Engine bay dress up? OK, kinda lame. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-30-2003, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Engine bay dress up? OK, kinda lame.

I wanted to dress up the engine bay a little, but didn't want to put in the time and effort to do the job like Joe Brosseau did (Awesome job Joe! Come over and do mine!)

So anyway, all the junk I bought for the car this winter all came with stickers and there were some fairly large open areas to apply them. So I did. Take a look. Comments?

It is discrete because it is all under the engine cover and not normally seen, but when you lift the lid, the stickers, along with the chrome coils, really add some color. I often pick up the lid for people who don't know much about Ferrari's (other than that they go fast) and when I do and they see the stickers they seem to think "Wow! This has racing stickers in the engine compartment! This thing is tuned for performance! It must go really really fast!" Ha! I've got them fooled! So what do you think? I can always remove them later.

You may notice that I have not yet installed the rubber boot for the front distributor, actually I am kind of torn. I am thinking about removing the rubber boot for the rear distributor instead. I think the engine has a less "bulky" look without the boots and I don't drive it in the rain anyway. I like the look without the boots. Any thoughts on running without boots?
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-30-2003, 05:45 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
you mean like this.
it only took a little over a hour. the painting of the valve cover was the hardest.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-01-2003, 01:07 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
:lol:
those stickers are funny
from what are they?

post #4 of 9 Old 05-01-2003, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Dirk,
one is from K&N, the air filter manufacturer; one is from Crane Cams, the ignition system and coil manufacturer; and the other is from Magnecor, the ignition wire manufacturer.

Joe,
Maybe it only took you a little over an hour, it would take me that long just to gather up all the stuff. I was standing there and looking at the reaction rod (the bar between the rear firewall and the rear valve cover) and I was thinking "You know, that thing would look better if it was red." What do you think?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #5 of 9 Old 05-01-2003, 06:44 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
:P Hi Pete, Im not too keen on the stickers, do like the removal of the boot ,I guess with your mechanical skills dressing the engine bay like the other guy seems too trivial a thing to do ha,ha,ha,P.S. Did you recive my photos Mick.. ha:
post #6 of 9 Old 05-01-2003, 08:11 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
pete, i think you should give it a whirl, painting the bar that is. if it looks bad you can always strip the paint. its not like you are gonna hurt anything. just dont go crazy painting everything red. :lol:
post #7 of 9 Old 05-03-2003, 07:06 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 82
wow its really really cool feeling to see you ferrari guys use the same aftermarket parts that we dsm'ers use

magnecore = the best damn wires alieve
crane cams = we use those ignition boxes all the time. the pruven performance race car uses that ignition box (it puts down 585 horses to all four wheels with only 2 liters of displacement) and no nitrous just turbo
K&N air filters = industry standard

very very cool feeling.makes me not feel so bad when i pay 85 bucks for my set of magnecors for my colt gt turbo.

dsm's = mitsubishi eclipse, eagle talon
post #8 of 9 Old 05-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 575
Pete, you shouldn't have any problems running the car without the cap-boots, even in the rain. Only if you're washing the car, you should at least cover them with a small plastic bag (it'll keep the excess amounts of water from the washing out of the dist.).

Stickers look good...
post #9 of 9 Old 05-07-2003, 09:08 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
I hate those people with GTI'1 with spoilers and stuff to make the car look faster than it is. This makes me feel the same way. Painting the valve-cover, OK, but stickers just for fun, rather not. But just my opinion. It is still your car :wink:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode