an event at one of the country’s foremost venues is no small financial undertaking and thanks to our Premier Event Sponsor Foreign Cars Italia and sponsors Ricambi America and Apex Vintage, we are able to make it happen for you this year. These sponsors have been tremendously supportive of the club and we are extremely appreciative for the role they play in this club!

Event Schedule (subject to change)

Sunday, March 18
o Check-in (after 3pm)
o Drinks and dinner at the Oak Tree Tavern (on-site) at your convenience and expense

Monday, March 19
o 7am: Tech Opens at Tech Shed
o 8am: Drivers Meeting
o 8:30am: First run group on track
o Lunch: At your convenience, concession stand will be open in paddock
o 5pm: Last session ends
o 6pm: Cocktails and Dinner at The Barn (on-site)

Tuesday, March 20
o 8am: Drivers Meeting
o 8:30am: First run group on track
o Lunch: At your convenience, concession stand will be open in paddock
o 5pm: Last session ends

Open to:
o FCA Members from any Region, driving any car
o Non-FCA Members bringing a Ferrari

Accommodations:
• On site at VIR: Call (434)-822-7700, ext. 101 or book online at www.experiencevir.com

o Guest Rooms: $99/night
o Paddock Rooms: $99/night
o Villas at South Bend, Upper Studio: $175/night
o Villas at South Bend, Lower Jr. Suite: $130/night
o Villas at South Bend, complete unit: $305/night

• Off-site: Chain Hotels in Danville, VA
• Garages: $100/day

***Helmets: Please note that your helmet MUST be rated Snell- or SA- 2005 or Snell- or SA-2010. If your helmet is rated 2000 (as in the year), it expired at the end of 2010 and you must obtain a newer helmet. If the historical pattern continues, the newer helmet will be acceptable for many years forward, i.e. a 2005 should be good thru 2015 and a 2010 should be good thru 2020. This requirement for updated helmets is standard for all car clubs due to insurance requirements. Also note that no motorcycle helmets are permitted. These helmet requirements will be strictly adhered to upon on-site tech inspection.

1) $525/driver if you register by March 5, $595 if you register after March 5. Co-driver registration is $200 before 3/5 and $250 after.
o Paypal your payment to [email protected] or…
o Mail your check to: FCA-Southeast
c/o Tom Williamson
201 Chapel Hill Rd.
Burlington, NC 27215

o Extra Monday Night Dinner Tickets (w/cocktails): $60/ticket

2) Email us at [email protected] to have registration form sent to you

3) Technical Inspection Forms to be completed by your qualified Ferrari tech will be provided by email upon receipt of your registration for the event.

*Please email us at [email protected] to let us know that your registration is en route.

About our Sponsors…

Premier Event Sponsor, Foreign Cars Italia: With locations in Greensboro, and Charlotte, Foreign Cars Italia is an authorized Ferrari-Maserati-Porsche-Aston Martin dealer¬ship and, with a territory covering the Carolinas and be¬yond, is the only authorized Ferrari dealer between Washington, DC and Atlanta. Since 1977, Foreign Cars Italia has been a supporter of the FCA and offers enthusiasts an expansive new and used exotic car inven¬tory as well full factory-authorized service facilities.
336-294-0200 - www.foreigncarsitalia.com
Event Sponsor, Ricambi America: Located in Winston-Salem, Ricambi America is your source for Ferrari, Maserati, & Lamborghini factory-authorized original and aftermarket parts solutions to known maladies for all models. Owned by passionate Ferrari enthusiast and FCA member Daniel Pass, Ricambi has been a longtime supporter of FCA and is a very active part of our club and its events.
336-499-2500 – www.ricambiamerica.com

Event Sponsor, Apex Vintage: Located in Raleigh, Apex Vintage specializes in the service, repair, and upgrade of Ferraris, Maseratis, and Alfa Romeos as well as vintage race car restoration and preparation. Apex boasts state of the art diagnostic equipment and Ferrari factory-trained technicians with decades of experi¬ence with modern and vintage Ferraris alike and is owned by Cecil Boyd, Italian car en¬thusiast, vintage racer, and FCA member. The team at Apex is passionate about Ferraris and seeks to assist in the preserva¬tion and en¬joyment of yours.
919-781-1871 - www.apexvintage.com
post #8 of 8 Old 02-07-2012, 12:23 PM

oops- i meant for that previous post to go elsewhere. sorry to hijack the thread.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode