Two German firms collaborate to send off F430 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Two German firms collaborate to send off F430

The Ferrari F430 is on its way out, making way for its replacement tipped to debut at the Frankfurt show. Ferrari itself is saying goodbye with a special edition auctioned off for charity, but a pair of German firms has collaborated to send off the F430 in its own unique brand of style. A joint effort by a company called Unique Sportscars and the Novitec Rosso tuning house we've come to know for its turbo and supercharged Prancing Horses, the F430 Calavera seems to answer questions nobody was asking, namely, what would a Ferrari look like if it spent too much time on Venice Beach? Well here you have it.

The Calavera is characterized by a (thankfully) unique tattoo-style paint job by airbrush artist Knud Tiroch. From there, Novitec has given the F430 its full workover, complete with twin superchargers to deliver 707 horsepower more than Novitec's own 656hp F430 Evoluzione, and about par with its TuNero version plus the requisite 20" wheels and an adjustable suspension. Unique and Novitec have also modified the interior and added a strip of daytime running lights along the front splitter, integrating into the Novitec body kit. All the mods help the custom exotic hit 60mph in 3.5 seconds en route to a claimed top speed of 216 mph. Unique Sportscars says they'll only build 11 examples, and with no accounting for taste, it's anyone's guess whether they'll sell that many.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Although many will disagree. I kind of like it, although I think the airbrushing might be a little much.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #3 of 6 Old 05-18-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
I agree with you Chris, I dont think the art work will be to everyone's taste. I know I wouldnt buy one - it's too much.

Well if you think the art work is bad on the exterior, take a look at these computer generated images of what the interior and illuminated engine bay will look like....

Here are the Technical Details of this F430 :

707 hp / 520 kW, 712 Nm, 0 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds, a top speed of 348 km/h and extremely sporty interior appointments. At the heart of the CALAVERA lies the NOVITEC ROSSO twin-supercharger engine in its latest evolutionary stage. Up to now, the eight-cylinder, four-valve engine with a displacement of 4,308 ccm and mechanical NOVITEC ROSSO twin superchargers produced 656 hp / 482 kW.
The sprint from rest to 100 km/h is shortened by half a second to 3.5 seconds. After just 10.5 seconds the car reaches 200 km/h. The 300-km/h barrier is shattered after 29.9 seconds. In combination with longer gear ratios available upon request the top speed grows from 315 km/h to 348 km/h.

20-inch wheels instead of the standard 19-inch wheels: The three-piece NOVITEC ROSSO NF3 double-spoke wheels in sizes 8.5Jx20 in front and 12Jx20 on the rear axle fill out the F430 wheel houses perfectly. High-performance tires in sizes 235/30 ZR 20 and 325/25 ZR 20 come from technology partner PIRELLI.

Like all other body components the NOVITEC ROSSO front spoiler was developed in the wind tunnel. It is attached to the underside of the production front apron. It lends the F430 an even more aggressive frontal appearance and reduces lift on the front axle Agile, safe handling is one of the strengths of the NOVITEC ROSSO sport suspension for the Ferrari, optimized everyday use the other. Contrary to the production suspension the front can be raised by 40 millimeters at the push of a button to safely navigate past curbs, driveway entries and speed bumps. Once the car reaches a speed of 80 km/h the suspension automatically lowers itself back to normal position, about 35 millimeters lower than the production car.

NOVITEC ROSSO sport stabilizers reduce body roll and provide even more direct turn-in. To be able to safely control this enormous performance potential at all times NOVITEC ROSSO also modifies aerodynamics, tires, suspension and brakes.
Attached Images

post #4 of 6 Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Wow that is definitely unique

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #5 of 6 Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
It's not F430

It's not only F430, but...

http://www.carsandgirls.hu/cars_and_...leryID=557&m=4

post #6 of 6 Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
where's the boom box
tats on the back of a beautiful gal still get me excited, sort of, but on that car NOT. And what is that going on in the engine bay...PLEASE don't tell me it's lowrider neon rope strings <gag>

Really cheapens it, like, Totally

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode