Keys & Fobs, this must be a joke... - Ferrari Life
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Garage
Keys & Fobs, this must be a joke...

So I just went down to Ferrari of Marin and they told me it was $350 for a spare key... $600 for new fobs (the current one becomes a souvenir)... $500 for a 4 digit code... b/c the code that came in the owners manual is missing... that must be purchased from italy now... and if that's not enough retribution, if the ECU has been messed with, then i gotta buy a new one... they range from $1200-$3800!!! WTF!
I've got one key and one fob that came with the car... anyone know how to get around this mess!?!?!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi Palmer View Post
So I just went down to Ferrari of Marin and they told me it was $350 for a spare key... $600 for new fobs (the current one becomes a souvenir)... $500 for a 4 digit code... b/c the code that came in the owners manual is missing... that must be purchased from italy now... and if that's not enough retribution, if the ECU has been messed with, then i gotta buy a new one... they range from $1200-$3800!!! WTF!
I've got one key and one fob that came with the car... anyone know how to get around this mess!?!?!?!?
Unfortunately no. Only suggestion is to get in contact with the last owner and ask him for the Red Master Fob. Key price seems very high. Should be about half what they are quoting.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 453
WTF!! How much??
Here's my very different experience i had when ordering a brand new key and immobilizer key, only last year.
I used Stradstone Ferrari in the UK near were i live. I ordered a brand new factory F355 key (cut) and CODED immobiliser key. The dealers sent my details through to Maranello Italy and within 4 days the brand new cut F355 key was with me and also the CODED immobilizer key. All the factory needed to get the right key (cut and ready to use) and codes for the immobilizer were the cars vin number.
The total cost a tiny 58!!!! In fact if you look at the bill you can see the key only cost me an even smaller 20!!! Man i was shocked as to how little that cost me, and it really did come from Maranello in Italy
Attached Images

Last edited by chaz; 04-13-2009 at 02:25 AM.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Levi,

Here's what you do.

ILCO makes a key blank for the Alfa, Fiat, Ferrari, Lancia, etc. They are about $2.50. I can give you the # later. I just don't have the number with me. Go to a key shop and have two made.

Then call Penske-Wynn Ferrari in Las Vegas at 702-770-3582 and order an Enzo souvenir key for $200.00.

Send them both to me and you'll end up with the below photo.

If you need an additional alarm fob I can help you there as well.

Look on eBay for one or go to a Porsche dealer and purchase P/N: 99361825902 key fob. It's the same as Ferrari. It will say Porsche on it but that can be removed.

Send me one of your black key fobs (identify the functional one) and send me a fob from eBay or Porsche, and I will program it for you for $50.00.

I can program any remotes from 355 on up.

If you have only a red remote I prefer not to have you send that one but I can program a black one from it. It's just a bit risky.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Unfortunately no. ---
No longer.

See my comments!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
No longer.

See my comments!
Can you do this for the 550 ? agp22 was in need of a new fob.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Owner

any from 355 up!

If it's a euro remote (433 Mhz) then you must find a replacement euro remote and I can program it. I do need a functioning black remote, however.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
The comradery and willingness to help one another on Ferrari Life I truly believe is unparelleled on any other forum or website. I can only imagine what a Utopia the world could become if this idealogy were more common place and practiced. I am very proud to be part of such a gathering of like-minded individuals. Thank You All...Mark
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Owner

Ok, Mark, then you have to come to some of our functions that are better than Utopia. They are Nervana!

This is a great forum and I am trying to encourage more folks to post in the tech sections their experiences with various aspects of work on their vehicles.

Do the same if you have such experiences.

If it were not for the internet the myth of Ferrari maintenance would never have been broken. It's just a car!

Welcome to the forum.
GSBennett likes this.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Seeker View Post
The comradery and willingness to help one another on Ferrari Life I truly believe is unparelleled on any other forum or website. I can only imagine what a Utopia the world could become if this idealogy were more common place and practiced. I am very proud to be part of such a gathering of like-minded individuals. Thank You All...Mark
Wow, thanks.
GSBennett likes this.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Garage
Thanks so much... i'll contact you soon once i get all the pieces together!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Owner

I have no way to contact you, Levi, since you are not accepting PM's!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:09 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 15
Greg,

Are you saying you can program a new black remote with another black remote? That would be simply amazing. I have heard from everyone that you need a red remote to reprogram other black remotes.

Like many others I only have one key and one black remote.

Thanks for helping out.

Best Regards,

Bob
Old 04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Owner

As long as you have one functional remote I can program as many as you want.

I get nervous when you have only the red remote but I can do it.

About mid-May I should be set to do these.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
As long as you have one functional remote I can program as many as you want.

I get nervous when you have only the red remote but I can do it.

About mid-May I should be set to do these.
Please let me know when I can get started as I would love to have a couple of remotes programmed from my existing black remote. I am amazed you can do this without the red remote. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Owner

I have a few ahead of you, Bob, and you have to purchase the key fobs either on eBay or from Porsche P/N: 99361825902

I will let you know, though.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I have a few ahead of you, Bob, and you have to purchase the key fobs either on eBay or from Porsche P/N: 99361825902

I will let you know, though.
Yes, I am in the process of purchasing them right now on www.remote-superstore.com. Looks like they sell brand new for $99. Please let me know when you are ready. I am sure you will have quite a few people interested.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Owner

Just make sure you are purchasing the correct ones.

US spec only.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:33 PM

They sell both red and black remotes. I am thinking about getting one of each. Are you able to program a red remote (master) from my single black remote?

An email to me from Remote Superstore states I will need a red remote before I can have any remotes programmed. I told them I have a black remote and I know someone who can program other remotes from it. They told me it was impossible. Not sure how you will do it but sounds great to me!

Thanks again.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Owner

They are dead wrong because they do not understan my process. They know not from what they speak.

Don't buy red remotes. I don't want them.

It is too confusing.

Buy black only!