Spanish GP. What a discrace - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Spanish GP. What a discrace

All I could think of was "we're back to the 80's". Looks like our boys have lost their way again.
RikinZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz quali disaster on Sat and Massa running out of fuel yesterday
Ok I know the official line was that the fuel rig didn't seem to allocate the correct fuel but I can't help thinking "aye right".
It's rarely I agree with anything Eddie Jordan says but I totally agree with him that it's time to get shot of RikinZzzzzzzzzz. Never rated him from his McL days as he has no mechanical sympathy wih the car and falls asleep if things aren't going his way. He's just not hungry enough in my eyes.
Hope he goes at the end of the year and they go poaching either Vettal or Alonso.
Then there's the KERS that just doesn't to seem to work on ZZzz's car (because he breaks it) and the poor airo package.

I've followed the team from about 1969 through thick and thin and always will but I do hope this is only a blip. I just can't help thinking there's worse to come.

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
I agree with you that Kimi should go, his heart just doesn't seem to be in it, which is a real shame because when he is on form he is a great driver. I would love to see Vettel in a Ferrari, he will definitely be a multiple world champion during his F1 career. Not keen on Alonso though, despite his talent.
I also can't help thinking that the team management has gone down hill since the Ross Brawn days. It isn't just this year, there have been a catalogue of errors over the last couple of years - remember the traffic light system on their refuelling rig?
If it's any consolation for Ferrari, at least McLaren and BMW are just as bad this season, and I can't see Brawn, Red Bull and Toyota staying at the top for ever.
At least it makes it more interesting rather than the predictability of a Ferrari or McLaren win at every race.

Archie
post #3 of 8 Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Yeah, after Brawn left Ferrari started to go downhill and now it seems like the victory times are long gone.

PLEASE let Kimi go and bring some spirited driver to his seat!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy

post #4 of 8 Old 05-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
If it was my call, I would cut Kimi and his attitude loose tomorrow. Button has done a great job this year and would fit into the Ferrari way of operating well. Vettel would also be a great fit. However I am not sure Alonso (despite his huge talent) woudl fit the Ferrari mold and listening to Hamilton crap on about the car etc after Barcelona, I would not touch him.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 13
don't worry guys, ferrari is quitting F1..all of your heartache will be over soon
regarding Kimi - he's got a lay back attitude but i don't think you can blame the lack of result on his attitude. When you are driving that fast, attitude got little to do with it, its become primal instinct and his is one of the best. Kimi is just a driver, he is not a schumacher who takes on a more managerial role whereas kimi just turn up and drive the car, if its fast, its fast, if its not, its not...leave it to the engineer.
ps i'm no kimi fan but he seems to be my kind of guy.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
don't worry guys, ferrari is quitting F1..all of your heartache will be over soon
regarding Kimi - he's got a lay back attitude but i don't think you can blame the lack of result on his attitude. When you are driving that fast, attitude got little to do with it, its become primal instinct and his is one of the best. Kimi is just a driver, he is not a schumacher who takes on a more managerial role whereas kimi just turn up and drive the car, if its fast, its fast, if its not, its not...leave it to the engineer.
ps i'm no kimi fan but he seems to be my kind of guy.
That just it, an F1 competitor needs to be more than just a driver. He need to be able to work with the team to make the car more competitive. Schumi was outstanding at this, Massa is learning, and Alonso is the current benchmark. Kimi doesn't have it and is not interested in learning. While being the fastest driver was fine when you were provided with a car that was clearly in a class of its own, work. A lot more is needed to be successful right now. And for Ferrari, Kimi is not part of the solution.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-14-2009, 01:23 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
i really think Vettel and Massa would mesh together very well.
they are young, and massa seems interested in the team, and vettel it seems can not stop learning enough about the car.
the best way to use something is learn about it first. i think this goes for anything in life
post #8 of 8 Old 05-15-2009, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
That just it, an F1 competitor needs to be more than just a driver. He need to be able to work with the team to make the car more competitive. Schumi was outstanding at this, Massa is learning, and Alonso is the current benchmark. Kimi doesn't have it and is not interested in learning. While being the fastest driver was fine when you were provided with a car that was clearly in a class of its own, work. A lot more is needed to be successful right now. And for Ferrari, Kimi is not part of the solution.
X1 well said

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode