Scuderia cleanest Ferrari ever? - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Scuderia cleanest Ferrari ever?

By skiping thru the Scuderia's sales booklet, my attention fell to some technical figures. Having owned the Stradale as well, I started comparing the technical details between the Stradale and Scuderia.
Interestingly, the width, height, Wheelbase, front track and rear track are exactly the same. Also Ferrari isues obviously "scale effects" on their
industrial production planing.
Interestingly again the maximum torque is reached at lower rpm levels on the Stradale ( 38kgm at 4'750rpm's) than with the Scuderia (48 kgm at 5'250 rpm's) whereas I would normally expect it to be opposite with a higher volume engine.
But most amazing to me was the level the CO2 emissions on the Scuderia: 360g/km as compared to the Stradales 440g/km. Please be reminded that the figures are for european market cars. Being positively surprised by this fact i went back and checked the emissions for other often driven and well known Ferrari's. The CO2 levels are as follows:

550 Maranello 558g/km
575 498g/km
599 GTB 490g/km
F430 420g/km
360 Modena 440g/km
Scuderia 360g/km

I assumed that while the Scuderia seems to be one of the fastest Ferrari street car inventions of the last years is also seems to ve the "cleanest" one. Maybe not a bad argument to be used in front of your wife or childreens to argue for an order.
212Export is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 07:08 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Ferrari Life Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
By skiping thru the Scuderia's sales booklet, my attention fell to some technical figures. Having owned the Stradale as well, I started comparing the technical details between the Stradale and Scuderia.
Interestingly, the width, height, Wheelbase, front track and rear track are exactly the same. Also Ferrari isues obviously "scale effects" on their
industrial production planing.
Interestingly again the maximum torque is reached at lower rpm levels on the Stradale ( 38kgm at 4'750rpm's) than with the Scuderia (48 kgm at 5'250 rpm's) whereas I would normally expect it to be opposite with a higher volume engine.
But most amazing to me was the level the CO2 emissions on the Scuderia: 360g/km as compared to the Stradales 440g/km. Please be reminded that the figures are for european market cars. Being positively surprised by this fact i went back and checked the emissions for other often driven and well known Ferrari's. The CO2 levels are as follows:

550 Maranello 558g/km
575 498g/km
599 GTB 490g/km
F430 420g/km
360 Modena 440g/km
Scuderia 360g/km

I assumed that while the Scuderia seems to be one of the fastest Ferrari street car inventions of the last years is also seems to ve the "cleanest" one. Maybe not a bad argument to be used in front of your wife or childreens to argue for an order.
It really is a big difference. Generally of course technical development leads to also less emissions but in the case Stradale vs Scuderia the C02 numbers (Which corresponds to 19.1lit/100km and 15.7) is indeed very different and I had not taken any notice of this. It would be interesting to get the explanation.

Anyone got Cd and frontarea figures? The Scuderia is somewhat heavier and got 10mm wider frontires right? Less friction losses in the powertrain and wheelbarings? Gear ratios? How about cam timing? Both got continous valvtiming both intake and exhaust? Do the Scuderia has adjustable cam lift? Less backpressure in the exhaust? The Scuderia's got more "driving settings" so maybe they've used the first of them to have a low fuel consumption setting in the ECM? That is of course far from enough to make that big difference. I thought maybe the Stradale runs rich as soon as you touch the accelerator but then I can imagine it would have problems passing emission legislation. It's a Euro 3 right? Hmm, maybe not...

Finally, anyone knows a site where you have a in depth description of Ferrari engine specs?

Oh, about the engine speed difference in peak torque my guess is that it's due to the different design of the intake. And it can also be that the bigger Scuderia engine still got a greater torque than the Stradale at the same engine speed of 4750 rpm.

On the other hand, torque is nothing and power is everything!

-- Target: 288 GTO --
ferrariforum is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
It's very comforting to know that I am contributing the most to ensuring that Holland will have sunny skies from 2010.

But what about the rising sea level, I hear you cry? Of course, it's difficult to drive your 550 underwater, but that's why my house is an astonishing 3m above sealevel! The town I live in is called (translated literally from Dutch) the "Mountain of X", X being the town next door. This mountain is a breathtaking 7 metres above sealevel. You have to ascend it slowly or you may get altitude sickness...

No wonder I feel slightly elevated above my fellow countrymen....


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
It's very comforting to know that I am contributing the most to ensuring that Holland will have sunny skies from 2010.

But what about the rising sea level, I hear you cry? Of course, it's difficult to drive your 550 underwater, but that's why my house is an astonishing 3m above sealevel! The town I live in is called (translated literally from Dutch) the "Mountain of X", X being the town next door. This mountain is a breathtaking 7 metres above sealevel. You have to ascend it slowly or you may get altitude sickness...

No wonder I feel slightly elevated above my fellow countrymen....


Onno
Jazzy it looks leik you have not spreaded your risk enough. 550 will be forbidden to be driven (because of those 558g/km) and your house is underwater. I guess you have to let one go.......
212Export is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 04-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Jazzy it looks leik you have not spreaded your risk enough. 550 will be forbidden to be driven (because of those 558g/km) and your house is underwater. I guess you have to let one go.......
No, no, my house won't be underwater. My town will turn into an island and I (being the only Ferrari driver in it) will declare myself king of the new country of "Ferrari" where there will be no speed limits and there are tax breaks for dirty cars. 430 Scuderias, if there were any, would be heavily taxed for being too clean. Unfortunately the road network will be rather limited, but it'll be a fantastic feeling to remove all those speed bumps!


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
It's very comforting to know that I am contributing the most to ensuring that Holland will have sunny skies from 2010.

But what about the rising sea level, I hear you cry? Of course, it's difficult to drive your 550 underwater, but that's why my house is an astonishing 3m above sealevel! The town I live in is called (translated literally from Dutch) the "Mountain of X", X being the town next door. This mountain is a breathtaking 7 metres above sealevel. You have to ascend it slowly or you may get altitude sickness...

No wonder I feel slightly elevated above my fellow countrymen....


Onno
Onno, sounds like you need to sell the 550 and get a Prius

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Owner
 
Saint Bastage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Essex Connecticut
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Hey Onno

On your way home, do you have to stop at base camp for your body to decompress/adjust?

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
Saint Bastage is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale