Ferrari Dealers that have screwed you over. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-28-2003, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Ferrari Dealers that have screwed you over.

OK after reading a few post on here I think this is a good topic. I want all your horror stories to be posted here about bad dealers. We will also make one for good dealers in another topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Today I have my first bad story about a Ferrari dealer. Not only is it a Ferrari dealer but the only one own by Ferrari in America. My 550 was serviced by them before I purchased the car from another dealer. Ferrari of Orange County did give me copies of all the work, which had been done on my car. It had 28,000 miles on it when I purchased it. It had had the 30,000 work done on it or so I thought. I made a big mistake. I assumed that if the dealer told me the 30,000-mile work had been done it had and all of it had.

Well, not all of it was done and not all done correctly. Larry went over the work orders and showed me what was missing. My mechanic is telling me I am donating about $5,000 to his living expenses because of it. He says I do not have to do it but if I donít, the engine may fail in the near future. Since I drive it a lot and will be going to Las Vegas next month, I need to have it done. I do not want to be in the middle of the desert in summer in a broken down car. Not a good idea.

I am sad tonight because my beast is in the shop. Also, I have not told my wife of the coming bill. Yipes! She will again rag on me about how much this car is costing me, both in money and ragging by her.

:-?

12 cylinders or walk
post #3 of 6 Old 05-29-2003, 09:03 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 69
Bummer Bart - Is that the one in Costa Mesa on Baker St?

I am going to Newport Autosport today at lunch - Always fun. :-)

Who is the mechanic you currently have looking at the car? I have been looking for a good Ferrari mechanic around here.

Also, do you know of a Ferrari mechanic that can check out a car before you buy it?

Also, what was with the question marks on that thread that you posted when I was telling about my recent bad experience?? I didn't understand what you meant.

Cheers & thanks!

post #4 of 6 Old 05-30-2003, 05:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
Today I have my first bad story about a Ferrari dealer. Not only is it a Ferrari dealer but the only one own by Ferrari in America. My 550 was serviced by them before I purchased the car from another dealer. Ferrari of Orange County did give me copies of all the work, which had been done on my car. It had 28,000 miles on it when I purchased it. It had had the 30,000 work done on it or so I thought. I made a big mistake. I assumed that if the dealer told me the 30,000-mile work had been done it had and all of it had.

Well, not all of it was done and not all done correctly. Larry went over the work orders and showed me what was missing. My mechanic is telling me I am donating about $5,000 to his living expenses because of it. He says I do not have to do it but if I donít, the engine may fail in the near future. Since I drive it a lot and will be going to Las Vegas next month, I need to have it done. I do not want to be in the middle of the desert in summer in a broken down car. Not a good idea.

I am sad tonight because my beast is in the shop. Also, I have not told my wife of the coming bill. Yipes! She will again rag on me about how much this car is costing me, both in money and ragging by her.

:-?
That's a bummer. I always thought of Ferrari of Costa Mesa as cool people. Salesman was real cool. When I went to Newport, I thought of them as snobs. Then again, it's in Newport Beach. Perhaps I just look too young. Good luck.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
My Ferrai guy is Larry Englehart. He works only on Ferrari and many club members use him He is in Orange listed under Ferrari Techology.

I am not upset with Ferrari of Orange but Ferrari of San Francsico.

:P

12 cylinders or walk
post #6 of 6 Old 06-04-2003, 09:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 45
www.opprime.com

scammers. they totally have pissed me off. 1st, they told me that the car was in perfect working order with a new clutch. the car was appraised and the clutch needed replaced. also, they lied to me about shipping costs. i incurred another $125 there. Then the lights didnt work on the car, ect ect ect. DO NOT USE THIS GUY!

Not to mention they were a total pain in my ass. I had to beg them to mail the title, and they really dont follow instructions very well. overall a piss poor performance on their part.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode